NEWS: Samsung unveils Galaxy Z Flip 4 and Fold 4 smartphones

One thing that is really, really starting to annoy is how dusty and smeary the screen gets due to the plastic screen protector.

On a normal phone I would just run it on my shirt or use a cloth to wipe it clean but with this, I'm a little more hesitant as I don't want to scratch the plastic.

Also, something I never considered before, taking a quick photo isn't as easy as on a normal phone due to having to open the bloody thing!!

One thing that is really, really starting to annoy is how dusty and smeary the screen gets due to the plastic screen protector.

On a normal phone I would just run it on my shirt or use a cloth to wipe it clean but with this, I'm a little more hesitant as I don't want to scratch the plastic.

Also, something I never considered before, taking a quick photo isn't as easy as on a normal phone due to having to open the bloody thing!!

I'm pretty sure you don't need to open the phone to take a quick photo. You can leave it closed and use the outer screen as the viewfinder.

I'm pretty sure you don't need to open the phone to take a quick photo. You can leave it closed and use the outer screen as the viewfinder.
That's fine for selfies but not for taking photos of things I'm looking at.

That's fine for selfies but not for taking photos of things I'm looking at.

With the phone closed the cameras are one side and the outside screen on the other. So, you open the camera app and point the cameras at your subject and see them in the outside screen just like a regular phone. Trust me; I've done this many times. :)

With the phone closed the cameras are one side and the outside screen on the other. So, you open the camera app and point the cameras at your subject and see them in the outside screen just like a regular phone. Trust me; I've done this many times. :)

On the Flip 4? The coverscreen and cameras are on the same side ..

On the Flip 4? The coverscreen and cameras are on the same side ..

Oh I see... I was so confused by this. I was talking about the Fold. I forgot this article is about both.

I know nothing of the Flip, sorry. :(

I wonder how many Fold units are being sold? I realise that it’s a tech marvel but the few people I’m aware of who’ve acquired one did it by trading in their old high end Samsung phones. With a cost of living crisis they’re going to have to sell them at half price soon to shift the units. O2 is offering the base unit on contract for £48 a month for 6 months then over £70 for the next 30. Black Friday deal. Hardly a bargain though!

Last edited:
O2 is offering the base unit on contract for £48 a month for 6 months then over £70 for the next 30. Black Friday deal. Hardly a bargain though!

The maths says thats £2,388 over 36 months.....Not really a 'deal' of any kind!

Samsung isn't counting on the Fold 4 to make them $$$$, they have more than enough other avenues for $$$$. I doubt they will start selling the Folds off for £500, they will simply not make many.

Even in a recession people do still buy stuff though, I'll be very keen to see what the Fold 5 brings, wouldn't take alot to convince me to upgrade from the 4.

The maths says thats £2,388 over 36 months.....Not really a 'deal' of any kind!

Samsung isn't counting on the Fold 4 to make them $$$$, they have more than enough other avenues for $$$$. I doubt they will start selling the Folds off for £500, they will simply not make many.

Even in a recession people do still buy stuff though, I'll be very keen to see what the Fold 5 brings, wouldn't take alot to convince me to upgrade from the 4.
Yes, you're probably right about profits. The Fold is almost like a technology demonstrator. I just wondered about how they would shift all their existing stock. All the networks and retailers seem to have plenty as they can all do 24/48 hour delivery.

All the networks and retailers seem to have plenty as they can all do 24/48 hour delivery.

Having inventory isn't normally seem to be an issue, there was a time been able to walk into a shop and buy something you want was deemed 'normal' :).

Anyone used a none standard pen on this, or best to use the Samsung one, seems alot for a bit of plastic!

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom