NEWS: Philips unveils 9636 and 9506 MiniLED TVs

King Dazzar

With regards the Dolby Vision gaming. Wouldn't the set need to have a specific gaming Dolby Vision preset for low latency?

My thoughts are: as and when the current Dolby vision testing on xbox gets implemented. You may find even on TV's that support Dolby vision, they may not have a dedicated low latency Dolby vision preset. I'd love to be wrong of course... but I expect 2022 sets, now with Dolby Vision "game" mode support.

technomen

in this article they announce 55 and 65 "for this series and for the 9506 series too, is this a mistake or a reality !: idea:
Philips PUS9636 references: 55PUS9636 / 12 and 65PUS9636 / 12 [/ quote]
and:
Philips PUS9506 references: 55PUS9506 / 12 and 65PUS9506 / 12 [/ quote]
Philips TVs 2021 - All the news
to confirm ...
I want it to be true !
amen ! :)

AVtest

On the other hand QN95A (Europe Version) will have One Connect Box with 4x HDMI 2.1. I'm confusing :rolleyes:

I agree with you for 1024 dim areas comment but we don't know it will perform better or not. It is a matter of software-hardware harmony in the end. Will there be any good, unbiased and unpaid reviews? I'm not sure. TP Vision pays a lot for influencers, Youtube reviewers etc.

Support for EVERY HDR format is my key buying point anyway. This will make a huge difference in terms of Dolby Vision gaming for Xbox Series X. (Stupid Samsung!)

Plus, I really think about AVtest's comments above. "Philips is well known for overmarketing and not delivering promises." I can easily agree with that with my own experience too. Not for TV but other devices such as air purifier and Fidelio sound system.

To sum up, how are Phillips TV's in general? It would be mainly used with for Series X gaming and Netflix/amazon watching.

Thanks everyone in advance for their contribution.
Thanks onurza,
Support of every format is great if you can use it(I mean if tv CAN deliver it) Philips keeps silent on hardware fitted for android too. Wonder what actual soc will be used for platform too as hope GPU had upgrade too.
If Philips would stop spending on marketing and fake reviews and invest all these money into R&D and hardware I think we would have really decent tv's to enjoy. In any case knowing Philips I wont buy any Philips tv based on reviews. Even if I do decide to buy one, I will wait till price drops as Philips tv's depreciate faster than my phone :rotfl:

Thanks onurza,
Support of every format is great if you can use it(I mean if tv CAN deliver it) Philips keeps silent on hardware fitted for android too. Wonder what actual soc will be used for platform too as hope GPU had upgrade too.
If Philips would stop spending on marketing and fake reviews and invest all these money into R&D and hardware I think we would have really decent tv's to enjoy. In any case knowing Philips I wont buy any Philips tv based on reviews. Even if I do decide to buy one, I will wait till price drops as Philips tv's depreciate faster than my phone :rotfl:
If you want a review, wait for Vincent Teoh's one, the only one you can trust

onurza

Standard Member
Thanks onurza,

You may find SOC information for PML 9636 attached. What is your opinion?

Attachments

• 2021-03-10_Toengels-Philips-Blog_Philips-TV-Overview-Range-Line-up_2021.png 6.188×760 pixels.pdf
    412.8 KB · Views: 88
Last edited:

freepizzatime

Novice Member
I hope we get some reviews from many different sources for Philips. Unfortunately rtings do not touch philips tvs for some reason because some nice technical analysis would be most welcome. Anyway if everything is true then the 9506 and 9636 seem like the best miniled tvs this year.

I hope we get some reviews from many different sources for Philips. Unfortunately rtings do not touch philips tvs for some reason because some nice technical analysis would be most welcome. Anyway if everything is true then the 9506 and 9636 seem like the best miniled tvs this year.
They told me it's because they're USA based, so Philips and USA are not friends in terms of TV models :/

AVtest

You may find SOC information for PML 9636 attached. What is your opinion?
I dont trust toengel specs, its only guideline. As you can see at the top it says errors and omissions expected! What you will find that soon after release when forums get filled with real info that sheet will change. MT9970A is just philips board platform. Toengel does not list CPU/GPU, but rumours are that it will be MediaTek MT9950 with G52 gpu. More about it here , but we can already see that toengel listed 4GB ram, so not much to expect then. I really hope they upgraded flash chip as on previuos tv's it was damn slow. Wifi chip and aerial could do upgrade too.

onurza

Standard Member
So my question is;
Samsung 65QN95A + Sonos Arc or 65PML9636 with B&W or 65PML9506 + Sonos Arc ?

I will not have Dolby Vision with Samsung but better sound I think. (I already have Sonos One SL Surrounds)

I will have Ambilight (which I don't care), Dolby Vision and IF awarded Design with Philips 9636.

What are your thoughts?

Last edited:

So my question is;
Samsung 65QN95A + Sonos Arc or 65PML9636 with B&W or 65PML9506 + Sonos Arc ?

I will not have Dolby Vision with Samsung but better sound I think. (I already have Sonos One SL Surrounds)

I will have Ambilight (which I don't care), Dolby Vision and IF awarded Design with Philips 9636.

What are your thoughts?
Philips no doubt, Samsung sucks

Raitziger

Standard Member
These are the TVs I wait before buying anything this year. Hisense is wild card also but likely disappoints to launch best TVs in Europe.

onurza

Standard Member
Unfortunately bad news. According to the Polish HDTV forum, the release date of the products has been postponed to August. 1 month of delay at least. Where do you plan to buy? Germany? Netherlands? UK?

Does anyone have any information about release dates?

Raitziger

Standard Member
I am in Finland. Well that sucks if true. Makes sense as there are not enough chips. Well I wait. I plan to keep TV for long and want to not feel sorry.

Raitziger

Standard Member
Delay is now official. 2021 range comes in winter Now it is official. 2021 TVs come in Winter 2021. :( TP Vision to launch exciting 2021 Autumn/Winter Philips TV & Sound product line-up via latest online special event – starting August 31st

Clearandcolour

Delay is now official. 2021 range comes in winter Now it is official. 2021 TVs come in Winter 2021. :( TP Vision to launch exciting 2021 Autumn/Winter Philips TV & Sound product line-up via latest online special event – starting August 31st

See on the bottom, june

1620165781725.png

techfan1967

Standard Member
I don't think the delay is for all sets, the schedule will probably see the 806 released in June and the OLED+936 (the one with Bowers & Wilkins integrated) released in August, that was their schedule last year if I'm not wrong with the OLED +935 released in October.

Raitziger

Standard Member
Ok. Super confusing on their part to promote some other 2021 TV launch for winter when they have not even started selling 806 and minileds. Lets hope they make it!

onurza

Standard Member
Tp vision, Philips we know that you read this forum :) There is too much keyword that you follow :)

Please make a statement about PML 9636 and PML 9506 release date.

The latest video from AVForums

Podcast: LG C1 OLED + JBL Synthesis SDR-35 First Thoughts, plus TV Show & Disc Reviews & more
Subscribe to our YouTube channel

Latest News

What's new on UK streaming services for June 2021
  • By Andy Bassett
  • Published
Austrian Audio launches Hi-X65 headphones
  • By Andy Bassett
  • Published
Roku expands streaming content with Roku Originals
  • By Andy Bassett
  • Published
What's new on Netflix UK for June 2021