OLED 806/856:
  • 48" 1.320€
  • 55" 1.600€
  • 65" 2.200€

LED:
- 55PUS9206 / 1.100€
So no 55inch mini led model.

no price for 75PUS9506?
I got the prices from a forum from my country, a guy there works in a store and is promoting Philips and he wrote this prices, so I guess 75PUS9506 price is not known yet.

So no 55inch mini led model.
Philips Mini LED will be available only in 65" and 75".

Just how 'mini' are these mini-LEDs supposed to be?

1000 zones on a 16:9 screen is about 42 x 24 zones. A 65" panel is about 1800 sq in, so each zone is nearly 2 square inches in area.

No LED is made that size; they're all a small light source with an optical diffuser to spread the light out.

Provided adjacent zones blur together seamlessly I can well believe that the end result looks good with most content - but where's the innovation here? What's been achieved that's new?
These tv's also come with quantum dot (more colour volume) and I read wide viewing angle and higher brightness than all tv's before from philips

Both Mini LED models will have a VA panel, more info here.

As it looks they will also have a wide viewing angle filter, similar like Samsung and Sony have on their highest FALD models.
Thanks for confirming.

can't find any true 10bit panels with matching specs at 75". not sure if worth paying premium for 8bitfrc panel with some leds behind it :(

Incredible news if these specs and prices from previous posts are true.

Attachments

• IMG_20210131_165655.jpg
    IMG_20210131_165655.jpg
    239.9 KB · Views: 770
Yes. The specs are really impressive. It will be interesting to see first reviews and compare with LG QNed/ Samsung Neo. I hope Philips is improved in overall quality.

Specs are one thing and real world performance another. Philips is usually overdoing it with their specs and what's with their weird point system, when they rate their own TV's with points. I remember in 2017 or 2018 when their more expensive TV's which were rated with more points had worse picture than their lower class TV's because higher class had IPS panels while lower VA. We will have to wait for some review first, I don't trust Philips anymore.

Also I think Philips is pretty bad when it comes to DSE and banding, I haven't yet seen a TV by them without DSE or banding, this TV can be best LCD ever but if they won't improve DSE and banding it will spoil the whole experience.

Last edited:
Specs are one thing and real world performance another. Philips is usually overdoing it with their specs and what's with their weird point system, when they rate their own TV's with points. I remember in 2017 or 2018 when their more expensive TV's which were rated with more points had worse picture than their lower class TV's because higher class had IPS panels while lower VA. We will have to wait for some review first, I don't trust Philips anymore.

Also I think Philips is pretty bad when it comes to DSE and banding, I haven't yet seen a TV by them without DSE or banding and this TV can be best ever LCD and if they won't come on top it will spoil the whole experience.
Absolutely right, philips just uses marketing tricks and probably monetizes reviewers not to disclose downsides flooding search engines with positives. So a lot of info on internet is just part of philips sell strategy. I have only seen few professional honest reviews with all tech details disclosed pointing to issues within their tv's and panels in them.
Things like "wide angle" is open to debate of each understanding of it. How wide angle VA panel can be? How do I know that angle suits my environment and I got what's been advertised? As example LG is quite informative on its kit so that user can select what best suits him.
viewing angle lg

Anyway back to topic, some prices

MINI LED:
  • 65PUS9636 / 2.200€
  • 75PUS9636 / 2.800€
  • 65PUS9506 / 1.750€

compared to OLED and LED

OLED 806/856:
  • 48" 1.320€
  • 55" 1.600€
  • 65" 2.200€

LED:
- 55PUS9206 / 1.100€
Utterly pointless pricing a 65 mini led the same as an oled.. I know which I'd buy and it wouldn't have lights behind it.

OLED has come down in price and the big number FALD LEDs are still pricey to make. Something like 1000zones on a decent VA panel has the potential to be very good, higher brightness/no burn in etc. It has it's place.

My Samsung Q9 is almost OLED like in dark room, with much less zones than 1000. In fact, on Netflix's initial user menu it is always surprises me how it is way brighter against the black background than my OLED yet suppresses blooming. I'm not saying brightness is everything, but the reason we like OLED so much is how it can display bright objects set against a black background, and the Samsung Q9 does this very well in 99% of cases.

The Philips 279P2MRX with a 27" 4K Mini LED display and Thunderbolt 4 is launched

It looks promising but the question is what quality we can expect from Phillips brand.

Facepalm. What's the point of making higher end TV with only 60 Hz these days.
I really hope it's just a mistake in the specs, as the hdmi 2.1 features would be quite disappointing if it's only a 60Hz panel.
I am really hoping to get their mini led TV as my gaming TV but 60Hz would be a deal breaker

For a 55 inch mini led tv the deals already broken, Philips is a no go and Samsung has no dv, perhaps next year.

For a 55 inch mini led tv the deals already broken, Philips is a no go and Samsung has no dv, perhaps next year.
Plus Sony still can't get their act together and release firmware to support VRR or ALLM, even on their new 2021 models

I would have thought in 2021 that manufacturers would be adding all the features people have been asking for, mini led doesn't make up for a lack of screen size or dv or any of the gaming components people want to see.

I would have thought in 2021 that manufacturers would be adding all the features people have been asking for, mini led doesn't make up for a lack of screen size or dv or any of the gaming components people want to see.
Well, do you REALLY need DV if you have 1500 nits? Just add a bit of tone mapping and it's good. A lot of zones has a bigger impact on image quality than DV vs. HDR10.

Well, do you REALLY need DV if you have 1500 nits? Just add a bit of tone mapping and it's good. A lot of zones has a bigger impact on image quality than DV vs. HDR10.
That's interesting, sorry for being thick but does adding tone mapping mean any flavour of hdr.

Fifth generation P5 processor: Philips TVs as you've never seen them before

Here are the Philips TV prices 2021 range at some European retailers:
LED TV MOJ-TV modifieretown =proizvajalec-philips&filterouvernetowncollection=tip-resolucije-ultra-hd-4k&filteriptwinterfilter-voljo-od-2021-collection=na-voljo-od-2021-tip-resolucije-ultra-hd-4k&filter

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom