• Welcome to AVForums running Xenforo 2.2. The upgrade from 2.1 was successful and finished in just 90 minutes. We're still rebuilding the database indexes, so searches won't be reliable for a few hours, but we feel it's more important to bring the forums back online. The most notable changes in 2.2 are listed in this post. Thank you for your patience.

NEWS: Q Acoustics announces Concept 300 speaker

Nilanth

That is a whole lot of £££ even as gorgeous as they look.

Hixs

Distinguished Member
Pricing places them in the firing line of the Dynadio Special 40s, new Kef R range and many more.

Nilanth

Would be interesting to see if they bring a long a new centre speaker as well. But I am guessing these are more targeted for a stereo setup?

Ed Selley

AVF Reviewer
Would be interesting to see if they bring a long a new centre speaker as well. But I am guessing these are more targeted for a stereo setup?

When i asked about a centre, they didn't flat out say 'no.'

scoc

That stand looks odd, takes up quite some space and seems easier to tip over compared to a regular stand.

Synchro

Distinguished Member
Layered liquid gel in the cases. Anyone else doing this?

Ed Selley

AVF Reviewer
That stand looks odd, takes up quite some space and seems easier to tip over compared to a regular stand.

It's got a large footprint that I think will be an issue but they're going to be tricky things to knock over.

scoc

It's got a large footprint that I think will be an issue but they're going to be tricky things to knock over.
It is just that someone or vacuum cleaner could trip over the wide feet. The footprint with those angled feet is larger than a floorstander. Akward designed stand.

BlueWizard

Distinguished Member
Enclosure type: 2 way reflex
Mid/bass driver: 165mm
High frequency unit: 28mm
Frequency response: 55Hz - 30kHz
Nominal impedance: 6ohms
Minimum impedance: 4.7ohms
Sensitivity: 84dB
Stereo Amplifier Power: 25-200w
Crossover Frequency: 2.5kHz
Effective Volume: 11.4L
Dimensions W/H/D: 220 x 355 x 400mm
Weight: 14.5kg (per speaker)

Q Acoustics Concept 300

I has the 3020 and the Concept 20 in my home for a while, and the Concept 20 were well above the 3020. But the Concept 300 is near a King's Ransom. I'm sure they sound good, but -

March 2019, priced £2,999 / €3,749 / $4,499 (SRP).

That's a lot of money.

I could have these speakers for that kind of money -

DALI Rubicon 6 Walnut Floorstanding Speakers (Pair) - Floorstanding Speakers - AudioVisual Online

Yamaha Soavo NS-F901 Gloss Black Floorstanding Speakers (Pair) - Floorstanding Speakers - AudioVisual Online -

Focal Aria 948 Gloss Black Floorstanding Speakers (Pair) - Floorstanding Speakers - AudioVisual Online -

Monitor Audio Gold 200 5G Dark Walnut Floorstanding Speakers (Pair) - Floorstanding Speakers - AudioVisual Online -

Monitor Audio Platinum PL100 II Santos Rosewood Bookshelf Speakers (Pair) - Bookshelf Speakers - AudioVisual Online -

For £3000/pr I think I'm going for the FOCAL Aria 948.

Still, I suspect the Concept 300 sound pretty sweet.

Steve/bluewizard

Last edited:

Zakblue

I'd like to think they would sound amazing, but being around 10x the price of the already awesome concept 20s...hmm
Looking forwards to the reviews rolling out either way

onewingedangel

It's always a tougher sell when a mainstream brand goes upmarket than when a premium brand goes mainstream, but Q Acoustics have the right ethos, and hopefully they can use the concept range to get their technology out there sooner, the migrate the technology throughout their range to drive down costs once it's been field tested and manufacturing efficiencies worked out.

dazed&confused

If I had to buy Q Acoustics then I would take out a loan or sell a body part for the extra £1000 required for the Concept 500, just so that I didn't have to put up with those ridiculous stands.

mainaman

The price is high,but it is still much cheaper than established high-end standmount speakers like B&W 805 D3,KEF Reference 1 and Focal Diablo Utopia Evo.And the stands are included in the price too,right?

Jason72

Hi,
I'm a big Q.Acoustics fan and have two pairs of concept 20's that I use daily. They are superb speakers that I picked up secondhand for peanuts.
I cannot see that many people buying the Concept 300's (at that price anyway). For me personally Q.Acoustics has always been about 'value for money'.

Jazzbaz

Novice Member
I have the Concept 20's and I love them, but can't see the wife living with the 300's
stands.

Andywilliams

I've owned concept 20s great speaker especially at the price they go for I am going to be upgrading my speakers in the summer was looking at home demoing the b&w 805d3s will definitely have a look at these .

Andywilliams

Ed Selley

AVF Reviewer
At the moment, I can't review them as the space the stands need is greater than that available in my current test space. Hopefully, this isn't for too much longer though.

The latest video from AVForums

Podcast: Q Acoustics Q3030i, Humax Aura, Roku Streambar & WandaVision Reviews and more...

Latest News

AVForums Podcast: 20th January 2021
  • By Phil Hinton
  • Published
Netflix passes 200 million subscribers to end 2020
  • By Andy Bassett
  • Published
Cyrus Audio announces soundBuds2 in-ear headphones
  • By Andy Bassett
  • Published
Audio Research launches Reference 80S power amplifier
  • By Andy Bassett