NEWS: Samsung introduces 110-inch Micro LED TV for the home

Pecker

Distinguished Member
4 4K TV's make 8K, not 16K

You are, of course, correct.

Amended.

The question remains.

Just as a supplementary. If a company can make a 55" screen to be sold at c.£1k, what is the difference between that and a 110" screen for £4k? I know there's the glass, but you can get an 86" LCD for just over £1,500. I doubt the processing costs that much more.

And I know LG didn't make a sub-55" OLED for a long time because they had trouble squeezing all the pixels in; something that clearly wouldn't be a problem here.

I'll go out on a limb and say that a 110" 8k OLED would absolutely blow out of the water any projector costing under...hell, scrub that, just any projector.

At £4,000 it'd be an absolute steal.

MEGATAMA

This is it,begining of transition to micro led.
Bye oled,was not nice to know you.

Goldorak

Distinguished Member
Somehow I think there's rather more years of OLED in various guise to come.
The investment is there so it needs to pay off...qantum Oled and other variation of the theme will make sure of that...
Oled has great application for cars and phone. Mini led more for iPad and laptop plus TVs...
Micro led could be the wholly graal Oled could not be due to some limitations..but something tells me mini led may surprise many if they get it small enough...
Exciting times ahead for sure...
Can’t wait...

encaser

The investment is there so it needs to pay off...qantum Oled and other variation of the theme will make sure of that...
Oled has great application for cars and phone. Mini led more for iPad and laptop plus TVs...
Micro led could be the wholly graal Oled could not be due to some limitations..but something tells me mini led may surprise many if they get it small enough...
Exciting times ahead for sure...
Can’t wait...
Something of a mish-mash ATM.
I'm beyond excitement for it all now; as since plasma and OLED, images aren't going to be revolutionary in what you get to see anyway. Better motion and finer colours with supposed greater longevity - though no doubt manufacturers will have something that snuffs it to ensure more sales....

John

Liked the look of it it the YouTube vid, but he did seem to be sitting miles from it which made me think if that was defeating the object of having a huge TV

Goldorak

Distinguished Member
Something of a mish-mash ATM.
I'm beyond excitement for it all now; as since plasma and OLED, images aren't going to be revolutionary in what you get to see anyway. Better motion and finer colours with supposed greater longevity - though no doubt manufacturers will have something that snuffs it to ensure more sales....
I was thinking the same but after seeing a pro monitor...and what just 2000 nits could do...
they can improve in brightness and especially color saturation at very high volume...better shadow details and handling of grey...no more worries of burn in and very realistic picture up to 4000-10000 nits...(just peak brightness, I don’t want to be blind :)
Better motion at super high frame and let’s dream...back to 3D :)
So I am a bit hopeful and excited...I love my Oled but there is room for improvement...

The latest video from AVForums

Podcast: Trinnov Room Optimiser: A full explanation of Trinnov and its room optimiser technology
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom