NEWS: Rotel launches RC-1590MKII and RC-1572MKII preamplifiers

BaileyBob

Rotel make nice sounding products but unfortunately the reliability is a big factor, that's why I wouldn't buy them.

fordster

Rotel make nice sounding products but unfortunately the reliability is a big factor, that's why I wouldn't buy them.
I’ve had quite a few Rotel products (2 x stereo amps, 1 x AV amp, 1 x CD player and 1 x DVD player) and the only one that has ever given me problems was the DVD player. I sent that back to them and they fixed it under warranty and it was fine afterwards for a very long time.

What issues have you had?

Paul7777x

Distinguished Member

What reliability factor?

Rotel are quite legendary in the hifi world... I’ve not heard of any significant reliability issues at all.

BaileyBob

What reliability factor?

Rotel are quite legendary in the hifi world... I’ve not heard of any significant reliability issues at all.
I work in residential A/V and over the past 18 months I've had to send 4 units back for repair.
2x RSX1562, RMB1585 and 1576 processor.

I know other companies that have had to send a few back as well.

They are a very good product but in my experience poor reliability.

Cribbster

My RA-935 is still going strong without a hitch in nearly 30 years. Still sounds pretty sweet too. Maybe I got lucky? :)

Helix Hifi

There’s a review about the RC1572 MK2 online.

The amplifier gets extremely good reviews.

The latest video from AVForums

AVForums Movies Podcast: Streaming Theatrical Releases And The Future Of Cinema
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom