NEWS: Philips announces 806, 856 and 706 OLED TVs for 2021

These look lovely. Nice to see such a broad range of sizes. Nice to see HDMI 2.1 finally implemented on Philips TVs. This now puts them at the top of my TV OLED list. I'm probably due a new one this year and it looks at first glance that I'll be moving from LG to Philips. Will have to wait on the reviews of course and see how good they are.

Thanks, looking for a new TV around October/November this year so will be interested in the review on these and I do like the minimal bezel on a TV so pending on cost one of these could be in the running (77 inch version....)

Finally, 4-sided ambilight along with HDMI 2.1!

These look lovely. Nice to see such a broad range of sizes. Nice to see HDMI 2.1 finally implemented on Philips TVs. This now puts them at the top of my TV OLED list. I'm probably due a new one this year and it looks at first glance that I'll be moving from LG to Philips. Will have to wait on the reviews of course and see how good they are.
Just be sure to check they have fixed the no 4K from some inbuilt apps issue by then...

Does that mean the high-end 935 will be the only one without HDMI 2.1? It would be an odd situation if so.

Jesus Praise GIF by MOODMAN

HDMI 2.1.........

Great hdmi2.1 is getting rolled out, especially full bandwidth, shame they can’t do as LG have and provide 4, but hey, 2 is better than 1/none..
I’d assume all manufacturers are doing the same, maybe chipset supply issues still going on with Covid

Last edited:
These looks great. HDMI 2.1, 4 sided ambilight, good complement of screen sizes, even slimmer design. Just hope the pricing doesn't increase.

Can see my friend buying one of these, he's been desperate for a 77" OLED that lights up. Save him having to tape some leds to the back of his sets.

Wonder if they'll do a new flagship later in the year with the brighter/more efficient panels.

I hope they do a flagship equivalent option without the fancy soundbar.

Seems I might be getting closer to moving on from plasma.

Always had an eye on one of the Phillips models as they have won the shot outs that AVforums have hosted in the past.
However its always been the input lag or recent lack of 2.1 that has made them a non starter for me so far.
It will be interesting to see the reviews and input lag tests this year to see if they have become a sensible choice for gamers going forward.

Looking forward to this - been holding off replacing my ageing non-HDR 4k Panasonic and doing away with the Hue Sync box to go all in with an Ambilight set with the latest 2.1 specs. Hoping pricing will be reasonable

Nice looking sets. Before my current UHD LG OLED I had a 1080P Philips Aurea and it was a thing of great beauty physically. It did have a few minor issues but nothing I couldn't live with. I do miss the ambilight. If these new Philips models did 3D I would consider an upgrade but alas that option is only available from the projector market now. If my current LG OLED breaks irreperably (Universe forbid!) I may consider one of these as a hot contender for a replacement.

However its always been the input lag or recent lack of 2.1 that has made them a non starter for me so far.
It will be interesting to see the reviews and input lag tests this year to see if they have become a sensible choice for gamers going forward.
Philips quoted 18ms for input lag in their presentation today. We will obviously double-check this when we get review samples.

Philips quoted 18ms for input lag in their presentation today. We will obviously double-check this when we get review samples.
Well some home improvements this year are giving me license to replace my Samsung Q9FN , I was thinking of going for an LG OLED but this changes the game. Have to say Ambilight is another draw. look forward to hearing more.

Just be sure to check they have fixed the no 4K from some inbuilt apps issue by then...
Thanks for the heads up on that it's good to know. I would use my Apple TV 4K anyway. It doesn't matter to me what apps or OS any of the TV's have as I would always use that.

I'm interested in the Philips 706 OLED, hopefully it will the affordable category when released.
A potential budget rival to LG/Panasonic and Sony lower end OLED's

Looking forward to the review @Phil Hinton

Always enjoyed the ambilight and the picture processing on Philips TVs, I loved my 21:9 sets until the last one went pop after only 18months and was uneconomical to repair!! Now there is a 77" OLED with ambilight I might be tempted to upgrade my LG G6, but there is also an 83" Sony Oled coming, do the extra 6" outweigh the ambilight and processing, although Sony processing is also usually pretty good too. And can I accept the loss of 3D?

Wonder if Philips will launch any OLED’s in 2021 with HDMI 2.1 but also with the B&W speaker bar?

Wonder if Philips will launch any OLED’s in 2021 with HDMI 2.1 but also with the B&W speaker bar?
Philips usually launch their flagship OLED at IFA in late August/early September.

Philips usually launch their flagship OLED at IFA in late August/early September.

OK. Hopefully we'll hear something later in the year then.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom