NEWS: Philips debuts fifth generation P5 Picture Processing Suite

THX1138UK

The silence is deafening!

I just don't think AVForum members are the slightest bit interested in any Picture Processing AI nonsense. All the manufactures promote it (it's not just Philips), but were a stubborn bunch and we just turn it all off in pursuit of a 'reference' image. You know - the way it's supposed to look...

Regards,
James.

AVtest

The silence is deafening!

I just don't think AVForum members are the slightest bit interested in any Picture Processing AI nonsense. All the manufactures promote it (it's not just Philips), but were a stubborn bunch and we just turn it all off in pursuit of a 'reference' image. You know - the way it's supposed to look...

Regards,
James.
First of all, for many people this P5 AI glory is not even available, a little bit discrimination here as even so called premium lcd models been left with P5 gen1(or gen2 cant remember now) junk.... And whilst all these picture enhancing features there to help we get junk hardware which can't deliver required performance. Hence in most cases you just switch them off :rotfl: And then 2021 line up comes where AI becomes available in LCD models but Philips in its ultimate wisdom slaps prices near OLED tv's :facepalm:

alfa159

but Philips because it does not fix the problems that many of its customers have of pixlleted image and really huge image quality problems in both HDR and Dolby vision before putting the new TV on the market I as a former Philips customer will never buy Philips again

sbato

but Philips because it does not fix the problems that many of its customers have of pixlleted image and really huge image quality problems in both HDR and Dolby vision before putting the new TV on the market I as a former Philips customer will never buy Philips again
That's it. I don't care at all of their new lineup, new processors, or whatever. I want my issues fixed

The latest video from AVForums

Podcast: Large Screen HDR TV or Projector For Home Cinema + Best of the Month
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom