NEWS: Reported Problems With iPhone XS and XS Max

Evinger

The Charging problem is across a lot of devices, but happens to one, not another. Really seems to be tied to IOS 12. Example: my iPod Touch, sixth Gen, will start charging when the Screen is closed on our JBL Speaker Dock, but not in the Belkin dock attached to the Computer. Absolutely never a problem until right after the upgrade. But I didn't notice for a few Days as it still had a decent charge, until I had used it a lot one Day, put it in the Belkin to charge overnight & went off, & the next Day, it was nearly dead.

Doc

iOS 12.0.1 is out, and fixes that charging issue.

[And for those Android users out there, this is a concept known as 'updates', whereby your operating system is frequently and promptly 'updated' to fix bugs..]

Evinger

[And for those Android users out there, this is a concept known as 'updates', whereby your operating system is frequently and promptly 'updated' to fix bugs..]
This update, as expected, fixed this minor but rather annoying bug.

But, why did you have to drag Android into this thread? For instance, nearly everything I use is Apple, but all my Macs have Windows on them via Bootcamp, & I have used Android phones for many years out of choice. For me, I use the kit that fits my needs as both Apple, Windows & Android have their place, & strengths & weaknesses, so I personally don't need to go "See, see!" every time there is some update or fix on any of these OS's, like it's some school playground competition.
Just saying! :)

Sonic67

Banned

Charging a phone is a basic thing. On numerous occasions I've plugged my phone in as I had to have a fully charged phone the next day. If it wasn't it would have been a disaster.

From a £100 supermarket special maybe I'd let it go but not one ten times the price.

Idle Bull

To be fair to Apple, it wasn't a fix, just an over cautious security preset from what I read, the software fix is more for the people who weren't ok with delving into the settings to switch the feature off.

The weak connection issues are more a concern for peolpe. If there is a problem with the antenna it won't be easy to fix.

The camera issue isn't really an issue, it's just how it works, and maybe some tweaks to a few algorithms could easily sort it.