NEWS: Quest HD Launches on Freeview

Thank christ for that as their SD picture was truly horrific! And don't even get me started on the set design that looks like some sort of S&M dungeon!

Last edited:
Oh balls, I've just used the Freeview services tracker linked in the article and Quest HD isn't on the list for my address.:(

Now what? Try a retune?

Oh, wait a minute, the service will be available from tomorrow, so try and look for it then?

Oh balls, I've just used the Freeview services tracker linked in the article and Quest HD isn't on the list for my address.:(

Now what? Try a retune?

Guessing it will be on COM 8 which is not on all transmitters. Enter your postcode here and tick the detailed view.

Digital UK | About the coverage checker

Post which transmitter is your best one and what colour is COM 8 if present

Have you currently got 96 Forces TV and 106 BBC 4 HD ?

Last edited:
Guessing it will be on COM 8 which is not on all transmitters. Enter your postcode here and tick the detailed view.

Digital UK | About the coverage checker

Post which transmitter is your best one and what colour is COM 8 if present

Have currently got 96 Forces TV and 106 BBC 4 HD ?

My local transmitter is Whitehawk Hill and COM 8 is not available.:(

Don't know if I have Forces TV, but definitely don't get BBC4 HD.

Looks like I'll have to endure the footie highlights in SD after all.

My local transmitter is Whitehawk Hill and COM 8 is not available.:(

Don't know if I have Forces TV, but definitely don't get BBC4 HD.

Looks like I'll have to endure the footie highlights in SD after all.

Pretty sure COM 8 is the only Mux with space for a HD channel.

You could get yourself a dish and a freesat box.

Thanks for the advice, Graham, but it's all getting a bit complicated as I don't want any more boxes than I already have!

Besides, who knows how long Quest will have it for before it moves to another channel? It is terrible but it's better than nothing.

Thanks for the advice, Graham, but it's all getting a bit complicated as I don't want any more boxes than I already have!

Besides, who knows how long Quest will have it for before it moves to another channel? It is terrible but it's better than nothing.

My v-Box is in a cupboard upstairs that has the router on top. You can view it's recordings using multiple kit, anything with Kodi (phone, laptop and tablet) and my LG blueray also works.

Unfortunately I have the Main Dover transmitter as I live in Folkestone, you could call it a deprived HD area, if you use the transmitter info on the Freeview site it says I'm getting my signal from the Folkestone transmitter but you can't believe that as I fitted the ariel myself and it's definitely pointing to the Dover one as is everyone's around my roads, you can see the mast from my window, plus I get way more than the 21 channels it says.
They should do something about the lack of HD on the Dover transmitter, after all they manage to put out loads of rubbish SD ones, get rid of the rubbish I give us HD. When the weather is right for it I can pick up loads of French channels and they have lots more HD channels than we do. I don't see why we have such a lack of them here, it's like living in the dark ages, HD has been around for over 10 years it's about time they pulled their finger out and gave everyone the channels. :nono:

Yeah, spotted this last week on Freesat.

I wonder how long it's going to be before all TV goes IP. We don't even get a reasonable terrestrial signal (long story involving a large cross, so call it divine intervention!) so have to resort to satellite. I believe there are many more like us and have to resort to other means. My sister in Hampshire uses IP only already because of bad signal issues too.

Still there are one or two things on Quest which are a good watch so nice to see in HD on Freesat.

Nice to be able to watch Salvage Hunters without dreadful pixelation!

Sorry for those who can't get it, but here in the middle of Edinburgh (I'm on the first floor of a four-storey block of tenement flats, but I have an aerial on the roof) I can get 114 Quest HD, 106 BBC4 HD, 93 Together, 94 PBS America, 95 FreeSports, 96 Forces TV, 97 Pick+1 and 98 Travelxp. PBS America has a fair bit of propaganda but with some good stuff, such as Wellington: The Iron Duke at 19:50 tonight, for 70 minutes. Here's an atrocious photograph of Quest HD.
Image025_298.0+kB_21-Aug-2018_18h53.jpg

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom