NEWS: Rakuten TV launches free AVOD service in Europe

Got an email from Rakuten this morning saying free content available from today. Confirmed there are some free to view movies on offer although selection not that great tbh.

Also, was only able to see free stuff on iPhone app or website - no sign of it in the Rakuten app on my Roku SS+ so far.

How do you find out how much the cost is for (non-free) movies? Typically it says "watch from £x", but I assume that is for HD version. For example, how much is it to buy "Spiderman far from home" in 4K? I can't obtain an exact price without actually entering my credit card details.

I can see the free movies on my old Samsung TVs builtin app, about 51 films I think.

How do you find out how much the cost is for (non-free) movies? Typically it says "watch from £x", but I assume that is for HD version. For example, how much is it to buy "Spiderman far from home" in 4K? I can't obtain an exact price without actually entering my credit card details.

Have you created an account and registered payment details? If not you may need to do this to see rental/purchase options. You can register payment card or PayPal account.

Spiderman Far From Home 4k is £13.99 (SD £9.99/HD 11.99)

Have you created an account and registered payment details? If not you may need to do this to see rental/purchase options. You can register payment card or PayPal account.

Spiderman Far From Home 4k is £13.99 (SD £9.99/HD 11.99)

Thanks. I had already set up an account, but didn't want to provide my card details until I knew what the prices were.

I'm vaguely tempted by Rakuten, especially as the app is on my LG TV, but with so little content carrying 5.1 audio, other than the 4K UHD stuff, I'll pass for now. Having to watch new(ish) films in stereo just doesn't cut it for me in 2019.

Clem

On Android separate Rakuten TV app

Have watched films debug ( yawn ) and The way back ( OK ). Not much content choice yet.

Select watch with ads per item to watch.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom