NEWS: Samsung Micro LED TV announcement expected?

raz77

As with all tech, prices will come down. I remember how expensive 77 inch oleds were. If I can get another 3-4 years out of my JVC x7900 and these are more reasonable prices, it’s a logical next step upgrade for me.

Hixs

Distinguished Member
Yeah but 25k to 5k is different from 150k to ?

Even in 5 years it's not dropping to consumer level pricing if it's starting that high.

Kingchin

Surely micro-led technology should in theory be one of the most efficient methods for converting electrical energy into red, blue and green light. More efficient than back-lit LCDs and more efficient than WOLED.
A 4k MicroLed tv would have roughly 8.3 million individual led's. In theory they could be as efficient as a OLED tv or even more efficient. But the holy grail a 4000 nits brightness MicroLed would be higher power consumption.

Kingchin

Even in 5 years it's not dropping to consumer level pricing if it's starting that high.
Depends if the Chinese companies like Hisense, TCL decide to bring a MicroLed tv to the consumer market at a reasonable price. If they do then the likes of Sony, Samsung, LG, Panasonic will have to react with their own versions.

Hixs

Distinguished Member
They're not going to be able to make it 80-90% cheaper overnight.

This is going to be a very niche product for the rich only for some years. Oled is here to stay for the average consumer.

DELUCAS

Distinguished Member
A thought : if the prices remain high for this new tech
and id imagine OLED screens improve over the next years which im sure they will and price drops as the norm .

will it not damage sales of Micro led tv if prices dont come down a lot by the sounds of things .

is it not better to sell Millions of Micro led tvs than to sell a few hundred to say footballers ;)

its in Samsung best interest to drop Prices soon as possible to crack the market and De Throne Oled so to speak .

RealityDysfunction

A 4k MicroLed tv would have roughly 8.3 million individual led's. In theory they could be as efficient as a OLED tv or even more efficient. But the holy grail a 4000 nits brightness MicroLed would be higher power consumption.
Yeah, even with 100% efficiency, all those photons are gonna cost!

Jagjit

Not sure if 110" OLED exists in the consumer market, but if it does it's going to be up there with the unrealistic prices. Will have been more in early generations.

IMO we can only start to gauge the prices if they can start making the smaller sets that will fit into the average living room and the tech starts getting developed by the other common household names like KingChin says

The latest video from AVForums

Podcast: Samsung HW-Q800A Soundbar & Rotel Michi X3 Reviews + TV show and Movie News & Reviews
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom