NEWS: Sky Q now offers HDR on Netflix

No they won't bend over, but they can be pushed......I got Sky Q about 2 years ago and got a new V2 box at the time (way before HDR was on the horizon for Sky), so for someone getting Q only 8 months ago to be given a V1 box is taking the Michael, IMHO.

To me it sounds like Sky are penny pinching by dishing out refurbed old boxes instead of new ones. That in itself would be cheeky, but when then are now charging 50 quid to upgrade to V2/3 for HDR it's inexcusable.
You are lucky to get a V1 box considering the number of issues people including myself are having with sound dropouts, I would be happy to swap back considering the lack of unique HDR available

You are lucky to get a V1 box considering the number of issues people including myself are having with sound dropouts, I would be happy to swap back considering the lack of unique HDR available

Not experienced any sound drop outs with my V2.

I guess I’m a lucky one - got a V3 box and don’t experience any dropouts at all

My V1 box provided a 4K feed into my LG OLED with no image issues but audio dropped out intermittently both through the built in sound bar and my av receiver. Put up with it for a couple of years before contacting Sky. Did so a couple of weeks ago primarily to get a box capable of HDR free.

Had a V2 box installed on 6th October, and briefly watched some HDR content for no more than a minute to confirm functionality. The first time I attempted to watch a complete UHD presentation was the Man City v Arsenal game. After three to four minutes the feed stopped, replaced by an error message saying there were technical issues displaying UHD. Did a hard reset of the box, etc only for this issue to continue throughout the game each time I tired to watch it in UHD. Downloaded Rivera and replicated the issue again. No issues watching Netflix 4K via Sky. Equally BT Vision/ Amazon Prime feeds into my panel work without issue as well.

A brief Google search indicates supposedly known handshake issues between V2 boxes and certain LG and Samsung panels. The suggested remedy is a V3 box. Sky have booked an engineer visit for this coming Friday and left a note for the engineer indicating the above.

I “just” want a box which works and is capable of HDR 😇

Last edited:
Still no HDR on Netflix on my V3 box. Is the rollout still ongoing?

Still no HDR on Netflix on my V3 box. Is the rollout still ongoing?

Yep, I'm still on the 120 firmware, can do nothing but wait......

Yep, I'm still on the 120 firmware, can do nothing but wait......
have you tried running the software update manually? Still might not be available though.

have you tried running the software update manually? Still might not be available though.

Nah, can't be forced unfortunately, just have to wait for Sky to extract the digit........

A brief Google search indicates supposedly known handshake issues between V2 boxes and certain LG and Samsung panels. The suggested remedy is a V3 box. Sky have booked an engineer visit for this coming Friday and left a note for the engineer indicating the above.

I experienced this with a brand new V2 box installed when we bought a 2nd TV (LG CX) and had random connectivity issues with just a fuzzy screen which no amount of input swapping/cable changing/HDMI port swapping would prevent. Reported it within days of installation and after a bit of to and fro had a V3 box delivered for self swap. Been perfect since (although the image flashes a few times on startup of TV and Q box)

At the time tech support were aware of Samsung issues but adamant LG not an issue - sounds like they've accepted there's a wider issue.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom