NEWS: Sky Cinema adds Zack Snyder's Justice League to listings for 18th March

matthewricha

Hope it comes to other platforms..

shinken

Hope this turns out to be true and you don't have to pay extra for the movie.
Seems strange SKY wouldn't want to make an extra bit of cash.

DB9S

If true, then this is the (second) best news I have had this year.
Excellent!

Hope this turns out to be true and you don't have to pay extra for the movie.
Seems strange SKY wouldn't want to make an extra bit of cash.
If it is part of their agreement with Warner then so much the better.
I suspect it is because the film is being released streaming only. No cinema release licencing or 'owt to hold it back or require more money (al-la WW84).
Straight to streaming = straight to subscriber packages with no additional outlay.

That's my theory anyway and I am sticking to it! :thumbsup::D

zAndy1

Distinguished Member
The 4:3 aspect ratio of this is going to really annoy me, what on earth is that all about?!

RichardG

1.66:1 according to ZS.

We'll see in about a week!

jxp

4:3 looks annoying to me too. Apparently Snyder shot it like this for use in IMAX and when he came to re-edit he wanted to keep the composition.
Originally (2016) it would have been cropped to 1:85:1 for regular cinemas.

Personally I think this is a bad choice. 4:3 generally signifies old content (90s TV or earlier), claustrophobic material or IPad. I don't think any of those are appropriate.

RichardG

1615392107296.png

RichardG

Will look like the bottom image (apparently). Doesn't bother me - looks fine. You get extra detail at top and bottom and if that's how it was framed, don't re-frame it!

1615392240602.png

Will I Aint

The only thing for me is that on sky, I won't be getting HDR. I'd rather have a app on the shield or TV that could utilise HDR. I've got netflix with sky but never use it with their box, TV and shield do it way better.

DB9S

The only thing for me is that on sky, I won't be getting HDR. I'd rather have a app on the shield or TV that could utilise HDR. I've got netflix with sky but never use it with their box, TV and shield do it way better.
We won't know if it is in HDR until they put it up. Or do you mean you have an older box?
If the broadcast is not HDR I will download it on demand, which hopefully will be.

DB9S

I must admit I'm intrigued to see if it's as bad as the trailer makes it look, cos it looks really really bad
I am just keen to see the film as it was intended. Good or bad. Thanos is a big act to follow as a villain of universal proportions.... :cool:

Will I Aint

We won't know if it is in HDR until they put it up. Or do you mean you have an older box?
If the broadcast is not HDR I will download it on demand, which hopefully will be.
older 2Tb Q box without HDR

zAndy1

Distinguished Member
If it's not HDR on sky I'll watch it on hbo max, in fact I'll probably do that anyway

raduv1

Distinguished Member
Just phone Sky and tell them you are having sound drop outs when using your home cinema set up from your Q box. That's how I got a V3 at no extra cost.

Will I Aint

Gotcha. Ever thought about getting the newer box?
I begrudge having to pay out for a new box, when it would only support HDR. Between TV and shield they cover HDR, DV and HLG

Will I Aint

Just phone Sky and tell them you are having sound drop outs when using your home cinema set up from your Q box. That's how I got a V3 at no extra cost.
Might give that a go and I do get the odd audio dropout. I thought i read somewhere on the forums that there was a shortage of the v3 boxes?

DB9S

I begrudge having to pay out for a new box, when it would only support HDR. Between TV and shield they cover HDR, DV and HLG
Didn't know you had to pay for it. I only got Q a short while ago and have the latest box.
So they own the gear and yet will not give out free updated boxes to those that ask?
They have just told me prices are going up again too!

raduv1

Distinguished Member
Might give that a go and I do get the odd audio dropout. I thought i read somewhere on the forums that there was a shortage of the v3 boxes?
Not sure about the shortage on V3 as got mine last year just before Sky launched HLG on the Q box. It will not stop audio dropouts I'm afraid but will admit that Sky hdr is quite impressive.

raduv1

Distinguished Member
Didn't know you had to pay for it. I only got Q a short while ago and have the latest box.
So they own the gear and yet will not give out free updated boxes to those that ask?
Tight arse buggers. They have just told me prices are going up again too!
Yup I believe its a £50 shell out .

The latest video from AVForums

LG G1 OLED Evo TV and SVS SB-1000 Pro subwoofer reviews, Samsung OLED rumours and more...
Subscribe to our YouTube channel

Latest News

What's new on UK streaming services for May 2021
  • By Andy Bassett
  • Published
Samsung's 110-inch Micro LED TV on pre-order at Harrods
  • By Andy Bassett
  • Published
Bang & Olufsen introduces Beosound Emerge speaker
  • By Andy Bassett
  • Published
Sony launches native 4K VPL-VW290ES and VW890ES projectors