NEWS: Panasonic launches JZ1500, JZ1000 and JZ980 OLEDs for 2021

clnthl

Can’t wait for review and comparisons with the Sony A90j and the JZ1500. Any news on when we will get pricing info?

Solidmedia

Disappointed that there is no 77" version. What's the difference with the JZ2000 and the JZ1500, is it just the speaker at the bottom?

MahaRaja

No built in apps for Disney Plus and Apple TV. Forcing owners to purchase additional devices to connect to their 2021 sets, to access these popular streaming apps. Which is a joke now days.

dotnotbot

Standard Member
Seems to be an inherent problem with Panasonic's own chips.

Haven't seen other models, but from Vincent's reviews GZ950 or HZ1000 did correct 5:5 pulldown. They would mess it up from time to time resulting in a stutter but that's another story. So they gimped down only 980 model for some reason. Even budget 60 Hz TVs nowadays do correct pulldown.

Jim Di Griz

Distinguished Member
No built in apps for Disney Plus and Apple TV. Forcing owners to purchase additional devices to connect to their 2021 sets, to access these popular streaming apps. Which is a joke now days.
Well Disney and Apple apps are a joke to me so I'm not bothered.

clnthl

I'm more annoyed about no airplay 2 and the fact the Plex app has been abandoned for Firefox OS so I would need to factor in the cost of another device on top of the tv cost, then factor in losing an HDMI port for said device. So leaning more towards the Sony.
Just a shame as I've always had Panny before. Why are they so stubborn with this awful OS

Solidmedia

I love Panasonic (still own a ZT60 Plasma) but don't understand why you'd have a tech demo for features that are coming in a later firmware update.

crabby09

Woah.... Woah... Woah... Are we all just skipping over the fact that the 1500 uses the same screen as the 2000?? Does this mean that we're looking at exactly the same picture between the top two sets?!

dotnotbot

Standard Member

I love Panasonic (still own a ZT60 Plasma) but don't understand why you'd have a tech demo for features that are coming in a later firmware update.

At least they're honest here, but it's interesting that they are confident full 4K will be possible with an update. Sounds like a good news for XH90 owners.

urichris

Woah.... Woah... Woah... Are we all just skipping over the fact that the 1500 uses the same screen as the 2000?? Does this mean that we're looking at exactly the same picture between the top two sets?!
Maybe they don't sell enough to justify it?

MechaGodzilla

And since the JZ1500 also comes in 48", the logical conclusion would then be that this marks the first time the custom panel is available in that size class. 🤔

tdm34

Well! the JZ1500 would be perfect, not in the least bit bothered about the VRR, not really bothered about the lack of 77" set as the 65" is about the perfect size for me........

What I am bothered about is I can't buy it, because Panasonic don't do TV's in the USA anymore!

MechaGodzilla

Unfortunately the 48” won’t have the heat sink :(
Yeah, I read that after writing the post. Shame, but not too shocking I guess, since they would've probably offered the JZ2000 in 48" as well if that was the case. :)

I definitely think there are people out there that would love a 48" OLED with the heatsink, though. We'll see which manufacturer is first to provide that.

Earthscope

I am super excited about the JZ1500 having the new custom pro panel like the flagship JZ2000.
At last we get the Custom panel without the bulky rear Atmos speaker System. Fantastic for all of us with full AV set ups that have no need for it and wanted this since Panasonic first announced the GZ2000 back in 2019.....:thumbsup:

Looking forward to the reviews.
The 65” JZ1500 has now moved to the top of my list for my new OLED this year...🤩

Kingchin

Only the 55” & 65” JZ1500 will have the custom panel not the 48” JZ1500 as stated in Panasonic website: 4K OLED TVs | Ultra HD Pro HDR Televisions - Panasonic UK & Ireland
Yep can clearly see from the description pages the Panasonic JZ1500 in 48inch uses the older 2020 panel plus no heatsink.

55inch and 65inch JZ1500 - MASTER HDR Professional Edition panel -
PicsArt_03-25-02.58.09.jpg

And 48inch JZ1500 basic OLED panel. Likely same LG display 48inch OLED panel as last year. Just with Panasonic's 2021 processor -
PicsArt_03-25-02.58.53.jpg

symphara

No bigger than 65", not interested. I was looking forward to their announcement but it looks like the 83A90J is still at the top of the list for me.

The latest video from AVForums

LG G1 OLED Evo TV and SVS SB-1000 Pro subwoofer reviews, Samsung OLED rumours and more...
Subscribe to our YouTube channel

Latest News

Samsung's 110-inch Micro LED TV on pre-order at Harrods
  • By Andy Bassett
  • Published
Bang & Olufsen introduces Beosound Emerge speaker
  • By Andy Bassett
  • Published
Sony launches native 4K VPL-VW290ES and VW890ES projectors
  • By Andy Bassett
  • Published
AVForums Podcast: 14th April 2021