NEWS: Philips introduces new OLED+936 and OLED+986 TVs

rodthenod

Standard Member
Hi Guys I’ve been following the threads for months along with checks for 806 77” but had to put that aside 30 minutes ago after seeing RS £700.00 off voucher so bagged the 65” 936 via my local shop in Edinburgh I was told there are 8 due in early November I’ve got the 7th so hurry if you been like me and waiting for a dream price. Price I’ve paid £2299

goonerbyron

For what it’s worth I got confirmation from Richer Sounds by email that they will refund the difference if it’s any cheaper during Black Friday, can’t imagine it will be though!

Simba

Distinguished Member
Richer Sounds are selling the 65" for £2299 & the 55" for £1799 using respective codes RSTV700 & RSTV300 😲

Incredible price for the 65inch....

Really want this but would look too odd with my current centre speaker and a soundbar LOL....

HouseofMu

Really want this but would look too odd with my current centre speaker and a soundbar LOL....
You do realise that RicherSounds £2299 for last years 935 model? the new 936 is the full rrp of £2999 Philips 65OLED936

Ooops. ...and I didnt realise theres a code that can be applied!

Bought ! :)

Last edited:

Prime Time

Ordered the 65OLED936 from Richer sounds today at £2299 with the voucher code. I was told that I'm 9th in the queue with DTA early November

Clock'd 0ne

For what it’s worth I got confirmation from Richer Sounds by email that they will refund the difference if it’s any cheaper during Black Friday, can’t imagine it will be though!

I reckon now they've put this code out for us early adopters the reductions on BF will be older models/stock to shift and this will remain at a higher price. It would seem crazy to discount it again on top when its not even hit the stores.

Simba

Distinguished Member
Yeh I can't see this dropping in price below £2299
I reckon now they've put this code out for us early adopters the reductions on BF will be older models/stock to shift and this will remain at a higher price. It would seem crazy to discount it again on top when its not even hit the stores.

MikeyGold

Standard Member

The sound bar can be removed completely, this is what I will be doing, as I too will be using my existing speaker set up.

malctAN

New 55 inch ordered , Thank you to Felix at Richer sounds for your help over the last year trying to get a deal, This is perfect

Customer service is the best that you could ask for.

RT1185

Standard Member
Hi Guys I’ve been following the threads for months along with checks for 806 77” but had to put that aside 30 minutes ago after seeing RS £700.00 off voucher so bagged the 65” 936 via my local shop in Edinburgh I was told there are 8 due in early November I’ve got the 7th so hurry if you been like me and waiting for a dream price. Price I’ve paid £2299
Hi Rod, I've been doing exactly the same!

If the 936 was available in the 77" guise, it would be no brainer.

It seems both the 65" 936 and 77" 806 are significantly discounted atm. RS currently has a whopping £1000 of the 77" 806 bringing it down from £3999 to £2999!

Just a heads up in case you haven't taken delivery and the bigger TV is still a consideration!

If you stick with the 936, I would be really interested to know your thoughts as to why as I currently have the same dilemma!

Cheers

Prime Time

I have personally gone with the 65OLED+936.

I am upgrading from a 2014 Sony 55X8505B so the 65 inch model will be a significant upgrade for me in size, picture and sound quality.

My AV unit is a BDI OLA 8137 which could just about accomodate the 77 inch 806 but I feel that the 65OLED+936 with the brighter EVO Panel and the B&W soundbar represents the better value option for me given what I'm upgrading from.

If you already have a dedicated soundbar/audio system and a 65 inch TV which you're upgrading then I guess its a much tougher choice as the bigger screen size is a very compelling option.
£2999 is a fantastic price for the 77OLED806 with the voucher code from RS.

It seems both the 65" 936 and 77" 806 are significantly discounted atm. RS currently has a whopping £1000 of the 77" 806 bringing it down from £3999 to £2999!

Just a heads up in case you haven't taken delivery and the bigger TV is still a consideration!

If you stick with the 936, I would be really interested to know your thoughts as to why as I currently have the same dilemma!

Cheers

technicalfreak

Standard Member
I’m going to buy this tv too but can’t decide on the size. I’m coming from an 11 year old 32in.

Can someone give me a pointer please?
Wall to wall the width of the room is 3.2m and I’ll be wall mounting with the sofa up against the opposite wall.

I’m guessing the 65 won’t be too big? Or would the 55 be better?
Any help is greatly appreciated, ty.

MikeyGold

Standard Member
I’m going to buy this tv too but can’t decide on the size. I’m coming from an 11 year old 32in.

Wall to wall the width of the room is 3.2m and I’ll be wall mounting with the sofa up against the opposite wall.

65" will be massive in comparison to a 32", but wall mounting them really saves space. 65" will not be too big for the room, but intially it will look to big, you will soon get used to it.

goonerbyron

Assuming you mean the distance between you and the TV will be around 3.2m, you’ll be fine.. The 65 definitely won’t be too big.

You can check out the RTings viewing distance calculator/explanation here -

I am 8-9ft away from the TV and have ordered the 65’ upgrading from a 55’ and also hoping it won’t feel too big.

technicalfreak

Standard Member
Thanks Mikey and Lee… 65’ seems to be the general consensus from rt and other sources.

I know it’s going to be a big jump lol when I pop round families houses and they have 65’ I’m always like whoa.

Thanks again - looking forward to the long overdue upgrade.

rodthenod

Standard Member

Cheers
Thanks RT1185 I've a few things to think about now. I'm no AV expert but the obvious benefit of a larger screen would normally be a no brainer but the 936 spec could still be the best for me. I hope Vincent reviews it soon.
My dilemma is my current Panasonic 50" Plasma is looking smaller through my aging eyes and its on its own AV stand bringing it a further 2 feet into the room from the wall which the new tv will get mounted on my hope is that with ambilight it should fill the wall with the illusion the tv is bigger and taking up wall space and less stain on the eyes.
I would be interested to know how good the 936 soundbar is as i had to replace my yamaha Amp last year with Sony strdn1080 and I still require a new speaker setup if 936 is as good as i hope it is that may clinch it for me not to contact RS

technicalfreak

Standard Member
Thanks RT1185 I've a few things to think about now. I'm no AV expert but the obvious benefit of a larger screen would normally be a no brainer but the 936 spec could still be the best for me. I hope Vincent reviews it soon.
My dilemma is my current Panasonic 50" Plasma is looking smaller through my aging eyes and its on its own AV stand bringing it a further 2 feet into the room from the wall which the new tv will get mounted on my hope is that with ambilight it should fill the wall with the illusion the tv is bigger and taking up wall space and less stain on the eyes.
I would be interested to know how good the 936 soundbar is as i had to replace my yamaha Amp last year with Sony strdn1080 and I still require a new speaker setup if 936 is as good as i hope it is that may clinch it for me not to contact RS
Vincent has done a first look with a pre production model, have you seen that?

MALANT

Standard Member
Hi, just taken the offer from RS on the 65
1st flagship TV I would have ever bought can't wait for it to arrive.
Had decided this was the one. I was after an all in one solution for home cinema experience in a clean wall mounted setup.
Seems like a great offer from RS that won't be beaten come black Friday.
Actually the same price as 935 is being sold for right now as retailers try to dump it.
Was told 2nd week if November is when they expect delivery.
Forgot to ask my position on list but judging from previous posters position I imagine I will be in the 1st shipment. Ordered Sunday 12.00.
Saved so much I got a Panasonic 820 blueray to complete the deal and got discount on that as well.

Can't wait to hear how this TV sounds
Didnt want to go down the road of speakers dotted around the room and having to hide all the extra wires and having all the extra enclosers on sight or having to find hiding places for them.

(taken from Andy's quotes)
B&W have changed/upgraded all drivers, mountings and motor asseblies over last year model and new higher quality crossover components.
All three tweeters have new, improved surrounds and all four mid-range drivers have upgraded voice coils.
Atmos Elevation units also have new, improved profiles to their cones and repositioned.
New Bass driver with stiffer 100mm x 65mm cone and more powerful magnet assembly.

There's quite a list of changes to a sound that impressed so much from last year.
Cant doubt B&W's commitment to the project.

Last edited:

AdtAdt57

Hey everyone.
Can this tv be used without its soundbar?
The 936 certainly can as I didn't connect it and should be the same for the 938, you will obviously need a VESA stand or wall mount, see my answer in the following thread:

maik096

Novice Member
Examples - 55OLED936

Unfortunately the anti burn in algorithms (ABL and ASBL) are too aggressive and are not (separately) configurable, you can only choose between all the algorithms on or off.

Last edited:

The latest video from AVForums

Podcast: The Best TVs of 2021, plus our favourite & memorable reviews of the year
Subscribe to our YouTube channel

Latest News

AVForums Podcast: 8th December 2021
  • By Phil Hinton
  • Published
Cabasse adds Apple AirPlay to Pearl Collection speakers
  • By Andy Bassett
  • Published
Vestel launches TV remote app for 50 TV brands
  • By Andy Bassett
  • Published
Velodyne shipping new MicroVee X compact subwoofer in UK