NEWS: Panasonic launches JZ1500, JZ1000 and JZ980 OLEDs for 2021

clnthl

Hmmm I’m now wondering if it’s worth the hassle just for 2.1 HDMI

Presuming my price range will only cater for the 980, but it looks like it has the chunky speaker grill at the bottom, or add more money for the 1000.
My estimates price wise based on the leaked euro prices a few pages back would be.

65" JZ980 circa £2600
65" JZ1000 circa £2850

Just to confirm neither the 980 or 1000 has the speaker grill if that's what you're worried about. New features for this year would be the 2x HDMI 2.1 ports + slightly upgraded processor + Game Mode extreme (if you're into gaming).
Just my opinion but I would say if you're not much of a gamer then HDMI 2.1 and game mode extreme aren't going to be a huge benefit. If you are a game it may be worth considering and then it would be down to if you want to stretch for the JZ1000 and that slightly brighter EVO panel.

Saxo Appeal

Distinguished Member
Yeh I’m into gaming, not a massive gamer though...play the likes of COD, Valhalla, GTA, RDR etc

JL have said they will pick up the TV on Thursday, so I have time to contemplate...

Price wise I’d be happy with either £26.. or £28.... but will the other half enjoy watching the old 55 till June haha

Evil Engineer

Just my opinion but I would say if you're not much of a gamer then HDMI 2.1 and game mode extreme aren't going to be a huge benefit. If you are a game it may be worth considering and then it would be down to if you want to stretch for the JZ1000 and that slightly brighter EVO panel.
Is this confirmed?

I could have the wrong end of the stick, but I was working on the assumption that the JZ1000 had the "standard" panel and the JZ1500 & JZ2000 had the "EVO" panel plus the custom heatsink.

golden phoenix

Distinguished Member
Well! the JZ1500 would be perfect, not in the least bit bothered about the VRR, not really bothered about the lack of 77" set as the 65" is about the perfect size for me........

What I am bothered about is I can't buy it, because Panasonic don't do TV's in the USA anymore!
Panasonic will be selling in the USA via Value Electronics in NYC , not sure which models, and they will ship anywhere in the USA.

clnthl

Is this confirmed?

I could have the wrong end of the stick, but I was working on the assumption that the JZ1000 had the "standard" panel and the JZ1500 & JZ2000 had the "EVO" panel plus the custom heatsink.
Not 100% confirmed but going off the infographic on the article.
the jz980 has just the standard oled logo
The jz1000 has a different master hdr oled logo.
The jz1500 and jz2000 have the master hdr professional edition logo.
This appears to be the only difference between the 980 and 1000.

Not 100% confirmed but going off the infographic on the article.
the jz980 has just the standard oled logo
The jz1000 has a different master hdr oled logo.
The jz1500 and jz2000 have the master hdr professional edition logo.
This appears to be the only difference between the 980 and 1000.
Yeah, so only the JZ1500 and JZ2000 have the "pro" panel. As I have already posted elsewhere, the 980 model introduces a lot of confusion, particularly in relation to it's differences with the HZ1000.

Seems to me to be an unnecessary model.

clnthl

Yeah, so only the JZ1500 and JZ2000 have the "pro" panel. As I have already posted elsewhere, the 980 model introduces a lot of confusion, particularly in relation to it's differences with the HZ1000.

Seems to me to be an unnecessary model.
As far as I know the ‘professional edition’ panel is their custom version of the ‘evo’ panel.
The master hdr panel is their word for the new ‘evo’ panel. so the jz1000 still had this.
The jz980 just has a non master hdr panel so similar to the LG C1

As far as I know the ‘professional edition’ panel is their custom version of the ‘evo’ panel.
The master hdr panel is their word for the new ‘evo’ panel. so the jz1000 still had this.
The jz980 just has a non master hdr panel so similar to the LG C1
"Master Panel" is standard Panasonic marketing guff, it has no meaning. My old Panny ZT had a "Studio Master Panel" -but that didn't make it a OLED .

clnthl

"Master Panel" is standard Panasonic marketing guff, it has no meaning. My old Panny ZT had a "Studio Master Panel" -but that didn't make it a OLED .
Yeah like I said nothing is confirmed but as well as the logos for the panel being different it would make sense for there to be a difference between the 980 and 1000. Will have to wait till reviewers get their hands on them for it to be confirmed.

Yeah like I said nothing is confirmed but as well as the logos for the panel being different it would make sense for there to be a difference between the 980 and 1000. Will have to wait till reviewers get their hands on them for it to be confirmed.
It seems pretty clear from what has already been published.

As I say, the 980/1000 positioning causes a lot of confusion - see multiple posts on the HZ980 all asking "what is the difference between this and the HZ1000? Is it worth the extra money?"

Panasonic should just have the 1000 as the base model OLED, it would save a lot of grief.

Panasonic 2021 OLED TVs – specifications​

Panasonic JZ2000 4K OLED
Dolby Vision
Professional Edition OLED panel
My Home Screen 6.0
- (55")
- (65")
- (55")
- (65")
Panasonic JZ1500 4K OLED
Dolby Vision
My Home Screen 6.0
- (48")
  • (55")
  • (65")
- (48")
  • (55")
  • (65")
Panasonic JZ1000 4K OLED
Dolby Vision
My Home Screen 6.0
- (48")
  • (55")
  • (65")
- (48")
  • (55")
  • (65")
Panasonic JZ980 4K OLED
Dolby Vision
My Home Screen 6.0
- (48")
  • (55")
  • (65")
- (48")
  • (55")
  • (65")
SeriesFeatures

clnthl

It seems pretty clear from what has already been published.

As I say, the 980/1000 positioning causes a lot of confusion - see multiple posts on the HZ980 all asking "what is the difference between this and the HZ1000? Is it worth the extra money?"

Panasonic should just have the 1000 as the base model OLED, it would save a lot of grief.

Panasonic 2021 OLED TVs – specifications​

SeriesFeatures
Panasonic JZ2000 4K OLED
Dolby Vision
My Home Screen 6.0
- (55")
- (65")
- (55")
- (65")
Panasonic JZ1500 4K OLED
Dolby Vision
My Home Screen 6.0
- (48")
  • (55")
  • (65")
- (48")
  • (55")
  • (65")
Panasonic JZ1000 4K OLED
Dolby Vision
My Home Screen 6.0
- (48")
  • (55")
  • (65")
- (48")
  • (55")
  • (65")
Panasonic JZ980 4K OLED
Dolby Vision
My Home Screen 6.0
- (48")
  • (55")
  • (65")
- (48")
  • (55")
  • (65")
I’m reading it differently and seeing the professional edition as the heat sink they have added to the ‘evo’ panel.
This would also make sense why the info graphic on the 1000 also has a star say excl. 48” as there is no 48” ‘evo’ panel. Like I said this will have to be confirmed in reviews as brands seem hesitant to confirm which of their screens are using the new panels.

1617006344166.jpeg

stephentw

I agree, it's a very confusing lineup the way they're marketing it as from that it looks like the 1000 is basically like the G1, new panel but no heatsink and the 1500, 2000 have the heatsink. Until reviews start there's no way to know.

If the release dates are June when would we expect to see reviews, May?

Gazgum

I’m reading it differently and seeing the professional edition as the heat sink they have added to the ‘evo’ panel.
This would also make sense why the info graphic on the 1000 also has a star say excl. 48” as there is no 48” ‘evo’ panel. Like I said this will have to be confirmed in reviews as brands seem hesitant to confirm which of their screens are using the new panels.

View attachment 1484906

Have to say I like your reasoning!

All will become clear.....Or maybe slightly less clear on the 980! :D

tdm34

Panasonic will be selling in the USA via Value Electronics in NYC , not sure which models, and they will ship anywhere in the USA.
At a100% markup, unfortunately, I've got a 55" Sony A8H OLED and it's excellent. I couldn't stomach the extra.

rdmbfossa

980 is probably to get to a price point to compete with lower end LG's and equivalents, I suspect a lot of sales of OLED's are for the lower range models as they can still produce stunning pictures, it gets harder to justify as the range increases unless your willing to pay for the best of the best. Would be interesting to compare volume of sales of the different Panasonic models.

capt_janeway

Any news of these being released in the wild here in Blighty? Really interested in the 55" JZ1500 but might make do with the HZ1500 if these are delayed for a few more months

clnthl

Any news of these being released in the wild here in Blighty? Really interested in the 55" JZ1500 but might make do with the HZ1500 if these are delayed for a few more months
If previous years are anything to go by you are looking at May for release, widely available in June.

Saxo Appeal

Distinguished Member
It’s looking like the JZ1500 for us, makes sense between that and cost of the JZ1000

I noticed on Vincent video he states they have released the JZ2000 with Technics speakers and the JZ1500 which is the same TV but without the fugly speakers.

Although a wait till August....could just be France though...

Last edited:

clnthl

mseabroo

More evidence here that the JZ1000 is using the more energy efficient evo panel due to the lower wattage
Don't disagree but with just power figures as a reference then it would seem that the same may also apply to the JZ980 (which at least this year is back to being a 100/120HZ panel), so even harder to tell what the real difference between the lower two models is.

clnthl

It does seem odd why we have the 980 and 1000 and there is absolutely no difference...

Very odd!
I keep saying that I strongly believe the difference is the 1000 has the evo panel (unless is the 48” then there’s no difference) whereas the 980 is a standard panel.

wesslan

Pretty sure the difference between 980 and 1000 will be exactly the same as HZ series. No different panel just some other stuff (BFI and some other options) and often a different stand. Only new panel will be 1500 and 2000 because they cost more and are premium.

The latest video from AVForums

Podcast: LG C1 OLED + JBL Synthesis SDR-35 First Thoughts, plus TV Show & Disc Reviews & more
Subscribe to our YouTube channel

Latest News

What's new on Netflix UK for June 2021
  • By Andy Bassett
  • Published
AVForums Podcast: 12th May 2021
  • By Phil Hinton
  • Published
Bluesound unveils new generation of Node and Powernode audio players
  • By Andy Bassett
  • Published
Naim launches Uniti Atom Headphone Edition