NEWS: Samsung announces Micro LED and Neo QLED TVs for 2021

these prices are toppy aint they, oh lordy

Are Samsung’s typically more expensive than say Sony/LG? I’ve been many years since I last bought a TV and I always felt Sony/ Panasonic were the more expensive. Has that changed?

Yes, Samsung is more expensive at launch, but if You wait year, then they have very big discounts and are cheaper than other brands

these prices are toppy aint they, oh lordy
Don't buy at release and wait for cashback.
It will be funny how Samsung will justify the high price tag. They obviously save money on the packaging. They look like crap but hey they are Eco friendly.😆

Attachments

• verpackung-qn900a-solar-fernbedienung.jpg
    verpackung-qn900a-solar-fernbedienung.jpg
    92.4 KB · Views: 157
Have you any idea of why the 900A is like £3k more than the 800A? At 85 inch this is. And is the 95 model a 4K version of the 900A? I can’t seem to tell what the key differences are here

900A compared to 800A will have that slim design and more powerfull backlight, also better audio.
95A will be close to 800A

Yes, 8k makes things worse, You can check videos on Youtube from HDTV test or others.

792 zones and 1600 nits of brightness, this is the Neo QLED QN95A with Samsung MiniLED

Compared to last years top 4k Q95T it is big jump

Computerbild quotes 792 dimming zones. Compared to the QE90R having 480zones, that is approximately 30% more horizontally and vertically.
Not a quantum jump.

Should have said 'quantum leap' 😁😁😁

Compared to last years top 4k Q95T it is big jump
Compared to the Q90r they haven't even doubled the dimming zones. The "old" X10 from TCL has 768 dimming zones.
The tech hasn't much improved when it comes to dimming zones. The old 55 Inch Toshiba Cell TV had 512 dimming zones. So even with Mini LED there are no big leaps.

Last edited:
Compared to the Q90r they haven't even doubled the dimming zones. The "old" X10 from TCL has 768 dimming zones.
The tech hasn't much improved when it comes to dimming zones. The old 55 Inch Toshiba Cell TV had 512 dimming zones. So eben with Mini LED there are no big leaps.
Yeah, but it's the way you control those zones that really matters. Having 10K+ zones with a stupid algorithm results in a worse picture than having 1K zones with a clever one.

2021 Samsung QN90A is Better Brighter! 4K QLED Flagship is Back

He made a video a few weeks ago that Mini LEDs are a disappointment and that the TV's won't get brighter.

F clickbaiter.
Also his newest video is based on the sugar coating paid advertisement review from Computerbild.

They haven't shown the display uniformity, how the picture quality is in game mode and how good the local dimming algorithm really works.

I wouldn't trust their review Jack Shit.

He made a video a few weeks ago that Mini LEDs are a disappointment and that the TV's won't get brighter.

F clickbaiter.
Also his newest video is based on the sugar coating paid advertisement review from Computerbild.

They haven't shown the display uniformity, how the picture quality is in game mode and how good the local dimming algorithm really works.

I wouldn't trust their review Jack sh*t.

Nice gloves though :D

forum apple GIF

I will wait for the QN900 and QN90 to be compared with Sony LCDs Z9J and 95J before deciding on which LCD I want to go with.

Dark horses are Hisense and Philips, they too offer high end miniLED, but at much lower price.

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom