NEWS: PS5 launches 19th Nov in UK for £450

Yeah Argo is the next best bet.

The whole thing has been a joke with places opening up orders early or with no notice.

Then again, I'm getting X Series 1st so missing out is not a biggy.

The pre-order debacle is down to the individual retailers. Sony told them to wait until Friday 17th. The naughty blighters jumped the gun!

Argos going to be "later on" but no time given

Again I can wait but what a joke. All I can guess at is because no one is letting on the go live time, it helps to protect the website from crashing in an instant. So if you have the luck to get in quick, chances are whatever website your on is working.

Argos going to be "later on" but no time given

Again I can wait but what a joke. All I can guess at is because no one is letting on the go live time, it helps to protect the website from crashing in an instant. So if you have the luck to get in quick, chances are whatever website your on is working.

It doesn't make much difference... When a pre-order is live it spreads like wildfire... Deal websites are already watching each retailer and those in it to make money use bots to snipe pre-orders.

I hope most retailers are limiting orders to one/two per customer.

I seen one person on HDUK say he purchased 3 "to throw a few on eBay" ... ********!

eBay resellers are already selling their pre-orders for £700+

Yeah I guess so.

I do think there is nothing wrong to limiting it to one per purchase, at least make it a little harder for them.

Last edited:
I wonder if Sony will go the Xbox Access route. £29/month for Series X, and gamepass ultimate (all games and xbox live). Considering they want £70 for launch titles its not insane.

I've just read eBay's presale policy and it states:
  • Presale listings must guarantee that the item will be posted within 30 days of purchase
As of this moment and for the next month, anyone offering a PS5 pre order on eBay is in breach of their agreement.

I'm going to spend the day reporting these shameless scalpers :)

Presale listings must clearly state that they are "presale" in the title and description, and guarantee delivery within 30 days of purchase.
In order to protect buyer and seller guarantees, presale listings must follow eBay policy, including listing the date the item will be available to post.
What is the policy?
  • Presale listings must guarantee that the item will be posted within 30 days of purchase
  • The date the item will be available to post must be clearly stated in the listing
  • Listings must clearly indicate in the title and description that the item is being offered for presale
  • Handling time details should include the time the seller will wait to acquire the item, in addition to the time it will take to post to the buyer
Activity that doesn't follow eBay policy could result in a range of actions including for example: administratively ending or cancelling listings, hiding or demoting all listings from search results, lowering seller rating, buying or selling restrictions, and account suspension. All fees paid or payable in relation to listings or accounts on which we take any action will not be refunded or otherwise credited to your account.

To be honest I've never agreed with anything that is pre order on ebay...the item should be in hand...i got stung recently by a pre order scam, and have learnt my lesson...their will be PS5's between now and next year on ebay at ridiculous prices... BUT sony has confirmed that there will be more allocations between now and release and i hope that mitigates the average person being ripped off by these parasites.

I have managed to pre order my ps5 from argos spent £517.47 all together

Attachments

• 293D9A67-0A3B-4EA2-9894-C3A468B3314C.jpeg
    293D9A67-0A3B-4EA2-9894-C3A468B3314C.jpeg
    100.4 KB · Views: 130
  • C1AFF56F-1702-4D2A-ABB5-FDD9890A811F.jpeg
    C1AFF56F-1702-4D2A-ABB5-FDD9890A811F.jpeg
    89.4 KB · Views: 140
Well, I've either just bought 3 or none - payment taken x2 from Box.co.uk (£1 deposit - PayPal) and £449 from Argos (debit card) - no conformation from either - giving up!

Well, I've either just bought 3 or none - payment taken x2 from Box.co.uk (£1 deposit - PayPal) and £449 from Argos (debit card) - no conformation from either - giving up!

I was waiting for email confirmation from Argos for my pre order then checked my junk email and there was a confirmation of my order so double check your junk/spam folder incase

I’d love to be as excited for a new machine as you folk seem to be, I’ll just walk into Argos (only local option without travelling) and pick up the new console whenever they deign to get more stocks in, it’s going to be a nice upgrade from my noisy Pro but it’s hardly something I feel the need to preorder.

Ha! Good ol' John Lewis - order confirmed and email received :)
Now to undo the other 3 failed checkouts - funny how they always fail after they take your money...

I wouldn't normally be bothered but walking in and picking one up in a shop is likely to be well into the new year, and I feel we are on the brink of another lockdown - I intend to be prepared :)

Is there anything that has said if its going to be in any other colour? white just won't go well under the tv. I'll be getting the disc version so i can play uhd's, games i seem to have been buying digitally for a few years now. I'll wait till after xmas to see about colours.

Wow, I wanted to get my kids a PS5 each for Christmas but jeez that's pricey. Looks like they might be changing to Xbox. Or maybe a used PS4 pro.........

Wow, I wanted to get my kids a PS5 each for Christmas but jeez that's pricey. Looks like they might be changing to Xbox. Or maybe a used PS4 pro.........

It's actually decently priced for the tech under the hood. The SSD alone is reason enough to get a PS5. The PS4 with HDD is just to slow in 2020.

I know right, why on earth aren't these £199.99 or less!!!!!

It's actually decently priced for the tech under the hood. The SSD alone is reason enough to get a PS5. The PS4 with HDD is just to slow in 2020.
WTF! Faster load speeds is the reason to fork out on a new gen console? Nothing to do with better graphics, faster graphics etc?

The SSD alone? Aff yer heed!

Not seeing any stock on Very.

Did pre-order with Shopto yesterday, following up from logged interest on June - but haven't had a confirmation email despite web chat saying it should be ok.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom