NEWS: Samsung launches Q950TS 8K QLED in Europe

Perhaps it is because I like the contrast better on the Samsung over the LG in general viewing?

At times the blacks can actually look better on high end QLEDs, because certain content blacks will elevate. The Nolan collection and planet earth is prime example

The levels look terrible on those videos... which means either the TVs are setup up really badly, or posting a video like that is not a good way to demonstrate TV performance.

The levels look terrible on those videos... which means either the TVs are setup up really badly, or posting a video like that is not a good way to demonstrate TV performance.
Can you do any better then?

Ok and continues to go backwards and forwards, repeating the ssme old. We get his point about samsung. Know one on this forum forgets that easily. Right or wrong he jumps on the same subject with the same jabs
So be a grown up and ignore or block the man...

Most here look for a new TV with recent features, thats why i highly doubt someone will buy a TV from a few years ago.

The ZD9 may be better yes but that thing was over the top expensive. Even a used one is still expensive. And the Panasonic is probably more wishful thinking on your side, but i can accept that opinion.
If you think the new TVs are sh*t why do you even post here ?
Because I'm an enthusiast who buys new tech all the time and I like to keep up to date. And I like to help others from making the mistake of buying shit then regretting it. Alot of people do that. Buy something, realise it's shit or got quirks that no mainstream tech sites mention, then regret buying it and have to go through the hassle of getting their money back. And I like it here. I have long train journeys for work so have the time to post here now an again. Everyone is free to pop in here an have an opinion. It's not wishful thinking on my side either. It simply is better all round than the Q90R. Many on this forum have said it.

So be a grown up and ignore or block the man...
Blocking someone should not be the case on a helpful forum. People can't be helpful, should not bother commenting in the first place. Hes not helpful and always seeks to have a go at samsung. Some should be more helpful and grow up, not blocking.

Blocking someone should not be the case on a helpful forum. People can't be helpful, should not bother commenting in the first place. Hes not helpful and always seeks t9 wants to have a go at samsung. Some should be more helpful and grow up, not blocking.
Maybe he thinks he is being helpful. Ive only ever seen one of his comments, the one you quoted while calling him a troll. I read his comment and I agreed with it. You calling him a troll isn't helping anyone anyway. If you don't like peoples opinions just ignore them and move on. Calling them a troll isn't exactly grown up either is it. And now you are derailing the forum with all this pointless nonsense. Just ignore and keep the forum on track/on point.

Maybe he thinks he is being helpful. Ive only ever seen one of his comments, the one you quoted while calling him a troll. I read his comment and I agreed with it. You calling him a troll isn't helping anyone anyway. If you don't like peoples opinions just ignore them and move on. Calling them a troll isn't exactly grown up either is it. And now you are derailing the forum with all this pointless nonsense. Just ignore and keep the forum on track/on point.
Sorry but this isn't about now or day, this has been going on for ages. Other members can see it. He certainly is and i stick by that. I've only just been communicating with you in the last few weeks, maybe you haven't seen or followed him what's his tensios are. Same old run down comments "samsung has gone backwards" , reminding us lcds gets hammered in shootouts isn't helpful.

Last edited:
If there was any year to bash Samsung it's this year.

1. No competitive flagship 4k TV
2. Lowered dimming zones on all sets compared to 2019
3. Effectively pushing 8k on consumers
4. Using the same model branding as last year whilst downgrading pretty much each model
5. Creating all new models where the only difference is the OCB

Of course we are pending reviews but on paper this is a joke

Shamsung/Shamesung etc is trolling.

Sorry but this isn't about now or day, this has been going on for ages. Other members can see it. He certainly is and i stick by that. I've only just been communicating with you in the last few weeks, maybe you haven't seen or followed him what's his tensios are. Same old run down comments "samsung has gone backs" , reminding us lcds gets hammered in shootouts isn't helpful.
He doesn't bother me. Only reason he bothers you is because you let him. You claim he's a troll. You know what they say about the trolls. Don't feed them. Ignore them they get bored and go away. He's not breaking any forum rules as far as I can see. He's just dropping his opinions and he's entitled to that. Don't like his opinions then ignore him. If someone says something you don't like in real life you don't highlight that person's a troll to everyone in the room do you. You just ignore them. All this what you got people doing now it's nonsencial, totally pointless. It cloggs up the forum full of pointless shit. And this is the last post I'll be doing on it.

He doesn't bother me. Only reason he bothers you is because you let him. You claim he's a troll. You know what they say about the trolls. Don't feed them. Ignore them they get bored and go away. He's not breaking any forum rules as far as I can see. He's just dropping his opinions and he's entitled to that. Don't like his opinions then ignore him. If someone says something you don't like in real life you don't highlight that person's a troll to everyone in the room do you. You just ignore them. All this what you got people doing now it's nonsencial, totally pointless. It cloggs up the forum full of pointless sh*t. And this is the last post I'll be doing on it.
Thanks for the advice. Thankfully he's not a work colleague. Btw i find him outrageous and funny at his digs. In real life the situation will be different. Hope you have a great evening

John Lewis, Richer Sounds, Samsung and Curry’s all out of stock of the Samsung Q950R 8K TV in sizes 65-75 inches.

John Lewis, Richer Sounds, Samsung and Curry’s all out of stock of the Samsung Q950R 8K TV in sizes 65-75 inches.
I know Curry's don't stock many to begin with as it's such a niche flagship product. Not sure about Richer Sounds or John Lewis. Would imagine they were the same. They tend to have higher stock of mid range range TVs as they know they sell the most.

Any idea when the 2020 models will be in the shops?
Probably no point in me buying a 2019 model at this point.

hi mate

I would expect the new ones around Easter

I would actually argue it’s the best time to buy a 2019 model, prices are low as stores try to empty their inventory. As an example a 75q90r can be had for around 3k, when the 2020 equiviliant is released you are probably looking at paying closer to 5k

Was thinking to maybe wait 2020 line,good i took q90r.
Pushing top specs to 8K line is.......

I think John Archer said the 65 q800t is 3500usd which matches the launch price of of the 65q90r.

point being, reserving the best features for 8k isn’t necessary a bad thing if the prices are competitive with other 4k models

point being, reserving the best features for 8k isn’t necessary a bad thing if the prices are competitive with other 4k models
The question is: does 4k material look as good or worse on a 8k tv? What about when in game mode? There's hardly any 8k content out there and native gaming is completely out of the question.

The question is: does 4k material look as good or worse on a 8k tv? What about when in game mode? There's hardly any 8k content out there and native gaming is completely out of the question.
8k gaming is in a galaxy far far away 😁
I have RTX2080 Strix and lot of games i need to put 1440p for 60fps or i need to cut down visuals....

The hate Samsung are getting under this new video. It seems like people have started to call Samsung, Scamsung and Shamsung. Not looking good for them at all this year. And those overblown colours and ghosting on fast moving scenes like the black guy with the ropes.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom