NEWS: Sharp Dolby Atmos soundbars now available in UK

Thanks, don't you just love these power output claims, 570w, wow that's a lot lets buy it. It wont be 570 w rms, it will be some other measure, peak music power or some other irrelevant way they measure it to sustain there claims.
When you dig down you will find there is probably 40 watts going through the soundbar and the balance through the sub.

Sharp....that's not a brand name you hear very often around these parts. I believe that they make good calculators.

No DTS as far as I am aware.

The Sony Atmos soundbar with sub-woofer HTXF9000 which supports DTS X can be bought between £230-280. Had a listen a few weeks ago, sounded fantastic.

The Sharp has more physical speakers though so could potentially sound even better.

Shame no earc as all my devices are connected directly to my e9

Went for the SBW800 should get them for next weekend. Don’t expect in-depth reviews from me... I’m coming from using my B7 tv speakers so anything is better 😅

Went for the SBW800 should get them for next weekend. Don’t expect in-depth reviews from me... I’m coming from using my B7 tv speakers so anything is better 😅

Yeah this has come onto my radar when it popped up on Amazon last week, £450 seems good for what it looks like on paper. I was about to drop 3 times that amount on an alternative but can't justify it in the current climate. Please do give us a few thoughts when you get it set up.

And? Where’s the review man? Spill the beans! :D

Clem

Next Saturday, deliveries are delayed due to the current situation. Hopefully Saturday morning so I can set it up and enjoy the afternoon

I've just watched a "review" on YouTube, more of an unboxing truth be told. Over 10 mins and no mention of the atmos performance. His only gripe was the remote. I'm not expecting it to be ground breaking, just not crippled with ARC lip sync issue and I'd most likely be happy - especially with that amazon.de price.

120 cms means the soundstage should be reasonably good. However the lack of dedicated sub-out is disappointing.

Next Saturday, deliveries are delayed due to the current situation. Hopefully Saturday morning so I can set it up and enjoy the afternoon

not looking good...delivery was set to yesterday and yesterday evening it was changed to “now expected 18-21 April”😒.
I’m fine as long as they haven’t lost it 😡

So all set up, took me the whole afternoon as I had to sort out the cable mess I had behind the TV. I will give some feedback after some days of use.

first impressions are very positive. It looks very nice, it isn’t small and fits the whole length of my 65inch TV.
The led display looks nice behind the grate but I feel that it could have been a bit bigger to avoid all those abbreviations.

Remote control is really small 😅.

Yeah, the size is a good thing as far as I'm concerned, if you had a normal 5.1 setup you'd want the left and right front speakers wide of the TV so as soundbars go, the wider the better (as long as you have the space for it)

Was looking at ordering one to see what it is like. I can't see anywhere where it says whether it supports 4K HDR pass-through? Can anyone confirm?

Was looking at ordering one to see what it is like. I can't see anywhere where it says whether it supports 4K HDR pass-through? Can anyone confirm?

Says “4K pass through” on the box so I assume so.
I don’t have anything connected to it directly which is 4K so I haven’t actually tested this though.

Attachments

• 55625177-73C4-4945-99D9-7208E63A3DF0.jpeg
    55625177-73C4-4945-99D9-7208E63A3DF0.jpeg
    174.9 KB · Views: 143
Says “4K pass through” on the box so I assume so.
I don’t have anything connected to it directly which is 4K so I haven’t actually tested this though.

Thanks Matthew for checking the 4K pass-through, hopefully it supports HDR too.

How is the soundbar? Can’t find any reviews.

After the first couple of days I am happy with it. The sound is loud and clear and the virtual surround works well. But please understand I come from using the internal speakers of the lgb7 not from another soundbar.

I was forced to move the wireless sub closer than i initially intended. I wanted to put it next to my sofa at about 5 metres distance from the soundbar. In the manual it does say that it works at 5 metres distance open space and well that is not happening, as I could hear the sub losing connection. So I moved it next to the soundbar and the issues disappeared.

I find it a shame that there are no real options, no menu and possibility of any adjustments besides what you can do with the remote. In fact there is no firmware information and no hint as to how update it if needed/available. I assume that a USB key inserted when booting the bar would push any possible firmware update, however I can’t even find anything on the manual that hints at this possibility.

I mentioned the firmware as setting options is something that could be added with an update. At the moment there is no chance to personalise settings like distance between soundbar and user (assuming this is something that would make sense).

the whole thing is very much plug and play and that for make the setup quick and easy.

The latest video from AVForums

Is Home Theater DEAD in 2024?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom