NEWS: Scenic Labs launches LX1 affordable bias lighting

I am tempted to get this, price is decent and it shouts quality. Probably a 3 way as their is a soundbar straight under.

Also have a UK website
I am tempted to get this, price is decent and it shouts quality. Probably a 3 way as their is a soundbar straight under.
CRI of 95 is the same as the original Eclipse iirc, the short 22" was said to be enough for up to a 65" tv in just a single strip across the middle. All around the edges is more for wallmounted situations. That said, 1m of the new LX1 is not all that much cheaper than 1m of the Eclipse MK2 when ordered from the US website and not the UK one.
For me in euroland 1m of the LX1 costs ~€11 in the sale on the US website now (€14 with dimmer. Normally €17 or €20 with dimmer) but the shipping is €28 :laugh::censored:. To the UK is even more expensive with added taxes. The MK2 is €23 with dimmer included (could have sworn it was €22 yesterday/ €21,95 but above €22 explains the extra taxes charged)

In any case that makes the (€14!) LX1 ~€42 (tax free) when I can order the MK2 for €48 from Belgium/FSI (including 21% VAT).
(there are more LED's in a 1m MK2 strip so for the LX1 it might perhaps not be enough to have just a single strip. Then again you wouldn't run the MK2 at full brightness so it shouldn't be that hard to reach the appropriate brightness level on the LX1 I would think).

Last edited:
Also have a UK website

CRI of 95 is the same as the original Eclipse iirc, the short 22" was said to be enough for up to a 65" tv in just a single strip across the middle. All around the edges is more for wallmounted situations. That said, 1m of the new LX1 is not all that much cheaper than 1m of the Eclipse MK2 when ordered from the US website and not the UK one.
For me in euroland 1m of the LX1 costs ~€11 in the sale on the US website now (€14 with dimmer. Normally €17 or €20 with dimmer) but the shipping is €28 :laugh::censored:. To the UK is even more expensive with added taxes. The MK2 is €23 with dimmer included (could have sworn it was €22 yesterday/ €21,95 but above €22 explains the extra taxes charged)

In any case that makes the (€14!) LX1 ~€42 when I can order the MK2 for €48 from Belgium/FSI .
(there are more LED's in a 1m MK2 strip so for the LX1 it might perhaps not be enough to have just a single strip. Then again you wouldn't run the MK2 at full brightness so it shouldn't be that hard to reach the appropriate brightness level on the LX1 I would think).
Forgot about the taxes

I use a product from Power Practical called the Luminoodle and it's been great across the 3 different TV's I've had them installed on but I'm curious as to how it would compare with this one....

My TV sits on a cantilever stand about a foot from the wall behind. With that in mid, what would be better - 3 sides or 4? Wall is medium/slightly dark gray in colour.

Available on Amazon.FR and probably other amazon sites for the EU people out there.

My TV sits on a cantilever stand about a foot from the wall behind. With that in mid, what would be better - 3 sides or 4? Wall is medium/slightly dark gray in colour.

Available on Amazon.FR and probably other amazon sites for the EU people out there.
As mentioned in post #3 (otherwise I'd go for 4-sided):

Screenshot_2021-06-04 Bias Lighting .png

I use a product from Power Practical called the Luminoodle and it's been great across the 3 different TV's I've had them installed on but I'm curious as to how it would compare with this one....
More or less the same price in USD (UK price after VAT should track this), but LX1 has higher LED density, more accurate chromaticity coordinates (one measure of which is color temperature) and higher CRI (95 instead of 75). More accurate, but basically the same price, esp. when factoring in a dimmer.

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom