NEWS: Philips announces 806, 856 and 706 OLED TVs for 2021

I've been holding back buying a new Philips TV until HDMI 2.1 is included, so this year will definitely be replacing my 7181. Also time to replace my PS3 with a PS5, that is when Sony can meet the demand!

I was about to buy the 805 but waiting for the 806 now. Probably wait until later in the year maybe Black Friday or similar

What price range do we think the 706 55" will fit into? With the 806 coming in around £1500, the 706 should be quite a bit less, to distinguish the two.

Hi guys, any info or guess about the OLED806 77'' price?

Great news, I'm watching this space and hopefully upgrade my old 49PUS6401 to 806/856.

Fifth generation P5 processor: Philips TVs as you've never seen them before

So the OLED806 available from July in Italy? Around the same time for the UK hopefully, if not a little sooner.

I don't think that there was many 2020 OLEDS for sale, Not many suppliers and Richer sounds was always waiting to restock . I am also looking towards the latter end of the year before buying. Listening to Vince, He said that Normally the new TVs are out in the spring with a sale in June with the lowest point in Black friday

2021 Philips OLED806 series are launched in Europe - specifications and features

120Hz confirmed and they finally updated the page on the Philips UK website to reflect this:

2021 Philips OLED806 series are launched in Europe - specifications and features
Awesome, just waiting on prices and release date now. I’m hoping the 856 will be available here too, as it gives more room for a sound bar. I’ve never owned a Philips tv before, but this looks like it ticks all the boxes for me, especially as it now has HDMI 2.1 and all the gaming features.

Philips always does well in the blind shootouts (admittedly run by Philips), I’m surprised there’s not more discussion on these models, this thread is only at three pages long for example.

Philips always does well in the blind shootouts (admittedly run by Philips), I’m surprised there’s not more discussion on these models, this thread is only at three pages long for example.
This surprises me as well, it seems that those after an OLED look at LG, Sony and Panasonic (in no particular order) but I want to replace my 15-year old Ambilight TV and as they say, once you try Ambilight you don't look back.

I know there are LED strips for no-Philips TV but all I found look sort of cheap.

Besides, all reviews I've seen for the OLED+ 935 which was the high end model in 2020 were full of praise for the set so just like you, now that the new models are gamer-friendly I'm keeping a very close eye on the 806 or wait a little longer for the successor of the OLED+ 935 which should be equipped with the LG Evo Panel.

Only thing I’m slightly concerned with as a gamer is that early reports on 2021 LG OLED’s suggest the VRR gamma shift issue that affected 2019/20 OLED’s hasn’t been fixed and is inherent in the panel, which means it will presumably affect all 2021 OLED’s as LG supplies the panels to all manufacturers.

Will have to see what reviewers say before taking the plunge I think!

Besides, all reviews I've seen for the OLED+ 935 which was the high end model in 2020 were full of praise for the set so just like you, now that the new models are gamer-friendly I'm keeping a very close eye on the 806 or wait a little longer for the successor of the OLED+ 935 which should be equipped with the LG Evo Panel.
I’ll be waiting for Black Friday regardless. Hopefully they’ll announce a high end model with the EVO panel but without the sound bar, that will be perfect

I’ll be waiting for Black Friday regardless. Hopefully they’ll announce a high end model with the EVO panel but without the sound bar, that will be perfect

To be fair, Philips OLED are already brighter than LGs Evo panel appears to be and that's using the standards LG panels.

This surprises me as well, it seems that those after an OLED look at LG, Sony and Panasonic (in no particular order) but I want to replace my 15-year old Ambilight TV and as they say, once you try Ambilight you don't look back.

I know there are LED strips for no-Philips TV but all I found look sort of cheap.

Philips is seen as a "cheap" brand now due to its TV division being Chinese owned. Also the lack of US presence means the likes of Rtings ignore Philips so when people Google "best TV" they are often hit with US centric reviews of the big 3.

Philips OLED 936: The Big OLED Of 2021

In the meantime they win another award:

I believe it's the second already, I wonder if the picture will match the design.

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom