NEWS: Philips announces 806, 856 and 706 OLED TVs for 2021

Yeah, but you could loose some essential detail the director put into the last 2 mm of the screen …

In Latvia 65 inch 706 costs 1970 Euro, but 806 is 2300

I agree you probably won't notice the pixel shifting without knowing to look for it. The problem is that if you do know about it, you can't really unsee it and it might get distracting when focusing on a film or a game. There is still no option to turn it off, right?

They probably won't let you turn it off, because they don't want their support and service centers overrun with complaints about panels with burn-in issues. Philips is not Lg and they don't replace panels like napkins.

At this stage it comes natural to ask:

The reason why our friend @Noblegamer is yet to comment on the set is because:

a) He's livid by the poor picture quality and threw the set out of the window
b) He's so impressed that he's pretty much sleeping with the 806

We are waiting :)

Glad to hear that :)

Since the OLED+936 will have a 30ms input lag due to the additional image processing chip, the 806 is the set I will have to go for, even if it has no EVO Panel.

Quick summary for today:
+Good build quality,
+nice remote,
+great speaker,
+great for gaming(PS5)
+bright and vivid colors
+ambilight

• feet are way to low
  • PS5 Control issues If you turn on the PS5 by your TV(can't scroll left and right in the menus)

So far I'm impressed by the TV. But keep in mind this is my First OLED TV and you should not judge the TV on my experience because it will be different If you already owned an OLED an can compare it with other Oleds you had.

For the SOC:
Checked Aida 64.
Hardware is a MT5895
3gb RAM
Core architecture 4ARM Cortex A73@ 1800 MHZ
GPU Renderer: Mali-G52

Played also a few 4k Test Demos from YouTube and the comparison from the greek where the Philips was not as colorful als the Panasonic. Well this is just setting issue.

Don't why the Philips colors looked so washed out in His comparison but the TV also has vivid bright colors like the Panasonic.

The 706 looks interesting, £1399 for the 55" and £1799 for the 65" on richersounds - hdmi 2.1 x2, 120hz, ALLM, VRR, plus ambilight - just a shame it's running the old android TV and not the current Google TV!

I note that this is your first Oled, however, would you recommend this TV.

Your comments about the TV are, cautious and not overly gushing (which is fine of course)

I can't recommend this TV If I don't know what the purpose should be.

If you own a Xbox Series X for example don't buy this TV because at the moment it only supports Dolby Vision and HDR at 60HZ.

Also consider that this TV only has two full HDMI 2.1 Ports. For me that's enough. I only have a PS5 and I will upgrade my PC later with a HDMI 2.1 graphics card.

So If you need more HDMI 2.1 ports you better go with LG.

I've only tested the TV with gaming on my PS5 watching 4k Uhds/4k content from youtube.

If you want a TV with ambilight, much lower input lag than the 935(36ms vs 15,1ms) give this TV a shot.

But you need to keep in mind that because It's been recently released so It's obviously more expensive than LG. But you get a good build in speaker, 4 sided ambilight, quality remote,
bright picture.

Or If you don't believe just wait for another review.😉

If you own a Xbox Series X for example don't buy this TV because at the moment it only supports Dolby Vision and HDR at 60HZ.

Also consider that this TV only has two full HDMI 2.1 Ports. For me that's enough. I only have a PS5 and I will upgrade my PC later with a HDMI 2.1 graphics card.

I've only tested the TV with gaming on my PS5 watching 4k Uhds/4k content from youtube.

If you want a TV with ambilight, much lower input lag than the 935(36ms vs 15,1ms) give this TV a shot.

But you need to keep in mind that because It's been recently released so It's obviously more expensive than LG. But you get a good build in speaker, 4 sided ambilight, quality remote,
bright picture.

Only 2 hdmi 2.1? Previous comments said 4.
You cant put the TV in 120Hz HDR over HDMI 2.1?

bright picture.

Thanks for this

It has two full HDMI 2.1 ports at 120HZ. Not four.

I'm talking about Dolby Vision120HZ not generally HDR.

Currently the only brand that supports dolby vision at 120HZ is LG. Philips does currently Dolby Vision at 60HZ and nobody knows If there will be an update or If It's even possible with the chipset.

Attachments

• IMG_20210713_113434.jpg
    IMG_20210713_113434.jpg
    83.1 KB · Views: 341
I ordered the 48" 806 on the 2nd July from Amazon. With a bit of luck it should arrive before the 6th August 🤞.

For the SOC:
Checked Aida 64.
Hardware is a MT5895
3gb RAM
Core architecture 4ARM Cortex A73@ 1800 MHZ
GPU Renderer: Mali-G52
Hi is it for you possible to make a picture of the Aida 64 output?
Just to have all the info visible? That would be helpful. Thanks in advance!

I just ordered 55OLED806 from LDLC. They're in stock!
Grab 'em while you can :) Price is fair enough.

48" and 65" is also in stock:

Only delivery in France (métropolitaine), Belgique, Monaco, Espagne. though...

Last edited:

Attachments

• IMG_20210720_223303.jpg
    IMG_20210720_223303.jpg
    169.5 KB · Views: 331
  • IMG_20210720_223317.jpg
    IMG_20210720_223317.jpg
    157 KB · Views: 326
  • IMG_20210720_223345.jpg
    IMG_20210720_223345.jpg
    164.6 KB · Views: 305

The latest video from AVForums