NEWS: Philips launches Fidelio B95 and B97 soundbars

IMAX Enhanced certified lol.

They certainly look nice and there previous efforts were well reviewed so good luck to them.

Similar to the JBL with the rears. Shame there's no upfiring on the rears.

Any idea when these go on sale? If they have got good reviews I am tempted to sell my Sonos Arc and replace it with this to resolve the issue with lip sync.

They mention 2 HDMI 2.1 inputs. Wonder if they support 120hz and vrr for next gen consoles.

Any idea when these go on sale? If they have got good reviews I am tempted to sell my Sonos Arc and replace it with this to resolve the issue with lip sync.
Why would you think a change to this would resolve the problem? often lipsync issues are caused by how a tv manufacturer implements arc/cec, have you tried the tvs lip sync settings?

Why would you think a change to this would resolve the problem? often lipsync issues are caused by how a tv manufacturer implements arc/cec, have you tried the tvs lip sync settings?

At the very least he can plug his device into the bar directly which tends to eliminate lip sync issues.

At the very least he can plug his device into the bar directly which tends to eliminate lip sync issues.
he can with an arc as well?

i know its only got one hdmi, that is a direct link between the tv and bar, he does not seem to be asking for extra inputs more a fix for an issue. Multiple hdmis will not solve his lip sync issues.

i know its only got one hdmi, that is a direct link between the tv and bar, he does not seem to be asking for extra inputs more a fix for an issue. Multiple hdmis will not solve his lip sync issues.

It depends on where his lip sync issues are coming from. If it's built in apps then yea, HDMI inputs won't help, but if it's Sky Q for example they will.

I have no lip sync issues with the TV inbuilt apps such as Netflix, Prime etc... The problems lie when I try and watch TV via the V6 Virgin Box. The same for Apple TV as well.

I have no lip sync issues with the TV inbuilt apps such as Netflix, Prime etc... The problems lie when I try and watch TV via the V6 Virgin Box. The same for Apple TV as well.
Got it, i have assumed u looked for answers on the Arc forums? assume its a common issue? Have you looked at Lgs/Jbls/Samsung models? Although i do read the posts and one or 2 folk have issues even with these brands, there does not seem to be a definite reason for it? i also think some people definitely notice it more than others.

I have searched high and low and there is no fix, not unless I purchase the ARCANA and splitters. I love the sound on the Sonos Arc, but lip sync is a problem.

I have searched high and low and there is no fix, not unless I purchase the ARCANA and splitters. I love the sound on the Sonos Arc, but lip sync is a problem.
if you do return it , i would suggest you visit say richer sounds and have a listen to a few and only purchase on the understanding that if there is a lip sync issue with the model you choose u can return it.
there are some great bars out there at the mo, i have a beosound stage which is available from tysons for around £1k, its phenomenal, on my setup no lip sync issues, others on the stage forum report similar results so worth a listen i would suggest.

Philips wrote me that will be ready for sale within end of November....

Keeping my eyes on this, just looked at the specs from Philips for the B97 and it does look well featured.

If the specs are correct at 131 cm long it's a biggie though and I might have trouble slipping this past the wife (stop it at the back).

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom