NEWS: Sky Q offer knocks more than 50% off 4K HDR LG TV

The minis will do HD though, yes?

I'm interested in upgrading but concerned the tv is not big enough.

I've an old school pioneer plasma 43" and still love it.
Not convinced a 43" LG will cut it.
If you are going to stick with your hd tv, don’t go for sky q. I have a 58” hd set and my old sky hd box gave a far better picture than the sky q box.

The user interface is also a lot worse, but let’s not go down that road just yet. I’m going to give it a few more days trial before feeding back.

The user interface is also a lot worse, but let’s not go down that road just yet. I’m going to give it a few more days trial before feeding back.

The sky remotes in the past have always been really good in my view. The sky q one looks like it needs "a bit of getting used to" shall we say?

If you are going to stick with your hd tv, don’t go for sky q. I have a 58” hd set and my old sky hd box gave a far better picture than the sky q box.

Is this a universal feeling / opinion then?

Does sky q not do HD as well as a sky hd box?

Is this a universal feeling / opinion then?
No. Some say the Q pic is 'softer' and others say there is no difference and some say it is better some say it depends on how your TV is set up. Take your pick.:confused:
Does sky q not do HD as well as a sky hd box?
See above.:D

I believe the offer has expired now anyway?
It has, but the thread has drifted onto a subject that has absolutely nothing to do with the thread title. (Nothing new there then:facepalm:)

This offer has expired but if you know someone who works for Sky they should have codes that you can use.

Got mine this morning, contrast on this is pretty poor, however its for the kids to play xbox on and the input lag is pretty low, so not too bad, certainly couldn't find anything else for that price.

Does anyone have any recommended settings for this TV as out the box its pretty crud.
Only saving grace is WEBOS if i'm honest so at least all the catchup apps/youtube are there. Youtube does do HDR if anyone is interested and it also supports HLG.

Any recommended settings? Had a play with the in-laws last night but couldnt find the finer picture tuning settings (if any) only options for standard, sports, movies etc.

Is their an option to turn on HDR is dose it kick in automatically when a compatible channel is selected?

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom