NEWS: Samsung Galaxy Note 10 available August 23rd

Loving the size of the Note 10+. Looks an absolute beast! The new style cut out and a HDR10+ screen, very promising. At 6.8 inch its like the Note going back to its roots as a standout phatblet. :thumbsup:

No headphone jack was inevitable. (and well known)

What is odd is the lack of the microSD for the smaller Note 10. Samsung claim it was to keep the Note 10 lightweight but i think you loose more than you gain. While 256GB internal memory looks good on paper, it won't belong before it fills up with apps, 4k video etc. I just hope this is not a new trend for Samsung.

I have been a loyal Samsung user, but this might be the end of the road. Two variants of the Note series, I personally think it's a kick in the teeth. More ways to cash in, the 3,500mAh battery is a complete joke for the note 10 at that price. The consumer is being fleeced, a bit like Apple now.

More ways to cash in, the 3,500mAh battery is a complete joke for the note 10 at that price. The consumer is being fleeced, a bit like Apple now.
Battery capacity is important but it is set against Android and software power management

Using the display for notifications would though presumably deplete more battery then a notification light

Still liking my Note 9, but the price is pretty good with trade on the non 5G model.

Lack of SD slot is poor imo.

so, no hole for the headphones but we got hole in the screen instead. Note 9 was obviously end of the line of notes as tools. Now it's line for fashion influencers.

The contempt of samsung has no limits. They do not even bother to put a page for the specifications in their website any more. I was waiting for 5G to get into the upgrade bandwagon but I do not think that the note 10 will be in the shortlist of possible upgrades.

I think that Huawei will be my next 5G phone even if they spy on me and send all the information to China.

Why the :facepalm:? It was a free upgrade and if you go off the retail price of the phone it will be costing me £240 over the 2 years.
I thought you were going to pay over 1k for a phone. But if they are offering it as a free upgrade then its a steal.

Why the :facepalm:? It was a free upgrade and if you go off the retail price of the phone it will be costing me £240 over the 2 years.
Also how have you managed to get the phone on a free upgrade

Also how have you managed to get the phone on a free upgrade

Out of contract with EE rang them yesterday and got the phone free, I took out a smart plan so I can also do an anytime upgrade FOC.

The contempt of samsung has no limits. They do not even bother to put a page for the specifications in their website any more. I was waiting for 5G to get into the upgrade bandwagon but I do not think that the note 10 will be in the shortlist of possible upgrades.

I think that Huawei will be my next 5G phone even if they spy on me and send all the information to China.
There will be 4G and 5G variants of the Note 10 and Note 10 Plus

*It is posted in the news article as well as on the Samsung UK product page

There will be 4G and 5G variants of the Note 10 and Note 10 Plus

*It is posted in the news article as well as on the Samsung UK product page
Yes, that that is it said in the article however the website has note 10, note 10+ and note10+ 5G. It does not look like there is going to be a note 10 5G.

My complain it is that they do not have a page or section for the specifications. They have a fancy webpage but no clear information about all specifications in a single place.

I thought you were going to pay over 1k for a phone. But if they are offering it as a free upgrade then its a steal.
What does it matter if someone does pay £1k for a phone? If an individual sees worth in something and gets plenty of use from it, who is anyone else to say they’re wrong?

Tempted by the Note but think I’ll wait for the Pixel 4/Mate 30 Pro. Shame no free gift incentives this time.

Yes, that that is it said in the article however the website has note 10, note 10+ and note10+ 5G. It does not look like there is going to be a note 10 5G.

My complain it is that they do not have a page or section for the specifications. They have a fancy webpage but no clear information about all specifications in a single place.
Found this, which will not please you!

A 5G version of the smaller Samsung Galaxy Note 10 exists, but isn’t coming to the US

How often do you upgrade though because 5G is not going to be mature until into the next decade when all the infrastructure is set up and who knows what the UK government is doing about the huawei decision.

I think you're all being a bit unfair on Samsung here as when they're making handsets as small as this there's just not the space to fit niceties like a headphone port, notification light, sd card etc. I mean it's not like these are some of the largest consumer phones ever made is it?

I was planning an upgrade to the Note 10+ from my Note 8 but feeling I probably won't now, it's frustrating to be losing handy features with no benefit, I think the bezel at the top of the Note 8 works great so I've no idea the drive for this daft cut out design and all the compromises it brings. I do actually use BT headphones and like them but I still find the headphone port handy when I'm using different headphones or connecting to some speakers. Keeping these features would seem to be a great way to differentiate the phones from other brands but for some strange reason everyone wants to try and make exactly the same handset now.

I think you're all being a bit unfair on Samsung here as when they're making handsets as small as this there's just not the space to fit niceties like a headphone port, notification light, sd card etc. I mean it's not like these are some of the largest consumer phones ever made is it?
well, I did use P1000 as a phone. Sometimes. But still..... :D

Ordered mine last weekend and hoping for delivery on Thursday. I went for the 10+ 5G and can't wait.

I'm another one going from a Note 8, which has been great. I think the screen-off notes are my favourite feature and use them all the time in meetings. Being able to convey direct to .docx or .pdf will save loads of time and the PC-window Dex feature will help too, as long as my company's IT dept will let me add the app.

We do a lot of 3D printing and the new feature will be great for modelling.

Have to say I'm slightly disappointed but not too broken-hearted over the loss of the 3.5mm socket. USB-C headphones are included, which I will use for conference calls but you don't have to break the bank to get a decent pair of Bluetooth earbuds now.

All in all I can wait, but now got to do the usual dance to find a protective shield that won't double the phone's size. I bought the basic Samsung one for the N8 but they're not levelling anything similar this time. Any suggestions?

My Note 10+ 5G was delivered today - had a few hours with it and think it is a big improvement over my Note 8 which I have come from.

Pretty happy with my upgrade / new phone so far.

Exactly the same for me. Few issues with some old apps that haven't been maintained well, even though the Note 8 was on Pie too, but it's a thing of beauty.

tempted just for the dex feature which i would find handy, plus i can still get £200 for my note 8 with the trade-in program. The big question is though, is it worth getting the 5g variant?

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom