NEWS: Samsung announces Micro LED and Neo QLED TVs for 2021

We do not trust the installer in the USA. He has no respect of people who know better. This is a comparison of the installer settings when reviewed and the rtings. This is my 65Q90A when using rting.com settings and what the Installer said he used.

This is my 65Q90A with HDR. This does not show how amazing this really is as it a video from my iPhone. I had the Q90R and loved it. The Q90A is better.

Attachments

• 1D28CE9C-07D5-4435-8B0B-4E0ACC5E25D7.jpeg
    1D28CE9C-07D5-4435-8B0B-4E0ACC5E25D7.jpeg
    176.3 KB · Views: 169
  • A6B0989D-47A6-4287-92E1-21F1F28FDD45.jpeg
    A6B0989D-47A6-4287-92E1-21F1F28FDD45.jpeg
    181.5 KB · Views: 189
Last edited:
Just got the 65QN95A delivered today at home :)
Will test this we and make a feedback here !
Are you in the UK? I ordered mine literally seconds after pre-orders opened and still no word, even after multiple calls from Samsung. Was supposed to be on the 29th before 10am, then they said it would be delayed until the next day....then the next day. Still not a peep.

2021 Samsung QN94A/QN94C Neo QLED TVs for the UK, differences from QN95A and QN90A

dont see the point of the variations to be fair.

Are you in the UK? I ordered mine literally seconds after pre-orders opened and still no word, even after multiple calls from Samsung. Was supposed to be on the 29th before 10am, then they said it would be delayed until the next day....then the next day. Still not a peep.
Nope, France mate :)

2021 Samsung QN93A / QN92A / QN91A Neo QLED TVs for Europe - specifications and prices

Hello
Just did some tests and kinda disappointed by one thing :

I can have 4K@120hz (but only 60hz on nvidia control panel, but effectively 120hz in games), 12 bits and 4:4:4, but.. NO G-SYNC support !
Canb't even select it from nvidia control panel

This TV is not even G-SYNC compatible, when Q95T was ??

Hello
Just did some tests and kinda disappointed by one thing :

I can have 4K@120hz (but only 60hz on nvidia control panel, but effectively 120hz in games), 12 bits and 4:4:4, but.. NO G-SYNC support !
Canb't even select it from nvidia control panel

This TV is not even G-SYNC compatible, when Q95T was ??
Yes thats strange one,even my q90r is gsync compatible.....

I don't see these tv's as anything special but i have one to test. I can see what Samsungs plan was and is though. In 2020 they cut dimming zones to a real low count then in 2021 introduced NEO Mini LED Super Duper QLED's with over 500 dimming zones, all to make it appear good. But in reality the 577 zones simply isn't enough. Mini LED can pack in thousands of LED's. Full Array Local Dimming TV's from 5 years ago had 512 dimming zones and they were not even mini LED sets. So if you can fit 512 standard dimming zones in TV's of 58" and 65" inches then you should be able to fit double the zone count or more in a mini LED. And i bet that's exactly what Samsung will do in 2022. NEO Mini Led QLED's with double the dimming zone count of this years models.

It is only in 55". Buy bigger display and you'll get more dimming zones
576 zones for 55" and 792 zones for the bigger sizes i see. Still isn't enough to minimize blooming. If you can fit 512 normal size LED zones in a 58" you should be able to fit over a 1000 zones on something 55" inch. Them mini LED's are tiny in comparison to standard LED's.

Do we know what zone count LG, Phillips, TCL, Hisense and Sony have on their mini LED sets yet?

So, the Q95A can't bitstream on my Q950T soundbar
I have no sound when I play a DTS:X file, wich can't be decoded by the TV, but should be bitstreamed and played on the soundbar

So, the Q95A can't bitstream on my Q950T soundbar
I have no sound when I play a DTS:X file, wich can't be decoded by the TV, but should be bitstreamed and played on the soundbar
I don't believe any of the last few years of Samsung TVs will pass through DTS. Something to do with even passing DTS through requires a license?

I don't believe any of the last few years of Samsung TVs will pass through DTS. Something to do with even passing DTS through requires a license?
Ah yes, exact, I can bitstream atmos, but no dts
Sad

Ah yes, exact, I can bitstream atmos, but no dts
Sad
There always seems to be a caveat with Samsung doesn't there. And most people don't find out until they've purchased the items. So annoying.

Other problem :

I can't pass 4k@120hz but only when I switch to 21/9 mode , and then nvidia control panel switches to 2k resolution.

I have a brand new hdmi 2.1 capable cable.
If i activate gsync, return back to 60hz even at 2k resolution

How can I achieve 4k120 with VRR ?
I have a 3070 trioX

So I guess gsync works until 4k60, but not 4k120 ?

Edit : It now WORKS !
4k120 gsync activated :)

Last edited:

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom