NEWS: Samsung announces Micro LED and Neo QLED TVs for 2021

Wrong bud some media press have seen the upcoming Samsung consumer MicroLed tv's just before CES and it is definitely still multiple smaller panels fitted together 👍🏾

Only difference from the Wall MicroLed is this time they come pre-assembled. Instead of a certified Samsung technician coming round to fit the panels all together.
View attachment 1439101View attachment 1439096

SimonST

Distinguished Member
Did Samsung want their article pushed back to the top of the page? :D

Interested to see the reviews of these, especially when it comes to the number of dimming zones in their miniLED sets. Unlike LG, they don't have to worry about stepping on the toes of another range of premium TVs, but even a 65Q900T last year was £4999+ at launch, and that only had around 320 zones I think? Fair play if they keep the number of mLEDs similar in the 4K and 8K sets, but I expect they'll want you to pay the 8K premium if you want to get something closer to miniLED than FALD performance.

Last edited:
That article is just techradar guessing. The article I previously linked is press that actually saw the new Samsung consumer 110 inch MicroLed tv behind closed doors just before CES 2021. With them confirming that it is multiple panels joined together 👌🏾
Yes, 55 inch models stuck together.

PhilipL

Well if the experience of my existing Samsung TV is anything to go by with random white flashes and issues with pans just juddering randomly, all of which has been reported by many people and Samsung just can't fix, with these issues also effecting newer models unbelievably, I'm staying well clear. It's a shame because their panel technology is actually very good, but let down by poor hardware and firmware and non existent support. Once they've sold the TV they basically don't care, and if you get a firmware update it fixes nothing but just adds advertising on the menus!

DELUCAS

Distinguished Member
Well if the experience of my existing Samsung TV is anything to go by with random white flashes and issues with pans just juddering randomly, all of which has been reported by many people and Samsung just can't fix, with these issues also effecting newer models unbelievably, I'm staying well clear. It's a shame because their panel technology is actually very good, but let down by poor hardware and firmware and non existent support. Once they've sold the TV they basically don't care, and if you get a firmware update it fixes nothing but just adds advertising on the menus!

One amongst many i prefer and go for Monitor Screens only .

Wobag

Exactly what is the limiter that causes all manufacturers to put a disappointingly low zone count on smaller FALD TVs?

We have heard about upcoming MiniLED allowing more LEDs to be packed in to a backlight for greater resolution in local dimming, but I refuse to believe that its LED density that leads a bunch of 49" TVs to have zone counts as low as 3x4/4x5 etc.

I cant see how its software related as the tvs have the same chipsets as the larger sizes in the same model. And they dont scale linearly from what i can see, with 55" TVs usually having way more than a 10% hike in zone resolution

This is what has been pushing me to an OLED decision, until I saw CES this year which has my hopes up for the QN90 at 50", but possibly to be dashed when they might be skimping on the zone count again.

TheGamer147

Am I right that neo QLED is the next model to Q90T what is the price going to be for the neo QLED...of course microled will most expensive.

How much was the q90t on launch

MEGATAMA

Jessus such a boring voice and video.

I m sooo happy with q90r that mini led models can make me only happier.
Plan is to make transition to micro led in couple years but if i get urge to have something new earlier i m glad mini lad is here now.

UpgradingAgain

Excuse the silly question but is the above TV aimed at gamers specifically? I’m after 75 inch plus anyway but wonder if the Samsung is better than the competition for my choice of viewing movies and sport via broadcast and apps.

DELUCAS

Distinguished Member
Excuse the silly question but is the above TV aimed at gamers specifically? I’m after 75 inch plus anyway but wonder if the Samsung is better than the competition for my choice of viewing movies and sport via broadcast and apps.

Doubtfull it beat Oled especially for Movie watching
but its a step in the right direction .
will have to wait and see reviews .
Micro Led would take the lead though .

Noblegamer

well 50" neo is my choice with 120hz 4k. will await reviews.
Same. My Money ist currently on the 50 Inch QN90A because of the screen size.

My plan is to place a TV on my computer desk.
Maybe Philips will also release a 50 Inch flagship TV but currently the Samsung is my first choice.

Jay53

£1700 for the 50"? won't be paying that.

It will be potentially be more than that :

The QE50QN90A is 1999chf. That's the same price that the qe55q90t Launched at last year in Switzerland

If Samsung UK do they same then at launch the qe55q90t was £2k making the QE50QN90A £2k and the qe55qn90a around £2200.

Lvrhs

So, QN90A is little bit more expensive than Q90T. That means, around 1300-1500 Pounds for 65 inch in Black Friday. Later even lower.

Jay53

And prices are in CHF. 1 CHF is around 0.85 Pounds

If you do a conversion yes the price would come out to what you put.

But if you clicked on the link to the 2020 launch prices within that article you will see that the launch price of the Qe55q90t was £1999 in the UK and 1999chf in Switzerland i.e. the TV was more expensive in the UK.

As you say these are RRP but they won't be far off.

Looking at pricespy the qe55q90t stayed at £1999 until mid may when it started to drop reaching about £1500 by mid June.

Last edited:

UpgradingAgain

I’ve had a look at specs but would like to know why the 900A is £3000 more than the 800A which are each more costly than the 4K 95A. I realise the first two are 8K but who would buy the 8K with its current limitations and is the 95A the ‘ sweet spot’ of this range? ( at 85 inch)

The latest video from AVForums

Podcast: Q Acoustics Q3030i, Humax Aura, Roku Streambar & WandaVision Reviews and more...

Latest News

What's new on Disney+ UK for February 2021
  • By Andy Bassett
  • Published
Focal releases 1000 Series integrated speakers
  • By Andy Bassett
  • Published
Klipsch announces ProMedia 2.1 BT speaker set
  • By Andy Bassett
  • Published
No Time to Die gets pushed to 8th Oct 2021
  • By Andy Bassett