NEWS: Samsung 2022 TVs and monitors to support HDR10+ gaming

Wow Samsung really are stubborn and rather silly by still not supporting Dolby Vision, I won't consider one of Tvs again because of this.

They first need to properly implement hdr10 on PC/Nvidia then we can talk about next step.

Agreed, it's a ridiculous situation. Nothing good ever comes of having more than one standard in tech, eventually one wins and one loses; think VHS/betamax or hd-dvd/Blu-ray

Wow Samsung really are stubborn and rather silly by still not supporting Dolby Vision, I won't consider one of Tvs again because of this.
I think many would disagree and regard HDR10+ just as good as DV. But hey let's not turn this into another boring thread about the arguments for and against both.

If I was a LG tv owner I'd be having a go at them for not implementing HDR10+ when it is free and force users into watching lower quality broadcasts..

Last edited:
I read a few days ago that that the whole plan may fall through. I cannot confirm the info, as the discussion about it is pretty limited. Let's hope they manage to figure it all out.

Not exhibiting at the CES doesn't necessarily mean the products won't be released...

Agreed, it's a ridiculous situation. Nothing good ever comes of having more than one standard in tech, eventually one wins and one loses; think VHS/betamax or hd-dvd/Blu-ray
like tape vs vinyl

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom