NEWS: Samsung introduces 110-inch Micro LED TV for the home

I will take two of these please 🤪

No Dolby Vision? Pass!

In all seriousness, I guess technological evolution has to start somewhere and the cost of the first gen will reflect that. Will watch this technology closely and I look forward to reading reviews of the first commercial units and hopefully see the price come down for future models (assuming it takes off). Wishing Samsung good luck.

Soooo many negative posts. Guys!! Of course it is crazy money but like everything new, it is expected
I am very happy and pleasantly surprised it is out now...and not even as a prototype.
price is irrelevant. It just means this can be affordable within 5 years...
We will have to do with Oled...qantum Oled and mini Led in the interim...life is tough :)

That sounds like a decent starting price point for new tech. Certainly better than OLED. Could be viable in even a few years.

The progress feels painfully slow.. where is the 75 inch one (CES) and is it dropping to consumer prices in the late 20s..

Might go halves with the neighbours.

When large OLED TV's came out they were astonishingly expensive. 5-6 years from now we can expect to see this tech at normal 55 and 65 inch sizes and more sensible prices. More than happy if my current OLED holds out that long.

110" is huge and so is the price tag. I'm so tempted. Will it fit my wall? Oh man, don't know what to do! Could this be classed as house improvement so that I can add this to my mortgage?

I remember, that 3 years ago 77 Sony A1 cost 20 grand, now 77 inch AG9 is under 4.
So 70, for 110 inch monster TV at launch is very good price. 98 inch Sony ZG9 or Samsung Q950R is still over 50 grand.
After some Years, microLED will be affordable to many.

What is that, about, in U.S. currency?

Not that I can remotely afford it, just curious...

I recall seeing this early Plasma TV, branded as Philips, in a local Norwich store. I think it was probably no more than a 40" screen, which was big for the time and very low definition. I believe the price was around £12,000.

1997 (20 + years ago)
Philips/Fujitsu Flat Plasma TV: $22,924
PPSI: $30.45

1997 was the year the first flat-panel TVs really hit the consumer market (Fujitsu having started plasma production in late 1996). This TV was flat. It was the future. It was expensive. It… looked terrible. This was an ugly, ugly TV.

Last edited:
What is that, about, in U.S. currency?

Not that I can remotely afford it, just curious...

USD $91,604.04. (reckon I'm only $90,604.04 short).

Surprised they didn't make this 8k at this size and price. But maybe they can't pack the pixels in tight enough; which begs the question, how small can they make a 4k TV with this current technology?

Yes, they can't make 8K at that size and 4K is still perfect

I recall seeing this early Plasma TV, branded as Philips, in a local Norwich store. I think it was probably no more than a 40" screen, which was big for the time and very low definition. I believe the price was around £12,000.

1997 (20 + years ago)
Philips/Fujitsu Flat Plasma TV: $22,924
PPSI: $30.45

1997 was the year the first flat-panel TVs really hit the consumer market (Fujitsu having started plasma production in late 1996). This TV was flat. It was the future. It was expensive. It… looked terrible. This was an ugly, ugly TV.

Yes early plasmas were extremely expensive, and laughably poor quality picture wise. Such is first gen tech. Be thankful for early adopters who go through the pain which allows the development,

Considering The Wall is £432,000 plus installation £70,000 for this is a massive price drop in a single generation. Give it a few years and prices will be in reach of a few more of us.

If I were a football player on £100k+ I would have one of these in a heartbeat! Imagine PS5 FIFA or PES! Like the idea of 4 player gaming each with their own 55” screen. I remember playing 4 player N64 on my 14” crt. :laugh:

USD $91,604.04. (reckon I'm only $90,604.04 short).
1607722359741.png

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom