NEWS: Samsung announces new QLED TVs to support HDR10+ Adaptive

I would say I’m an average consumer. I wouldn’t buy a Samsung TV. The reason is because they don’t support Dolby Vision. Whether that’s a sensible mindset or not that’s how it is. If they turned around and said they supported it, they would go back on my list of choices. This is mainly down to Apple TV shows and Movies, Disney+ and Netflix are my main sources of viewing. All of which support Dolby Vision.
Hey, to each their own. But I can tell you that Netflix and Disney+ content look friggin' great on my 90T.

I don't agree that NetFlix Dolby Vision content looks too dark. I always use Dolby Vision Dark Mode. But I have a calibrated OLED and watch HDR content in near black-out conditions. I can see how HDR shows can look too dark if there's too much daylight or ambient light, but Dolby Vision Bright Mode should help in those situations.

Regards,
James.
I don't agree that NetFlix Dolby Vision content looks too dark. I always use Dolby Vision Dark Mode. But I have a calibrated OLED and watch HDR content in near black-out conditions. I can see how HDR shows can look too dark if there's too much daylight or ambient light, but Dolby Vision Bright Mode should help in those situations.

Regards,
James.
I also use Dolby Vision Dark and I adjust the Gamma setting to 1.8 on my OLED TV for Dolby Vision Videos that are Dark, helps out

Last edited:
Meh, I've watched bog standard HDR and movies with DV+ on my non calibrated LGCX and I can't tell the difference and I suspect the vast majority can't see the difference either, hell before I got my TV I had a load of settings and tweaks from Vincent T and others to apply/check and when I switched it on and watched some movies I figured why bother the picture was bloody amazing right out of the box.

It's like buying a 300hp motor and one with 320hp nobody is telling the difference except professional race drivers

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom