NEWS: Samsung launches Galaxy Buds Pro

I guess at their price point it would be ok to expect a fairly good hi spec bluetooth flavour

Seem out of luck, Samsung page reports: "Scalable (Samsung proprietary)", AAC and SBC only under Connectivity. Maybe the page is subject to a future update

Hi! I'm sorry, I really have no idea where to ask this, thank you for your help. If this isn't the right place, please redirect me to it.

So,
Dumb one. I know I can connect my Galaxy Buds+ to my TV's bluetooth (without any dongle) to watch anything or play Nintendo Switch. Will it work when playing PS5?

Will it have the same proprieties as pluging the Pulse3D to the ps5 with the usb adapter it comes with (3D audio, Input lag)?

Thank you so much!

I read a few reviews and ordered a pair. I live in Thailand and the pound/baht conversion means they were 170gbp delivered from Samsung but they also bundle in a free Gear Fit2 so I will just sell them to a 'sporty' mate (happy with my Samsung watch) and it should mean they cost around 100gbp less than buying at retail in the UK. I love my original gen 1 buds so hoping these will be a big improvement.

A lot of reviews are saying the ANC is one of the worst and beaten by budget ear buds at half the price. The voice detection is a bit of a gimmick at the minute apparently due to it only lasting 15 seconds maximum until your music plays again, so if someone is speaking to you for longer than 15 seconds it will suddenly drown them out.

The wireless charging case and the simplicity of using with a galaxy phone and tab is the real appeal for me, but I am struggling to justify such a high cost when the only features it carries over a pair that are half the price are apparently petty poorly executed.

Another gripe I have is the cost in the US is $199 (£146 in todays exchange rates), but then they are being sold at £219 in the UK. I know this is duty and brexit etc, etc, but it still bugs me that its such a big difference.

General consensus seems to be that the ANC isnt great, sound is "OK" but beaten buy cheaper buds, price is high, but they are well designed, pair well with samsung devices and have IPX7 rating.

Would love to see a side-by-side, real world comparison of these vs Cambridge Audio Melomania Touch.

Im interested to see if these are better sounding than the buds plus. Those are really cheap at the moment (about £60 here). Im intrigued by the 360 audio but not sure whether my note 20 ultra will get the update to support that. ANC not a big sell for me to be honest, pretty quiet where i walk and work.

Im interested to see if these are better sounding than the buds plus. Those are really cheap at the moment (about £60 here). Im intrigued by the 360 audio but not sure whether my note 20 ultra will get the update to support that. ANC not a big sell for me to be honest, pretty quiet where i walk and work.
I did see a review where a guy compared his buds plus against the pro, and he actually had to go out and buy a brand new pair of buds plus as he thought his were broken when comparing the 2. Turns out they weren't broken, they just sounded really bad. So from that, I gather the pros have improved in terms of sound quality.

Despite the sub-60gbp price on the plus, I already have the buds so it would feel like an incremental step up. Shame I cant try the buds live first and see if the sound quality is enough of an upgrade as they are now less than 100gbp. I like the idea of not having tips in my ears but dont have any problems with them. Still, for 40 quid more I would be getting the latest set.

A lot of reviews are saying the ANC is one of the worst and beaten by budget ear buds at half the price. The voice detection is a bit of a gimmick at the minute apparently due to it only lasting 15 seconds maximum until your music plays again, so if someone is speaking to you for longer than 15 seconds it will suddenly drown them out.
General consensus seems to be that the ANC isnt great, sound is "OK" but beaten buy cheaper buds, price is high, but they are well designed, pair well with samsung devices and have IPX7 rating.

Interested to see these reviews as all those I have read are very positive about the sound quality and the ANC. Certainly not heard comments that they are beaten by much cheaper buds, only by the more expensive such as Bose, Sony and Jabra.
As for the voice function, I watched a 'hands on' where it can be set to 5, 10 or 15 seconds in the options, and that is the time after it stops detecting speech before the volume is restored.

Last edited:
Interested to see these reviews as all those I have read are very positive about the sound quality and the ANC. Certainly not heard comments that they are beaten by much cheaper buds, only by the more expensive such as Bose, Sony and Jabra.
As for the voice function, I watched a 'hands on' where it can be set to 5, 10 or 15 seconds in the options, and that is the time after it stops detecting speech before the volume is restored.
A very nice review here, talking about the ANC not being very good:

Comparison of Buds Plus and Buds Pro where he thought his Plus were broken:

Thanks, I enjoyed watching those. Buds live are dropping again (less than £85) and im looking for comfort and sound quality. Thinking the pros might be overkill for my needs...i don't even take calls through my buds. Anyone managed to try both?

Thanks, I enjoyed watching those. Buds live are dropping again (less than £85) and im looking for comfort and sound quality. Thinking the pros might be overkill for my needs...i don't even take calls through my buds. Anyone managed to try both?
I have no experience of any of the Samsung buds, bud I was considering the Pro's. I have gone with the CA Melomania Touch and I'm seriously impressed with the sound and they are extremely comfortable and IMO the best looking bud out there - they dont stick out too much and sit pretty flush in my ears. only £119 from richer sounds with a discount code I believe.

Reviews will tell you they are one of the best sounding buds and wont be beaten at that price but people have experienced connectivity issues - I must note I havent had a single problem with mine though.

As nice as the pros look, i just cancelled my order. £170 for some features i wont really use vs. £85 for the Buds Live. I am going to try a non-intrusive earbud for a change. Thanks for the links, actually helped make my mind up.

Get them free with S21 ultra so hoping they will be reasonable at least in quality, not expecting the top drawer but I won’t be looking a gift horse in the mouth!

I'm really impressed with the 'beans' and the ANC works just fine for what I need in terms of cancelling out the annoying low hums of machinery and air con. Take a bit of adjusting to but now the wife wants a pair so I'm toying again with getting the Pro's as there isn't a great deal between the two price wise. Interested to hear what others think of the galaxy buds pro.

Never had any kind of noise cancelling headphones let alone wireless ones. My usual headphone quality is Koss Porta Pro/AKG Y50 level, so cheap but cheerful with good sound quality.

The Bud pros that came with me S21 sound BETTER than my normal headphones but obviously still no where near my floor stander speakers.

Comfort was good, very secure had them on for 2hrs+ whilst working and didn't really notice them. Noise cancelling was fine, couldn't hear the kettle boiling with them on.

Integration with the phone is good, especially like the way they automatically connect when you open the box.

Overall impressive tech, but I did get them 'free' so hard to comment on value.

50887011902_8f2ee62818_c_d.jpg

Got a pair free too with S21 Ultra and was going to sell them on as I have a pair of Anker Liberty Pro 2s which I mainly use when walking the dog and suchlike. I haven't opened them yet but sorely tempted to try them.

Got my pair last week and they blow previous buds out of the water. I was pleasantly surprised by the buds live (beans) so I thought they may be winners but they hurt my ears after an hour (although not in the place most people seem to feel discomfort).
These have a wide sound, great mid/treble separation and very good bass. I actually enjoy listening to music on them and a/b'd against my Sony WH800 and a Sony Hi-res walkman. While the over ear still have the bigger sound, I found these to be very close.
Already an update out and another imminent which improves the ANC. 360 audio to come with One UI 3.1. Im very, very happy with these. Forget they are in sometimes.

I have been using the promotional set I got with the S21 Ultra - these are significantly better sounding to me that the Buds+ or Buds Live I tried before. Far less hollow sounding in the midrange and fuller bass without being overpowering. Really like these :)

I did see a review where a guy compared his buds plus against the pro, and he actually had to go out and buy a brand new pair of buds plus as he thought his were broken when comparing the 2. Turns out they weren't broken, they just sounded really bad. So from that, I gather the pros have improved in terms of sound quality.
Nothing wrong with my cheap Buds+. Sound fine for their price point. Never going to be used in preference to my high-end IEM's but fine when out cycling or exercising.

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom