NEWS: Panasonic unveils its 2022 OLED and Core LED TV collection

Another result of the bobbins idea to put the smaller screen sizes into the step-up categories 🤦‍♂️

I was about to say the AV community should set our own regulation body to hold these big companies accountable … but all the Sony , LG and Samsung fanboys would just turn it into a fight club lol

Yes that’s true about screen sizes sorry for the omission .

From my understanding the G2’s heat dissipation helps with near black handling I forgot that won’t be the case for smaller screens .

I do hope both Sony and Panasonic have fine tuned things around the soc problems . It’s going to be a bitter taste in the mouth buying a £4K tv otherwise lol

no need to apologize I'm lost with all these panel types and sizes at this point, actually never realized that the heatsink could help with near black handling also, there's so much talk of the improved brightness always.

4K is a big investment, I think you gotta make sure its the right TV otherwise your wife/wallet won't ever forgive you.

no need to apologize I'm lost with all these panel types and sizes at this point, actually never realized that the heatsink could help with near black handling also, there's so much talk of the improved brightness always.

4K is a big investment, I think you gotta make sure its the right TV otherwise your wife/wallet won't ever forgive you.

Hahah - Having ‘wife’ and ‘wallet’ as synonyms is the peak of English language 😂

I'm in the market (impatiently) for LZ1500 @65', do we have any info if those going to be released early next month or I need to brace myself with more patience?

Any owners yet of their new OLED range this year. Interesting to hear any noticeable improvement over last years.

I'm in the market (impatiently) for LZ1500 @65', do we have any info if those going to be released early next month or I need to brace myself with more patience?
After much indecisiveness I'm waiting for the 55LZ2000 release.

After much indecisiveness I'm waiting for the 55LZ2000 release.
Glad to hear you’ve made a decision !

I’ve also decided not to cheap-out and go for the 2021 Panasonic oled models .

Now it’s choosing a size and whether I’m gonna go for the lz2000 or a95K

All the best !

Glad to hear you’ve made a decision !

I’ve also decided not to cheap-out and go for the 2021 Panasonic oled models .

Now it’s choosing a size and whether I’m gonna go for the lz2000 or a95K

All the best !
I think the price swung it, with the 55LZ2000 expected to be £2,300 and the A95K expected to be a fair bit more £

Considering the 65LZ1500, amongst other TV's, because this one covers all the formats from DV to HDR10+, having been a Samsung only purchaser. Some retailers have already posted up prices of £2299.99 which I feel is a good price Panasonic TX-65LZ1500B 65
Need some proper reviews before I make a choice though..

Last edited:
Seems from the article both LZ1000, 1500 and 2000 will have heatsinks. That is the right way.

Seems from the article both LZ1000, 1500 and 2000 will have heatsinks. That is the right way.
Yep, that's certainly a step in the right direction in terms of upgrading your lineup. They missed a key opportunity though: There is no 77" inch LZ 1500 or 1000 :(

Yep, that's certainly a step in the right direction in terms of upgrading your lineup. They missed a key opportunity though: There is no 77" inch LZ 1500 or 1000 :(

I think they have got their strategy wrong with the 77" if I'm honest. Most people I know who own a TV that size also have a very good sound system to go with it. Would have been better doing it as the 1500 version. While I could also be wrong, that's just my thoughts.

I think they have got their strategy wrong with the 77" if I'm honest. Most people I know who own a TV that size also have a very good sound system to go with it. Would have been better doing it as the 1500 version. While I could also be wrong, that's just my thoughts.
Exactly my thinking as well... on the other hand: I still can't wrap my head around how anybody can buy a TV for ~4000 bucks (65" 2000-series) and not even care enough for sound to buy at least a seperate soundbar... and this strategy seems to work as well so what do I know? 😅

Does anyone know if the LZ's will use DV and/or HDR10+ gaming?

Last edited:
Guys, what country of manufacture is indicated on the sticker on the back?

Earlier there was information that Panasonic gives the production of budget TV to TCL factories.
And what about the situation with the OLED plant in the Czech Republic?
It seems there is still a factory in Taiwan and Malaysia ?

Guys, what country of manufacture is indicated on the sticker on the back?

Earlier there was information that Panasonic gives the production of budget TV to TCL factories.
And what about the situation with the OLED plant in the Czech Republic?
It seems there is still a factory in Taiwan and Malaysia ?
They still aren't out yet so...

Just looked at pricing of this years and last years models. The 65” JZ1500 is currently £1500 but the JZ2000 is a whopping £1100 more at £2600. The 65” LZ2000 appears to be £2900 and the 77” £4300.

From this, I’m taking it that the 2000 model doesn’t drop much in price through the year. But that’s a lot of money to pay just for better audio, and a shame that those of us wanting the 77” model but not necessarily the better audio will have to pay so much.

Additionally though, what a bargain for a 65” with a heatsink for £1500.

Last edited:
Just looked at pricing of this years and last years models. The 65” JZ1500 is currently £1500 but the JZ2000 is a whopping £1100 more at £2600. The 65” LZ2000 appears to be £2900 and the 77” £4300.

From this, I’m taking it that the 2000 model doesn’t drop much in price through the year. But that’s a lot of money to pay just for better audio, and a shame that those of us wanting the 77” model but not necessarily the better audio will have to pay so much.

The prices do go down throughout the year, but you’re probably better off looking elsewhere for a 77” this model year. Shame Panasonic are making the same mistake as a couple of years ago and forcing you to buy the one with a sound system any AV enthusiast won’t need

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom