NEWS: Samsung 2022 TV lineup adds new Neo QLED and Micro LED ranges

BillRawles

Sees Micro LED and gets interested. Then sees the screen sizes that'll be on show and slowly backs away at the thought of how expensive they'll be. . . .

Fella55

Are the Micro LEDs still a case of - if you have to ask how much, you can't afford them? Would love the 89" version if it was reasonably priced against similar OLED sizes.

OC2000

it will be 3-4x the price here in the UK vs US if its anything like the QN900A.

peterve

OMG, who's buying these? Museums, large companies for meetings in their boardrooms, and banks I guess. Would there really be some enthusiasts around who would pay that kind of money? I guess it's a naive question, but you know, that's unbelievable amount of money for a display 😳

Jay53

It's certainly a being the Joneses rather than keeping up with the Joneses in terms of money outlay.

Being able to watch all four hdmi inputs simultaneously and at 4k/120 is impressive though. Anyone for four 1080p/120 feeds ultimate settings from 4 pcs :)

ozzzy189

Distinguished Member
But does it do dobly?
LOL

Lvrhs

OMG, who's buying these? Museums, large companies for meetings in their boardrooms, and banks I guess. Would there really be some enthusiasts around who would pay that kind of money? I guess it's a naive question, but you know, that's unbelievable amount of money for a display 😳
Probably, Arabs buys them and some other super rich guys.
First large OLED tv'a also were very expensive. 77 inch Sony A1 4 years ago was 20k. Now A80J is under 3 grand

wxman2003

I personally want to thank the rich for buying micro-led. You will make it affordable for the rest of us in about 5 years.

Andy Bassett

Standard Member
Staff member
This new story has been updated with information about Samsung's QD-OLED TV which was reported by CNET to have been awarded a CES Innovation Award despite not being officially announced.

MahaRaja

No one stocked Micro LED TVs for sale last year for consumers. Micro LED TVs are a joke that no consumers, unless they won the lottery, would/could buy.

So the mainstream sets are the Mini-Leds and the bog standard LCDs. Not sure why QD-OLEDs are not listed in their line up?

davidcrofter

Be interesting to see if they at least demo the new QD-OLED. I'd imagine they would need to do so to receive that award.

Unless they have pulled it at the last minute - just strange from Samsung that they seem to be underplaying what is new tech.

Lvrhs

No one stocked Micro LED TVs for sale last year for consumers. Micro LED TVs are a joke that no consumers, unless they won the lottery, would/could buy.

So the mainstream sets are the Mini-Leds and the bog standard LCDs. Not sure why QD-OLEDs are not listed in their line up?
MicroLED was available around Europe for consumers.

Badger Mushroom

Video on the QD OLED below

Lyrica

Novice Member
Video on the QD OLED below

It looks mightily impressive.
Brightness that is not at the expense of colour, increased perceived brigthness even when you set both TVs at the same brightness levels, wider colour gammut...

Droolworthy, good that I just bought a TV, If I didn't I might have been tempted to continue waiting a couple of years for the price to go down to upgrade my TV to one of these.

Last edited:

SonOfSJ

I would be very interested in the 89" Micro LED, which (and I've just checked) I could just about accommodate in my parlour,. What a shame that my bank account doesn't agree.

Jay53

I used to have an 80in diagonal 16:9 fixed frame projector screen so with the back velvet frame I reckon that wasn't far off 89in

Shame my bank balance also doesn't agree :)

The latest video from AVForums

Sony Bravia XR A80J OLED TV Review
Subscribe to our YouTube channel

Latest News

What's new on Netflix UK for February 2022
  • By Andy Bassett
  • Published
iFi Audio launches ZEN One Signature DAC
  • By Andy Bassett
  • Published
Rotel announces MKII versions of A12, CD14 and RCD-1572 devices
  • By Andy Bassett