NEWS: PS5 launches 19th Nov in UK for £450

Think its sad that loads of people will pre-order PS5, when they don't even know what the launch line-up is.

Maybe they just want a new Playstation and don’t overly care what the launch lineup is, I’m just treating it as if I’m upgrading my pc myself, looking forward to the speed boost rather than overpriced launch titles, the games I’m playing will be the whatever game I’m playing on PS4 at that time.

Loved the promo.
Noticed a lot of slow down when alot of action was onscreen,

Hope it was just a youtube lag as it did not seem to hit the 60fps promise.

New COD did look good single player wise.

Scumbags are already putting them up on the bay.

Scumbags are already putting them up on the bay.
:eek::eek::eek:

Screenshot 2020-09-17 at 01.54.59.png

I have to say, I was expecting this to be at least £500 so I'm pretty happy. I don't know which one to go for though as I normally trade in most of my games to fund my next purchase. Will that still be a thing with the next generation?

there pro and cons of having disc or digital version for ps5
disc version pro: you can pre order new games from different retail and save money sometimes by using discount code, staff discount, cash back etc you can also play blu Ray movie that is on disc, you can sell the games/let friend or family borrow it, the game is not tied to one account meaning you can play the game on any console so for example you can take a copy of fifa to your mates and play it if they ain’t got it, you got option to download digital copy as well, you can buy game second hand saving money

disc version con: you have to wait for the disc to be delivered to your house which sometimes get delayed which people get to miss out playing new game on the release day, disc can get scratches when not looked after properly, can even sometimes be missing in the home if missed placed somewhere, have to change disc when want to play different game

digital copy pro: when new game release you can download the game straight away on to your console at 12 midnight I believe please feel free to correct me, don’t have to worry about putting disc in console/ keep changing it to play different game

digital copy con: would not be able to play movies that you have on disc, the game is tied to one account, downloading games sometimes can take ages depend on how fast your internet connection, you might not be able to get discount on new games like you can with disc version, you wouldn’t not be able to sell the game, can’t buy second hand games from eBay, cex, music magpie etc..., wouldn’t be able to let friend or family borrow game/unless you give them access to your account and they have to stay signed in your account or make their console primary to be able to play the game on their console which is a headache as you would want to play on your console you have to change the primary console back on which meansyour family/friend wouldn’t be able to play once your done

These are the thing I can think off so far for me personally am going to pre order disc version as I have always bought disc game saving money on new games when released, hope my post help people decide which console to buy.

Although I'm going PS5, the Xbox One Series S is going to be a big seller I reckon. The £250 price tag, with parents who's don't know the differences, is going to be appealing come Christmas.

For me, it's got to be the disc version. I very rarely, in fact, I never buy brand new games and I always wait until they're around the £20 mark - which isn't usually that long TBH. Not being able to trade used games would be a big issue for me.

I think it's another example (and a step closer) of Sony and the games manufacturers trying to fizzle out the used market, trying to get people to buy games at full price. They're doing it with computer software so they'll do it with games eventually. Which will be a shame, unless there's a way to be able to trade digital games.

Has to be the disc version for me.........in a year of two when prices drop to a more reasonable level!

These are the thing I can think off so far for me personally am going to pre order disc version as I have always bought disc game saving money on new games when released, hope my post help people decide which console to buy.

Except with the disc version of the console you have the either/or option. With the digital edition you're stuck with digital always and forever.

So the only down side of the disc edition of the console is the £90 extra and the unsightly bump where the drive sits.

Except with the disc version of the console you have the either/or option. With the digital edition you're stuck with digital always and forever.

So the only down side of the disc edition of the console is the £90 extra and the unsightly bump where the drive sits.

I actually prefer the unsightly bump to be honest, looks more balanced overall to me. I guess the real question is will I be able to get a pre-order in, they usually open up much earlier making it easy for the early birds, this is looking like it's gonna be a complete scramble by the time they go up.

Maybe they just want a new Playstation and don’t overly care what the launch lineup is, I’m just treating it as if I’m upgrading my pc myself, looking forward to the speed boost rather than overpriced launch titles, the games I’m playing will be the whatever game I’m playing on PS4 at that time.
I just knew if I hadn't pre ordered, id want one a week later and they'd be sold out till spring and I'd be gutted.

I'll be happy with Dirt5, Call of duty and the boost to all my PSVR games and 4K as I dont own a Pro

I actually prefer the unsightly bump to be honest, looks more balanced overall to me. I guess the real question is will I be able to get a pre-order in, they usually open up much earlier making it easy for the early birds, this is looking like it's gonna be a complete scramble by the time they go up.

You (and I) already missed the Smyths and Game pre-orders that went up last night at 23:45 and 00:15 respectively.

I checked the usual suspects for a bit after the launch stream, and after a couple of hours just guessed pre-orders weren't going to go live for a bit and stopped looking - probably moments before Smyths popped up.

That said, I'm not fussed on the handful of launch titles so won't be too disappointed if I have to wait until the new year.

Last edited:
As is Currys... ish. As I bagged an Amazon one as I was waiting on the DDOSed Currys preorder page.

Think its sad that loads of people will pre-order PS5, when they don't even know what the launch line-up is.

Spider-Man: Miles Morales, Resident Evil: Village, Final Fantasy XVI, Oddworld: Soulstorm, CoD…

Two sequels to thoroughly excellent games, one slightly tired series returning to a pleasing medieval fantasy aesthetic, one resurrection of a sadly forgotten but super fun franchise and a game that I assume people still play.

Seems like a pretty decent line-up to me. I encourage you to go and look at the day one releases for PS2 and be totally dumbfounded at whoever made the decision that these would be the first experience people had of a new generation of console gaming.

Well amazon didnt last long - checked at 9am - not on sale, missed it now.

As for those games you listed I think at least one isnt out at launch so yeah people are confused on what out at launch and all the others can be played on PS4 and 3 on anything.

Spider-Man: Miles Morales, - PS4 also but best of the bunch but if you have a PS4 your sorted.

Final Fantasy XVI - no release date assumed 2021

Resident Evil: Village - on everything
,Oddworld: Soulstorm - on everything
CoD - - on everything

Managed to preorder mine from Smyths last night. Looks like, as expected, they have all sold out.

There isn't much new on the games front, but being able to play PS4 games on it will help that, so it was vital it had that.

A lot of the games they keep showing are for next year.

Managed to preorder mine from Smyths last night. Looks like, as expected, they have all sold out.

There isn't much new on the games front, but being able to play PS4 games on it will help that, so it was vital it had that.

A lot of the games they keep showing are for next year.
I got an amazon preorder in.
I'm not even hugely bothered about any ps5 games right now, will get assassins creed Valhalla but that won't exactly be next gen anyway.
What I do want right now though is a quiet console that loads games a lot faster than my current ps4 pro helicopter.

Boo! too slow! Everyone has sold their allocation of pre orders. Oh well, I'll wait until there's an all black one...

The latest video from AVForums

Is Home Theater DEAD in 2024?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom