NEWS: Roku Premiere streaming device with 4K HDR hits UK

All these releases are great but we don't have the digital services to match.

There's a good lot of 4K stuff on Amazon and Netflix. Originals on ATV+ will be 4K so it depends on when the apple app is available, but for Disney+ there's no UK date yet. If the apple app supports Itunes movies then thats another great way to get 4K content.

will these support atmos?

Any chance of a comparative review by Steve of the latest top end streaming devices now available, due to consumers increasingly resorting to these as their primary means of sourcing content.

I think they need to do some work on the Amazon app, it’s really dated and last time I tried it didn’t do HDR.

Alexa integration is available in the US would be nice if we got it.

Love the pricing of these devices.

That's more down to Amazon to sort, so who knows if that'll ever get done it does do HDR if you find the right version of the show
Good to here, haven’t tried for a few months. Only brought it back because of the impending update. Generally I’ll use the firestick.

I am waiting for 8k Roku

I think they need to do some work on the Amazon app, it’s really dated and last time I tried it didn’t do HDR.

Alexa integration is available in the US would be nice if we got it.

Love the pricing of these devices.
What do you think the changes will be to the new stick+ ?, I’m certain the fire tv stick has better pq than the Roku but I’m tempted to pick one up to try.

What do you think the changes will be to the new stick+ ?, I’m certain the fire tv stick has better pq than the Roku but I’m tempted to pick one up to try.
Well at just 50 notes you can hardly go wrong. It is not exactly AppleTV money :)

I’m still waiting for this major 9.2 update but that won’t change PQ. You might be interested in the frame rate matching feature, which is an existing feature.

Well at just 50 notes you can hardly go wrong. It is not exactly AppleTV money :)

I’m still waiting for this major 9.2 update but that won’t change PQ. You might be interested in the frame rate matching feature, which is an existing feature.

Thanks, they are cheap that’s for sure. I don’t know whether to get the stick + or the box, I expect full specs are on the Roku site.

For the sake of a tenner I would not think about it. The WiFi is better for one thing and you’ll be using that.

Not everyone is going to love the form factor of the stick. It’s like an ungainly USB stick with a flimsy power chord hanging out of it.

For the sake of a tenner I would not think about it. The WiFi is better for one thing and you’ll be using that.

Not everyone is going to love the form factor of the stick. It’s like an ungainly USB stick with a flimsy power chord hanging out of it.

True, I got mixed up thinking the stick + was the middle cost device. So will there be much difference between this new stick and the one I have now ?, presumably this 9.2 update can be used for the current model ?.

I will probably just buy one anyway out of curiosity, would I have any issues using one upstairs and one down regards remote overlapping ?.

Yes there is no new streaming stick plus. We should be getting this 9.2 update over the next few weeks.

No you should be fine with the remotes in different rooms. I just use the Harmony for mine and it works fine.

Yes there is no new streaming stick plus. We should be getting this 9.2 update over the next few weeks.

No you should be fine with the remotes in different rooms. I just use the Harmony for mine and it works fine.

Ahh ok, so no point in me changing really if it’s Just a small price drop that’s the difference.
I use harmony downstairs.

Both Firestick (£12 adapter)
And chrome cast ( adapter Inc with power plug) let u plug in ethernet
I want YouTube 4k HDR
And Google play HDR and 5.1
Does Roku streaming stick do this please?

Thnx pal, other alternative would be Chromecast ultra
I have apple 4,KTV and 4k Firestick but they don't do what I need

I can't tell if the content I have is HDR. I'd have thought John Wick 3 would be but it's not triggering HDR.
Google app does appear to support 4K and 5.1 (through DD+).
YouTube app would only play JW3 in stereo, but I believe that's a YouTube limitation of only supporting stereo audio.

Edit: I'm not sure that JW3 is actually 4K HDR on Google :/

According to this
Only a limited number of devices seem to be able support HDR playback from Google Movies.
  • 4K Android TV models including Sony Bravia, Nvidia Shield and others
  • 2017 or later Samsung 4K smart TVs
  • 2016 or later LG smart TVs
  • Chromecast Ultra when connected to a 4K TV
When I get my CC Ultra I'll be able to check properly.

That's a good link
My LG c6 is 2016 but I don't get HDR,I do get 4k but not the best

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom