Quantcast

NEWS: Samsung launches Galaxy S20 smartphone range plus Z Flip foldable

Valen

It seems to be all about the camera and refresh rate. The screen sensitivity / reaction time seems much better though. Still not worth changing my S10. I do like the flip, but I need a case and the phone on display for sat nav etc etc so it won't suit my needs. We really have hit a wall with phone tech it seems.

wiz

Distinguished Member
Got to be the Ultra hasn't it... I want!

kBm

Distinguished Member
Love the size of the Ultra - wow - the screen looks amazing. That price tag though! :eek:

Having 8K video is silly. Pure willy waving. I read that recording at 8K for 1 min is around 6GB! Yes, you can pull a high resolution screen grab from that for decent photo, but how long until you feel the pinch with storage, even with a 256/ 512GB micro sd. At least the battery is a decent size.

I could trade in the S10+ and get the S20+ for £600. Honestly, i wished i never looked as that is tempting! :D

xxGBHxx

It seems to be all about the camera and refresh rate. The screen sensitivity / reaction time seems much better though. Still not worth changing my S10. I do like the flip, but I need a case and the phone on display for sat nav etc etc so it won't suit my needs. We really have hit a wall with phone tech it seems.
I'm struggling to think where else it would go too.

I guess there really is only so much you can do with a phone. I just lament the loss of the headphone jack. I'm clearly just too old to appreciate the joys of losing pairs of wireless ear buds all the time...

I might have been tempted by the flip but without 5g no chance.

G

pjr918bmw

I must be missing something (again...)
What is the point of these resolutions on such small screens?? I get recording in 4/8k and the opportunity to replay on a big screen but don't get the native screen spec'?
what do you think they will cost to repair when you drop it!!?? :eek::eek:

Rob F1UK

I presume you can't select upgrade program AND trade in ?
If you already on the program then no as your old phone is required to clear your balance and has no equity available to you. Basically you would send it back and start a new agreement.

Otherwise yes, as I did that with my S10+ last year - traded in my old S8+ and joined the upgrade program.

Evinger

Interesting how Flip Phones are making a small comeback. First Motorola, now Samsung. Not sure if any other manufacturer offer one?

I must say, we did love our Motorola flips back in the Day :)

pinkyfloyd

If you already on the program then no as your old phone is required to clear your balance and has no equity available to you. Basically you would send it back and start a new agreement.

Otherwise yes, as I did that with my S10+ last year - traded in my old S8+ and joined the upgrade program.
That's exactly what I done with the same phones. Just ordered the ultra via the upgrade programme but getting told two different things from Samsung regarding the free galaxy buds +.. Going to ring them now as I would want to sell on last years free buds.

McCol

Impression I got from a chat online is that the buds will be available for upgrade customers, I got them last year on the programme. Reading through the terms of the offer there is nothing that says upgrade customers are exempt.

I've ordered the Ultra on the upgrade.

pinkyfloyd

Impression I got from a chat online is that the buds will be available for upgrade customers, I got them last year on the programme. Reading through the terms of the offer there is nothing that says upgrade customers are exempt.

I've ordered the Ultra on the upgrade.
Just got off the phone to Samsung sales team and they have confirmed we do get the buds even if you were already on the programme. They sent me an email confirmation as well.😀

Im trying to order via the upgrade program, although im getting an error checking out with Klarna. It keeps prompting me with a message to say it cant find my address, ive checked all the details and theyre correct.

Last edited:

Valen

I'm struggling to think where else it would go too.

I guess there really is only so much you can do with a phone. I just lament the loss of the headphone jack. I'm clearly just too old to appreciate the joys of losing pairs of wireless ear buds all the time...

I might have been tempted by the flip but without 5g no chance.

G
Funny you mention 5G, but as someone who works in the industry 5G won't be be anything workable unless you live in a major city that may have it, and only in select areas. Even then, its unreliable. Wait at least another 2 years, maybe 4.

But yes, where can the tech go? I wish they would do the designs like the early concept work before the S6 came out where the screen is right to the very edge and squared off sharp.

Valen

Im trying to order via the upgrade program, although im getting an error checking out with Klarna. It keeps prompting me with a message to say it cant find my address, ive checked all the details and theyre correct.
When I log in it tells me I have two months to go until I can upgrade, even though I got my S10 7 days before launch! (And the S9 the year before)

wiz

Distinguished Member
Does this mean they'll be no new note?