NEWS: PS5 Hardware Details Emerge

If an SSD costs us 100 surely it would cost someone like Sony half that when buying in so many?

I don't think there has been a game that has fully utilised the PS4 Pros power like GTA V did with the 360 and PS3 so I'm waiting to see this gen get something before I get hyped about another console.

Also if they do this "upgraded versions" again I might just stick with PC
Just out of interest, have you played HZD, God Of War, Red Dead or Uncharted this gen?

I may, just may have to take a look at this machine lol.
I dunno but I find the PlayStation and Nintendo games to be better quality?

Anyway Sony did a very neat trick, they haven’t really given a whole lot away, yet gave enough away for you to know it’s a serious next gen machine built on as yet unreleased hardware. Although I don’t think many will care about 8K!!!

I’m also hoping that Sony will finally get with it, and put the wireless ACX standard in the PS5, Sony have historically for who knows what reason given its consoles rubbish WIFi specs at launch.
I’m also hoping they keep the same UI interface.

The most interesting of the new spec I think is the new SSD format they’ll be using, some say this may be a brand new spec that’s faster then anything used before. But I’m not sure if it’s faster then what Apple use in their computers?

Still games that load in seconds, powerful hardware, good quality games. And no doubt a £500 price tag..

I have been playing in my Switch and streaming on me Nvidia Shield over GeForce Now, I’ve got speedtests if around 66 to 73mbps, the fastest I can get to my house, now I’d its just me gaming I can run them at Mac settings 1080P 60FPS, but if someone uses a tennis steaming app that is only using 7mbps then that game streaming is heavily affected.

The UK has a long long way to go before we will be able to stream games at 4K comfortably..
I am currently thinking if they make a smaller Switch may get that, keep my Shield and get a PS5?

Last edited by a moderator:
the harddrive thing has me most concerned SSD is great but a 1tb is about £100 now days while a 2tb is about £200. far too much of the cost of a console

also how will this all work with additional storage? an external mechanical usb 3.0 hardrive will be to slow to game from so if they support external storage you will have to keep moving games to the SSD to play them

They’ll sell the console at a loss, they always have, the moneys made up in the games.
The rumours are the SSD used is using a brand new possibly unreleased spec. But we’ll find out soon enough I guess.

I also have to Plus one on the cooling mentioned above, that’s one thing Microsoft nailed with the X, Sony have a lot to learn in this area..

Yes,the cooling in X is perfect.Thats one of reasons i play more on X then on Pro.

Is there any point to having the Xbox, as you can play the exclusives on your PC these days?

Is there any point playing on PC when consoles can do 4k and you can avoid the hackers / constant problems with making PCs run (driver issues, display issues, crashes etc) ?

Just out of interest, have you played HZD, God Of War, Red Dead or Uncharted this gen?
Yes, no, yes and yes, while they looked pretty-ish I didn't enjoy them at all and I didn't think they were much better looking than GTA V.

I may, just may have to take a look at this machine lol.
I dunno but I find the PlayStation and Nintendo games to be better quality?

Anyway Sony did a very neat trick, they haven’t really given a whole lot away, yet gave enough away for you to know it’s a serious next gen machine built on as yet unreleased hardware. Although I don’t think many will care about 8K!!!

I’m also hoping that Sony will finally get with it, and put the wireless ACX standard in the PS5, Sony have historically for who knows what reason given its consoles rubbish WIFi specs at launch.
I’m also hoping they keep the same UI interface.

The most interesting of the new spec I think is the new SSD format they’ll be using, some say this may be a brand new spec that’s faster then anything used before. But I’m not sure if it’s faster then what Apple use in their computers?

Still games that load in seconds, powerful hardware, good quality games. And no doubt a £500 price tag..

I have been playing in my Switch and streaming on me Nvidia Shield over GeForce Now, I’ve got speedtests if around 66 to 73mbps, the fastest I can get to my house, now I’d its just me gaming I can run them at Mac settings 1080P 60FPS, but if someone uses a tennis steaming app that is only using 7mbps then that game streaming is heavily affected.

The UK has a long long way to go before we will be able to stream games at 4K comfortably..
I am currently thinking if they make a smaller Switch may get that, keep my Shield and get a PS5?
I have 1gb in London via hyperoptic, Virgin does 300mb, so it is available in certain locations- but yes, agree the standards need to be raised overall!

Do we have any idea on timing for the ps5 yet?

hope it has a uhd player...

I have 1gb in London via hyperoptic, Virgin does 300mb, so it is available in certain locations- but yes, agree the standards need to be raised overall!
I'm very lucky to have a 300mb available to me in rural North Yorks due to a recent FTP install on my estate. Nobody will offer 1gb at the present time, but the line is capable.

The FTP roll out over the coming years will make streaming games very accessible... but as things stand, Sony are the ones that throttle my connection into their hardware / across their servers... Hopefully they'll sort that out in future!!

Nov 2020 release if you ask me... Nicely in time for Xmas with a big swathe of "early adopters" deals to set them up.

does anyone know (or have info when the big reveal might be by sony like they did with the ps4?

does anyone know (or have info when the big reveal might be by sony like they did with the ps4?

Nope, we don’t know and anyone who tells you otherwise is telling you porkies (unless they’re a senior Sony exec).

If launch is holidays 2020 then reveal could be anything up to 10-12 months from now. If it’s an earlier planned launch, or MS announce first then it could be sooner.

My best guess would be PSX announcement in December.

I’m hoping as there is no E3 show, and assuming Microsoft announce theirs, Sony will have their own show like the Pro announcement. So we won’t see final design but have some insight as well as game development so far, otherwise, its a long wait...

They could announce it in the UK, I can’t remember the name of the event they have, but they have had a small one every year in the UK and have announced hardware at it. But who know now with Sony? E3 would have been the obvious choice...
I think that with Cerney giving away information on it, they will ramp up the hype towards a reveal. A safe bet is it’ll be in sale next year but I wouldn’t have a clue when.

Last edited by a moderator:
Sony will not be at E3 this year.

Sony's PlayStation pulled from E3 event in 2019

That said even if they were I still think they’d have a separate reveal. Reveal for PS4 was a separate event in Feb 2013 for Nov 13 launch.

We know from Cerny that launch won’t be in 2019, and we know from Sony financial forecasts that it’s not in the forecast number for the year ended 31 March 2020.

i just pray to god they sort the fans out, i shouldn't have to resort to alternative measures, take my machine apart or spend additional money to stop my fans sounding as if concorde is making a comeback in my living room

i just pray to god they sort the fans out, i shouldn't have to resort to alternative measures, take my machine apart or spend additional money to stop my fans sounding as if concorde is making a comeback in my living room
I downloaded the old burnout paradise, son was playing it with the cabinet door closed, there is sufficient space, but I clocked it after 20 mins - sounded like an airplane. Have only ever noticed it bad on GoW and BF....
But agree, hope they sort it on new console.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom