NEWS: Sky and Channel 4 extend partnership

tcp/ip

That's excellent news for people that don't have Sky F1 and want to still have access to highlights over a GP weekend.

Plektrum

It does suggest they’re adding more Channel 4/All4 content to Sky’s catalogue rather than just plonking the All4 app onto SkyQ - fingers crossed that means some more UHD content alongside those shows they quietly upgraded in recent months.

La Finta Nonna

This is where Sky is going these days it wasn’t so long ago that every time C4 got a new show up and running Sky would throw money at it and it would be gobbled up now they seem to realise that they both have the same problem namely the streaming giants

dante01

Distinguished Member
Is this partly why Ch4 HD isn’t on Freesat but is behind a paywall on SKY?

Nope. SKY have no exclusity rights as far as Channel 4 HD are concerned and you can access it via other service providers such as Freeview and Virgin Media. The issue with Freesat not having CH4 HD is one caused by Freesat themselves

Freesat decided to significantly levy the carriage fees charged to to Channel 4 . So channel 4 decided to pull the plug on provision of CH4 HD and their All 4 service from the platform.

CH4 HD isn't behind a paywall and can be accessed for free via Freeview.

Last edited:

NatTheGooner

Yes I know that, but I can only receive TV through a satellite dish and CH4 HD isn’t on the Freesat epg but if I pay for SKY I can have it on their epg. There are work arounds but it’s annoying.

ShanePJ

AVForums Sponsor
Yes I know that, but I can only receive TV through a satellite dish and CH4 HD isn’t on the Freesat epg but if I pay for SKY I can have it on their epg. There are work arounds but it’s annoying.
Purchasing an old SkyHD box will resolve your issue of not accessing CH4 HD. That's what I do and I know you still have to pay for the pause live tv/recording features if you wish to use them, but as their system is one of the best on the market and its only a nominal fee of £10 PM. But whether you feel its worth it is one that only you can make

As for Sky, I've moved over to more streaming services as I hate watching adverts all the time and found that after four months, I haven't missed it or any of the other HD channels which Sky offer as they're almost all available on services I have

rs101

You should be able to get it in non-freesat mode. It's simply that they don't want to pay the fees to be on the Freesat EPG

stevebk

My Sky F1 offer has finished at £10 a month, tried to get another deal but nothing. They want to charge me £18 a month so I cancelled F1, movie's, & kids and saved £33 a month.
Back to Channel 4 for the F1 highlights.

The latest video from AVForums

Samsung HW-S60A + LG SP8YA soundbar & KEF LS50 Wireless II Reviews: Movie & TV Show News & Reviews
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom