Whitley Lad

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Just did an app refresh and it’s there now

Was on mine when I switched on. HDR available too.

Any pricing offers like they have for Netflix?

Just need Apple TV+ app now and I have all services I use one 1 box

Just need Apple TV+ app now and I have all services I use one 1 box

That's Sky's aim - a one box solution and world domination!

This really is great news. Sky doesn't have the best P/S quality but its the ease of use. the convivence of not having to switch between inputs.
My Sony XD9305 has the words worse OS so trying to watch prime on the TV has always been a pain.
however, ive noticed that as more and more apps come to SkyQ, my gen1 box is starting to feel more and more sluggish and buggy.

Just looked at Jack Ryan, it’s 4K HDR 👍

Downloaded NowTV onto the firestick just there but says it needs an update to run even thoughit was only released on the Amazon appstore today and no update is available :D Hopefully when it is up and running it has full Boost compatibility like the Sony Android TV app rather than the botched Apple TV update where they left off DD5.1 (to be fixed later) and just added 1080p with 50fps for sport.

Good to have all the main apps I use on firestick. Probably saves me buying a 2nd Apple TV since it is far smoother than the Android TV interface on my Sony XF90 and has the Apple TV app.

Great - finally a wired ethernet device that plays 4K and also has the NowTV app (Fire Stick 4K). Previously the only other option was a circa £200 Apple TV 4K.

Well done Sky and amazon for finally banging your heads together in the right way :)

[and of course I know NowTV is 1080p at best. The point though is that the Firestick now becomes the one stop shop, i.e. THE device with every app I use (Disney, Netflix, Prime, Apple, NowTV, Plex, YouT, iplayer, 4OD, 5OD, ITVplayer), AND it has wired ethernet AND it has 4K for those services that support it). AFAIK the Apple TV 4K is the only other such device in the UK that has this and its 4 times the price. [other than LG TVs which also have this often undercooked and incredible feature].

Last edited:
Downloaded NowTV onto the firestick just there but says it needs an update to run even thoughit was only released on the Amazon appstore today and no update is available :D Hopefully when it is up and running it has full Boost compatibility like the Sony Android TV app rather than the botched Apple TV update where they left off DD5.1 (to be fixed later) and just added 1080p with 50fps for sport.

Can confirm working fine now after uninstalling and downloading again. Appears to have full boost support - not got 5.1 system on that TV but option in menu is there to change from stereo to 5.1 - so very pleased.

Be curious to see the UI on sky for this because the one on my sony TV makes my teeth itch. It used to allow filtering of prime only but now it's an absolutely jumble sale, chaotic mess.

Just realised this when I went to the home page on sky q. Worked flawlessly and has 4K hdr and atmos on launch. Why can’t they now add atmos on Netflix and Disney plus as this would be great. I’ll keep using the tv apps for that until they do.
edit. Just tried Netflix on sky Q and it won’t open. Goes to Netflix logo then screen goes blank and back to Sky TV. Anyone else have this issue?

Fantastic news. Good to see that NowTV app is now available on the Firestick 4k and PrimeVideo on SkyQ. It makes both products more attractive propositions.

The Firestick 4k now has most of the key streaming apps.

Can someone please check Netflix is working. I’m trying mine and reset the box but it’s not working now.

Can someone please check Netflix is working. I’m trying mine and reset the box but it’s not working now.
Yes , just tested all working on my system.

This is great news, I just wish they’d fix the problem with the sound dropping out then I’d actually use it!

Fantastic news. Good to see that NowTV app is now available on the Firestick 4k and PrimeVideo on SkyQ. It makes both products more attractive propositions.

The Firestick 4k now has most of the key streaming apps.
The only problem with the Firestick 4K is that you have to manually switch it to a 4K resolution to watch anything in 4K unless you are watching something on Prime. No other apps support framerate/auto resolution matching so playback at the default 1080p if the display format is set to auto.

It's the primary reason I dumped it in favour of an ATV 4K.

My 4K Firestick auto switches to 4K on non-Prime apps. I watched Long Way Up in 4K Dolby Vision on the Apple TV app this morning. Looked stunning. The Crown on Netflix also automatically switched to 4K Dolby Vision last night - I checked the resolution & bit rate whilst it was playing. For such a small device (and for £25 on Prime Day) it's a superb bit of kit.

It'll be interesting to see how Atmos holds up, it's been problematical with SKY's own programs - SKY Sport UHD has frequent dropouts in the audio.

I don't know where the problem lies, I guess it could be at the source with football being a live broadcast.

I searched SKY's forums for a solution but their solution is "Set your Q's audio output to Dolby Digital instead of DD+".

That "cures" it but of course you lose Dolby Atmos.

Hopefully Apple TV+ will come to NowTV and SkyQ devices in the near future as well.

The Apple TV 4K had a long awaited upgrade to the NowTV app last week which bizarrely didn't include 5.1 digital audio. I can't help but think that this would be corrected ASAP if Apple gave something back to Sky,

The absence of certain streaming apps on some devices is very annoying.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom