NEWS: Panasonic launches JZ1500, JZ1000 and JZ980 OLEDs for 2021

Normally during market launch time there should be reviews, articles etc every single day. Still nothing on every communication channel from Panasonic nor press members etc

Working sample, is not same as retail model.Sample have some hand made parts.
There are not a single retail models, from Czech factory.No retail model,no reviews,no press.

Normally during market launch time there should be reviews, articles etc every single day. Still nothing on every communication channel from Panasonic nor press members etc
The Sony A90J and LG EVO G1 didn't get their first reviews until release date in the USA, Europe and UK. And quite a lot of reviews weren't for several weeks after release. The Sony A90J still hasn't been reviewed here on avforums.

Post covid you aren't going to get loads of early reviews. As the manufacturers aren't shipping out tv's weeks early to reviewers like they used to. And some reviewers have to buy the tv on release date just like us.

We can either take a chance pre-ordering or wait a month or so after release for reviews and user feedback.

Anyone here knowing french? :p what does he talk about around 10:00 mark when he shows this screen? Why is it only showing SDR 8-bit in 120 Hz?

If I remember correctly, he is saying that the windows’ control panel is displaying a value of 2160 horizontal lines, but in reality the TV only displays 1080 horizontal lines.
This will be corrected by a firmware update (he doesn’t know when).

There are subtitles in youtube review,but this is some strange review, like they were rushing to the plane.

I have UK subtitles.
Too much marketing stuff.
He talks so fast, it's hard to listen to him.
Apart from the numbers, we didn't see anything worth paying attention to.

Last edited:
I have UK subtitles.
Too much marketing stuff.
He talks so fast, it's hard to listen to him.

No option for UK subtitles on that YouTube video on my phone. It only gives me the option for French generated captions.

Anyway doesn't sound like a useful video if you say it's mostly marketing talk in it.

Only numbers,no talking about real picture quality,near blacks,motions,heat sink and.................

Looks like just another boutique reviewer who doesn't know how to review TVs. We'll just have to wait for proper reviews.

That guy was weird, don't know why Panasonic chose him to send their new flagship before anybody else, to 'review' in French with no English subtitles.

962 cd / m² - FilmmakerMode

In FilmMaker mode, the peak brightness measured at 962 cd / m² is quite simply the best on an OLED television to date. With a peak brightness of around 800 cd / m², the latest Oled televisions from LG - the 65G1 - and from Sony - the 65X90J - equipped with the new Oled LG Display panel, which is supposed to be brighter, cannot compete with the JZ2000. This difference may seem anecdotal, but it still represents a significant gain of 20% which brings a real plus in HDR and further improves the dynamics of the image.

In Dynamic image mode, the brightness peak is impressive since the television is flashed at 1250 cd / m² over a short period of time since the brightness then returns quickly enough to below 1000 cd / m². The television cannot support this brightness for very long and the EOTF curve is not respected with a brightness systematically greater (in gray) than that requested (in yellow). The Sony A90J Oled TV was also flashed to around 1250 cd / m², but the latter does not offer the same level of brightness in its most faithful mode.

Asakura: “America and China prefer large screens, but Japan and Europe value the quality of small cinemas. The overall goal is that Oled is popular.
Toyoshima: Overall, the market for large screen TVs is increasing. In particular, North America and China are regions where the screen magnification rate is high, but Japan and Europe do not change that much due to lifestyle. This is why “quality” is so important. "

1623435118120.png

I’m not sure if the UK retailer pricing is accurate currently but I am surprised to see a £500 difference between the 65 JZ1500 and JZ2000, I was expecting it to be much wider.

If an upgrade were on the cards I always imagined I’d go for the JZ1500. But for the extra, the JZ2000 is piquing my interest somewhat.

Right now I have a Yamaha YSP2700 7.1 soundbar, and with my Panasonic FZ802 OLED I do frustratingly notice lip sync issues. These seem common for a lot of TV’s and I’ve seen it mentioned when I was looking into LG sets too.

With the JZ2000 having the speaker system onboard I presume this will likely bypass such annoying issues (any GZ/HZ2000 owners clarify that?). I’d need a sub to beef it up some more, but right now I am just day dreaming. 🤤

I’m eager for more news on both the JZ1500 and JZ2000, hopefully we get some more in-depth and technical UK coverage soon.

It’s pretty nice to see the Filmmaker mode 960nits get posted above. There’s another thread here discussing recent year’s Panasonic models having some stutter issues with DV playback, I’d like to know how the JZ range handles this. Then I want to know if Panasonic has a game mode with HGiG or an equivilant option to hard clip.

Heres an unboxing (in English) of a JZ2000 and first view:

if you dont like random links, its posted by user hxos plus on youtube, title is

Panasonic JZ2000 OLED TV unboxing, hands-on, first look and gaming test​

Second half of June and still nothing. Panasonic is crazy. One week ago JZ2000 in Slovakia online stores and silence.

Yes EURO tournament has started and still no delivery update :-/

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom