NEWS: PS5 Hardware Details Emerge

that just means the ps5 games would be even bigger than they are going to be they havent switched to 100gb discs for no reason
PS4 already has games that are 100gb install size, including the recently release Modern Warfare (107gb).
These games are compressed onto the disc like a zip file, so 50gb will still be plenty for most games and the rest will rely on downloads.

I don't even know anyone who buys 4k blu rays let alone has an 8k TV, I think it's just a selling point but won't be used
Samsung have an 8K range out now, I’ve seen some You Tube videos on them, personally I don’t see the point, I only plan on upgrading to 4K next year!
I did read somewhere that apparently the human eye can only see up to 12K? No idea if it’s true or not, but if it is what marketing spin will they put on 16K or 20K I wonder??.. get augmented eyes by then for free with every purchase?

I guess give it 3 years and micro LED 8K TVs will be across the range.

I do think though the PS5 stands a good chance of producing reasonable 8K games if it uses the same checker boarding techniques as the PS4 Pro does, it’s fake 8K but it looks good.

I'd rather they used the extra power to produce full 4k, HDR and high frame rate games

There is nothing to suggest it doesn't do that already from the specs known so far.

There is nothing to suggest it doesn't do that already from the specs known so far.
I'm not so sure its going to be hitting 60FPS on every game at 4K TBH. I hope so but i'm not sure we'll see that.

I'm not so sure its going to be hitting 60FPS on every game at 4K TBH. I hope so but i'm not sure we'll see that.

With Raytracing being used I can see that being true depending on how hard devs choose to implement it, other than that 4k 60 Shouldn't be a problem.

With Raytracing being used I can see that being true depending on how hard devs choose to implement it, other than that 4k 60 Shouldn't be a problem.
Pc games can't hit 4k 60 on max settings on quite a few games on the top cards so I just can't see it without some compromising.

1080 @ 60 will be guaranteed with the released specs. As @Cha1ky stated, latest graphics cards struggle with 4K @ 60 with maxed settings. IMO, I think we'll see 4K @ 30 but not "max settings".

The xbox one X can do 4k @ 30 now it can even do 4k @ 60 on some games. Thing is with pc games they are designed to account for tons of different hardware configurations so arnt optimised for any one hardware configuration. plus pcs have to run wondows 10 which isnt the most efficient of operating systems

Max settings mean nothing on a console as there are no settings to adjust this isn't PC gaming where every aspect for hardware and OS configs have to be catered for making adjusting settings is a thing, it's one hardware spec one OS, where all parts are made to work and be optimised together, like I said 4k 60 shouldn't be problem, with raytracing that could change.

Obviously all speculation until actual specs are released. Don’t get me wrong, I hope they can get 4K @ 60 but I’m keeping my expectations in check.

Max settings mean nothing on a console as there are no settings to adjust this isn't PC gaming where every aspect for hardware and OS configs have to be catered for making adjusting settings is a thing, it's one hardware spec one OS, where all parts are made to work and be optimised together, like I said 4k 60 shouldn't be problem, with raytracing that could change.
Just because you cant see settings doesn't mean max settings is nothing. There will be settings but they will be locked out of your view. As an example COD may have had Anti Aliasing set to x4 to get better performance. THings like that will be set in the background and locked away.

So max settings will mean something. Because it is dropping it down from max settings that will actually get the console version of a game stable. I expect the PS5 will have to have some of the settings dropped to hit 4K 60 FPS. But i'll be happy to be proved wrong, as i'll be getting that benefit if I am :)

The xbox one X can do 4k @ 30 now it can even do 4k @ 60 on some games.
As above, I'd imagine these will have been tweaked to hit these settings. Sacrifices in draw distance etc.

Now obviously we all know that the consoles are coded to spec so you can get much more out of a console than the equivalent PC. SO it just remains to be seen if they can hit the 4K 60 on the hardware without sacrifices.

Personally I would always take a hit in resolution/settings so a game is at least 60 FPS.

My eyes can't even tell the difference these days TBH!

it doesnt matter how much power is available. Developers will always have to make compromises and trade offs.
it has always been thus and always will be.

I like the wireless charging concept as my controllers sit like that currently (albeit plugged in while in rest mode).

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom