NEWS: Samsung teases 76-inch MicroLED TV plus flagship Q950A soundbar

Why have a 76 inch microled when you can have a 77 inch oled......

Why have a 76 inch microled when you can have a 77 inch oled......
Far superior maximum brightness, no loss of colour saturation at high luminance levels, and no screen burn. MicroLED has all of OLED's strengths and none of its weaknesses.

Far superior maximum brightness, no loss of colour saturation at high luminance levels, and no screen burn. MicroLED has all of OLED's strengths and none of its weaknesses.
Not fully true as MicroLed tv's in their current state also have a lot of weaknesses that OLED simply don't -

Multiple panels having to be stitched together. Meaning you have to sit a certain distance away or you will notice the seams. In fact even seated from far out you can notice on some scenes grid structure from the multiple panels.

Uniformity in each separate panels digrading at different rates. So regular maintenance from technicians having to come out to fix it for the entirety you keep the MicroLed tv.

Now if MicroLed tv's were just one single panel then it would be superior to OLED. But long before that Samsung's brighter QNED OLED (No doubt LG will bring something similar) without burn in and ABL will be available to consumers.

Last edited:
Far superior in theory they maybe but teases and the always bold Samsung hype machine are nothing for real world application or hands on of the tech . Until we see the consumer product of the holy grail of next gen displays I'll stick with my current OLED.

Samsung have already said.. that the smaller micro led is edge to edge screen..not modular ..its promising but the yield and the prices are a massive issue as of now. I believe the RGB process of placing the micro led has recently changed so its easier to create now...its strange as all the so called experts keep saying its years away from being affordable (at least 5) that maybe true. It will be interesting to see what price the 76 inch comes in at. When it comes out and what issues micro led will have. ( I know resolution seems to be a issue with the bigger 110"

Still realistically until for me its 65" and under £5,000 its still a no go ( and of course real world appraisals and reviews

Of course samsung don't support DV either, which will piss off the masses but interesting developments..I will file under ..watch this space

MicroLED is an exciting technology but I wonder if it will eventually belong in the "yesterday's next big thing" category along with the likes of SED and FED, prototypes of which used to wow attendees at CES and IFA 15 years ago.

These were of course completely different technologies. But they also faced the problem of being scaled up to commercial viability while existing display tech, especially LCD, continued to improve and became progressively cheaper to manufacture.

In the five years - or is it 10? - that it will take MicroLED to reach the mainstream, OLED will continue to improve (as we see with this year's new OLED evo panels), Samsung will launch QD-OLED and maybe its version of QNED, and even good old LCD may have some new tricks up its sleeve.

When new technology comes along, as it always does, people are going to have strong feelings about it especially if they have invested heavily in what they now have. There are still a lot of contributors who are strongly attached to plasma. Let's not quibble, but wait until the new products can be fairly assessed properly.

When new technology comes along, as it always does, people are going to have strong feelings about it especially if they have invested heavily in what they now have. There are still a lot of contributors who are strongly attached to plasma. Let's not quibble, but wait until the new products can be fairly assessed properly.

well said Mike, someone acting like an adult at last.

Its gonna need a footballers weekly wage to get one of these in the near future so only the rich will know how these really hold up

Does that sound bar still have that silly fabric? Hard to tell

Some people in the US already have some of these models and they don't seem overly impressed by them, maybe they are hindered by early software implementation and can be improved over time.

Sticking with my Panasonic OLED, can't go back to LCD.

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom