NEWS: Polk Assist Google Assistant Smart Speaker Launched

HeavenlyWarrior

I think at some point they're going to need to move away from introducing new devices into the household to get digital assistants into our homes, and concentrate more on adding the assistant to everyday things we already have. Smart light switches, smoke alarms etc seem a more logical path than filling each room up with additional speakers.

Last edited:

Stu C

At £179, this is competing directly with the Sonos One, which represents stiff competition. Obviously a proper review and comparison is required, though the Polk arguably has an advantage while we are still waiting for Sonos to implement Google Assistant.

Jamie

Distinguished Member
At £179, this is competing directly with the Sonos One, which represents stiff competition. Obviously a proper review and comparison is required, though the Polk arguably has an advantage while we are still waiting for Sonos to implement Google Assistant.
The existence of the Chromecast Audio is IMO a massive plus. While I'd quite like a speaker for the bedroom or possibly bathroom I'm an AV geek and already have good hifi or AV systems in other rooms and no desire to pay the ridiculous price for a Connect.

Stu C

The existence of the Chromecast Audio is IMO a massive plus. While I'd quite like a speaker for the bedroom or possibly bathroom I'm an AV geek and already have good hifi or AV systems in other rooms and no desire to pay the ridiculous price for a Connect.
What is a Connect?

Jamie

Distinguished Member
What is a Connect?
The Sonos box you can connect to a proper stereo, I may have got the name wrong though or they may have discontinued or changed the name since I last looked.

From memory the connect had or has digital and analogue outputs to connect to an amp and there was also a Connect amp which had speaker terminals you could connect to your own speakers.

Edit: one of these Connect — Streaming Music Stereo Upgrade | Sonos

The latest video from AVForums

Podcast: New TVs, Samsung Q800T Soundbar review, IFA latest, Movie and AV News, B+W Brad Pitt
Top Bottom