NEWS: Philips introduces new OLED+936 and OLED+986 TVs

Did you get anything knocked off the full price , Don't answer if you don't want to, But i was offered a discount.

Looking forward to your reviews once up and running

I have my Kuro up for sale , But no one is really interested
Guess I was so exited I just ordered it online in case they ran out, I’ll let you know if any post delivery email gets a response. My fault, always ask at this time of year…
As for selling old TVs, I always keep my previous one just in case. Now have an even older PhIlips 40PFL9704 that goes back to 2010, so doubt I be able to sell it, hopefully, I can give it away as it’s a fully working local dimming backlight.

Last edited:
Also, while I’ve got Watch tag with email for this thread I didn’t get any notifications about any of the above posts mentioning availability. Anyone else have this issue? - I found turning the Watch tag off and back on works for a while but then stops again. Sod’s law that I last manually checked the forums and websites last Wednesday, oh well it’s, hopefully, on way its way :)
Yes, the notifications appear to self-mute if you don't visit a thread regularly. Going into the thread always resumes the notifications for me - I've not needed to unwatch/watch again.

Looking at the Price history of last years model, It wasn't really discounted that much over its life and i guess there won't be many left to sell in the UK now, But interesting to see the drop within a short time on going on sale unless the chart is not showing the full price history

It randomly fell into a Currys sale recently a month or so ago. I was 24hours of dithering away from buying the 48" for 1299.

It randomly fell into a Currys sale recently a month or so ago. I was 24hours of dithering away from buying the 48" for 1299.
I have the 48 and the 55 in my Ebay basket Via Currys Ebay shop and over 6 weeks there was £200 off a few times, Prefer RS for the 6 year warranty

Pulled the trigger on the 936, Richer Sounds in Glasgow were kind enough to knock a wee bit off. Comes tomorrow, I wouldn't say I'm the most knowledgeable about TVs but happy to share my impressions vs my old Panasonic G20 if anyone is interested.

Congrats on your new purchase @Johnnyfear .

I'd defo be interested in your impressions and any pics when you get it set up.
Did you get the chance to see it in store in Glasgow before buying ?

I'm after the 65 inch which doesn't seem to be in stock yet.

Congrats on your new purchase @Johnnyfear .

I'd defo be interested in your impressions and any pics when you get it set up.
Did you get the chance to see it in store in Glasgow before buying ?

I'm after the 65 inch which doesn't seem to be in stock yet.
No I didn't get a chance to see it in person yet, the manager indicated he only had five so I thought I'd strike while the iron was hot. It's also a birthday present to myself so I wanted it to arrive in time for that. Hopefully Vincent doesn't slate it next week 😂

Fantastic @Johnnyfear
I'm sure it will be a great upgrade from the Panasonic G20 and a great birthday present to yourself.

The Evo panel should help make a great picture and the sound should be top notch with the B&W soundbar.

I pre-ordered a 65 OLED 936 from Richer Sounds yesterday, they have nine coming into stock at the end of the month, I'm number two.

I will not be connecting the B&W sound bar, I will let the AV Receiver take care of the audio to the external speakers and use the Apple TV and Sky Q connected to the reciever too. I will connect the Xbox Series X directly to the TV though, so eARC might be interesting.

One of the things that i am interested in apart from the Picture, I am interested in the sound quality, I do watch a lot of Music DVDs, Mainly concerts , So would be interested how it sounds. I have a 5.1 Set up and it may become redundant

Congrats on your new purchase @Johnnyfear

Looking forward to hearing your thoughts , In the mean time, I am trying to sell my old Kuro
I don't think I can bear to part with my plasma, will probably put it in the loft in case there's a resurgence for gaming on the PS3/360 generation in future.

I pre-ordered a 65 OLED 936 from Richer Sounds yesterday, they have nine coming into stock at the end of the month, I'm number two.

I will not be connecting the B&W sound bar, I will let the AV Receiver take care of the audio to the external speakers and use the Apple TV and Sky Q connected to the reciever too. I will connect the Xbox Series X directly to the TV though, so eARC might be interesting.
Forza Horizon 5 should be a treat with that setup

Forza Horizon 5 is exactly my thinking, I just need to get a stand for the wheel and pedals, as I currently use them on my desk.

Pulled the trigger on the 936, Richer Sounds in Glasgow were kind enough to knock a wee bit off. Comes tomorrow, I wouldn't say I'm the most knowledgeable about TVs but happy to share my impressions vs my old Panasonic G20 if anyone is interested.
Is it in stock in the Glasgow store or did they just place the order for it to be delivered via their 3rd party courier? I might go and take a look if they have it on display.

Is it in stock in the Glasgow store or did they just place the order for it to be delivered via their 3rd party courier? I might go and take a look if they have it on display.
I believe they have it in stock but might be best to phone and check, it's 01412265551

For more information on the OLED+936 & OLED+986 we have posted a new thread: OLED+936 and OLED+986 – continuous improvements bring a new reference performance.
Richer Sounds does currently have very limited stock of the 55" model. Generally availability of both the 55" and 65" models should be in just over a week. With the 48" shortly afterwards
Prices are £1800 for the 48", £2100 for the 55" and £2999 for the 65".

Got my 936 today. After an extremely stressful half hour setting it up with a good friend I've now been trying it out. Put on a high quality bluray of Hard Boiled that looked great and was a clear upgrade from my old plasma. But the complete gamechanger is watching Guardians of the Galaxy 2 in 4K Dolby Vision. I'm completely blown away at how incredible it looks and that's without adjusting the settings. Also I love the Ambilight! Doing some updates atm because VRR wasn't selectable, played some RE3R to check out the HDR and it just looks cracking. I suppose I am upgrading from a decade old plasma so ymmv but I'm delighted with my new TV.

Got my 936 today. After an extremely stressful half hour setting it up with a good friend I've now been trying it out. Put on a high quality bluray of Hard Boiled that looked great and was a clear upgrade from my old plasma. But the complete gamechanger is watching Guardians of the Galaxy 2 in 4K Dolby Vision. I'm completely blown away at how incredible it looks and that's without adjusting the settings. Also I love the Ambilight! Doing some updates atm because VRR wasn't selectable, played some RE3R to check out the HDR and it just looks cracking. I suppose I am upgrading from a decade old plasma so ymmv but I'm delighted with my new TV.
I have the 706. To enable VRR you have to make sure Optimal (Auto Game) is selected for that HDMI port under Settings - General settings - HDMI Ultra HD. Of course you also have to make sure the HDMI port your game console is connected to is one of the HDMI 2.1 ports.

I have the 706. To enable VRR you have to make sure Optimal (Auto Game) is selected for that HDMI port under Settings - General settings - HDMI Ultra HD. Of course you also have to make sure the HDMI port your game console is connected to is one of the HDMI 2.1 ports.
Yeah that was the issue. Still getting used to the new menus.

If anyone has an nVidia Shield Pro I'd love to hear how Disney+ and Amazon work streaming HDR, as with my POS9002 currently the HDR gets completely washed out and I haven't found a way to fix it, I'm hoping this won't suffer the same fate (maybe DV fixes it)

Anyone got their new TV yet ?, Looking forward to hearing the reviews

Anyone got their new TV yet ?, Looking forward to hearing the reviews
Don't know about anyone else but I'm still in love with mine. Watching some Japanese Columbo blurays atm

Attachments

• PXL_20211022_084816102.MP.jpg
    PXL_20211022_084816102.MP.jpg
    284.1 KB · Views: 124

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom