NEWS: Samsung announces Micro LED and Neo QLED TVs for 2021

topgazza

Distinguished Member
Side issue but third picture up from the bottom on the report.

What utter, dim witted cretin would block such a gorgeous view with a huge TV ? Must be a footballers house

Rob20

Apple do the same things others do at an inflated price. 2 identical phones except one has £10 worth of extra memory. Price goes up by £100.
This is something that has bugged me about Apple for sometime now. It's why I moved to Samsung phones (S7 EDGE instead of intended iphone 7).

Jay53

As it is 9 series, it should 100% be 120hz

I would hope so but so far all Samsung TVs below 55in have been 60hz.

It caught a few people out with the 49in and 50in q80t as the 55in models are 120hz but the 49in and 50in q80t are only 60hz :(

DELUCAS

Distinguished Member
Anyone come across a 65inch Display Panel only Samsung NEO LED / LG OLED etc in CES 2021
I have no interest in Tv’s

Thanks

ozzzy189

Distinguished Member
I really don't understand what Samsung are playing at. I'm pretty sure trying to come up with with your own version of dobly vision and not supporting said format is losing them sales.

what the tech

Very interested in the QN90A and QN85A 4K mini LED sets.. Hopefully the prices will be announced soon!

Samsung screen "Gray Uniformity" and stuttering/judder frame rate better be improved and fixed on the new 2021 models. The 2020 QLED range had a lot of dissatisfied owners.

Jay53

I really don't understand what Samsung are playing at. I'm pretty sure trying to come up with with your own version of dobly vision and not supporting said format is losing them sales.

Samsung were one of the founder members for HDR10 which came first so they have gradually extended that standard and not likely to abandon it for another standard that came later.

ozzzy189

Distinguished Member
Samsung were one of the founder members for HDR10 which came first so they have gradually extended that standard and not likely to abandon it for another standard that came later.
Oh, the hugely popular and massively used format I'd forgotten about! Please excuse my sarcasm but that horse has bolted and the war has ended.
:)

Jay53

Oh, the hugely popular and massively used format I'd forgotten about! Please excuse my sarcasm but that horse has bolted and the war has ended.
:)

Unfortunately HDR10 it what's every HDR source defaults to in the absence of DV or HDR10+

So I guess from Samsung's blinkered view it's still by far the format with the highest number of compatible titles and they will persevere with updating it until that is no longer than case lol

MicroLed has a very very long way to go.....

None of these 100inch or over MicroLed tv's from Samsung, Sony etc is one single panel. They are all small lower resolution panels joined together like a jigsaw puzzle to make up either HD, 4k or 8k resolution.

It's no OLED killer until they can actually manufacture a single 65inch & over MicroLed panel in 4k or 8k resolution to sell to the consumer 👌🏾
88-inches and 75 soon! And no they are actually not made up of little pieces anymore! 👌

KishB

@Phil Hinton there was no mention of the ultra short throw Samsung Premiere projector in this article. It was in the same release video and looks an interesting proposition. Whilst I don't expect it to be cheap, what are your thoughts on it? Do you reckon you'll be able to get your hands on one for review this year?

Phil Hinton

Editor
Staff member
@Phil Hinton there was no mention of the ultra short throw Samsung Premiere projector in this article. It was in the same release video and looks an interesting proposition. Whilst I don't expect it to be cheap, what are your thoughts on it? Do you reckon you'll be able to get your hands on one for review this year?
This one?

Lvrhs

I would hope so but so far all Samsung TVs below 55in have been 60hz.

It caught a few people out with the 49in and 50in q80t as the 55in models are 120hz but the 49in and 50in q80t are only 60hz :(
Q80A probably again will be 60hz at smallest size, but miniLED models should be 120hz, even at 50

Joe69

Samsung better not cheap out on under 55" QLED models with crap 60Hz panels and don't tell anyone. PS5/PC/XBSX all support HDMI 2.1 120hz 4k. Sony and LG are committed to this support on the 2021 models under 55". Samsung surely must now go 120hz and full HMI 2.1 support on smaller TV sizes.

Kingchin

So some press have now seen the upcoming Samsung 110 inch consumer MicroLed tv just before CES launches. It's definitely still made up of multiple panels just like their MicroLed wall. Only this time the panels have been pre-assembled for the consumer.
PicsArt_01-10-11.44.05.jpg

PicsArt_01-10-11.35.21.jpg

Kingchin

88-inches and 75 soon! And no they are actually not made up of little pieces anymore! 👌
Wrong bud some media press have seen the upcoming Samsung consumer MicroLed tv's just before CES and it is definitely still multiple smaller panels fitted together 👍🏾

Only difference from the Wall MicroLed is this time they come pre-assembled. Instead of a certified Samsung technician coming round to fit the panels all together.
PicsArt_01-10-11.54.46.jpg
PicsArt_01-10-11.35.21.jpg

Last edited:

dan~

I don’t understand why anybody would need a 110” TV in their home. Mega money and surely a sane person would just sit closer, buy a smaller TV and save many thousands :clap:

Jay53

Agreed lol

I used to have a projector with 80in diagonal fixed screen and used to sit about 8ft back (sat on 3seater sofa on the opposite wall which is 9ft) and that wasn't even 4k. 110in would mean being able to move it to our lounge, allowing more people to watch from an ideal distance :) not going to happen at these prices though lol

The latest video from AVForums

Podcast: Samsung TV Launch & QN95A Neo QLED Review, plus Film & TV news & Reviews
Subscribe to our YouTube channel

Latest News

Tidal streaming service acquired by Twitter/Square's Jack Dorsey
  • By Andy Bassett
  • Published
Netflix adds support for reduced theatrical release window
  • By Andy Bassett
  • Published
Paradigm launches Founder speaker series
  • By Andy Bassett
  • Published
AVForums Podcast: 3rd March 2021