NEWS: Panasonic introduces JZ2000 Flagship OLED TV with HCX Pro AI for 2021

Phil/Steve are virtually attending, so should see something from them/Andy on the front page

Lack of 77 inch is disappointing.

Is the only difference between the 1500 and 2000 the Technics sound system? If so we can finally get a cheaper 2000 without the thick bezel if we have soundbars or speaker systems. This would be amazing hope they don't try to hide some small differences.

Is the only difference between the 1500 and 2000 the Technics sound system? If so we can finally get a cheaper 2000 without the thick bezel if we have soundbars or speaker systems. This would be amazing hope they don't try to hide some small differences.
They are all listed now on Panasonic UK website . Looks design might be only difference .

The Pro panel is filtered down the range without the high quality speaker system. A change in Pana's strategy and an answer to many customers' wishes. The disliked and cheap feel circular stand is continued from last year tough.

so a 1000 or 1500 model would also get the heatsink and new panel?

edit: okay from flatpanelshd it seems the heatsink will trickle down from the JZ2000 to the JZ1500 model, not JZ1000. But all models will have the new upgraded HCX processor. The JZ1500 and 1000 will also be available in 48". They haven't changed the OS, just an updated version of MHS, i wouldve liked them to adopt a new OS.

Last edited:
The 1500 does the 1000 does not

Really interested to see how prices of the 1500 compare to the A90j. Thought it was going to be an easy decision this year and then Panasonic do this. Just a shame about the OS!

i really hope panasonic does something about their exorbitant prices this year, if they are to compete better with lg and sony in terms of sales.

If the only advantage of the JZ2000 over the JZ1500 would be technics soundbar, i dont see most people paying the premium for the 2000. We still don't know about the new 'evo' panel, which models are using them , if at all.

The 1500 does the 1000 does not
It looks like the Panasonic JZ1500 will only have the new LG EVO panel plus Panasonic's heatsink in the 55inch and 65inch models. As the Panasonic UK page says MASTER HDR Professional Edition for the 55inch & 65inch models -
PicsArt_03-25-02.58.09.jpg

Whereas the 48inch JZ1500 it says on the description only uses a OLED panel. So likely using last years LG Display 48inch panel -
PicsArt_03-25-02.58.53.jpg

Last edited:
The customer wish are android TV and fix to Stutter

Stutter with what? Looking at panasonic for a potential new tv but if you're talking about judder (poor motion handling) then I'll go back to looking at sonys 🤔

Totally agree their continues insistence on bundling the panel with a premium sound system doesn't make a lot of sense. If they also offered a "monitor only" option for their top panel as well, it would be more understandable.
Seems that we are getting there in stages....... ;)

Where is the fine print that reads "we fixed the micro stutter and motion processing issues"?
My sensitive eyes are picking these 2 issues left right and centre.

Do we know yet if it is a new processor ?
Every year is a “new processor” but it will be a revision of an existing processor.
Hoping it is an actual new one and this outstanding issue will finally be resolved.

Stutter with what? Looking at panasonic for a potential new tv but if you're talking about judder (poor motion handling) then I'll go back to looking at sonys 🤔
There's been a long running 'bug' where processing 24fps (not 23.976fps) content has been concerned. It's actually a very minor issue and most people don't notice it. 24fps content isn't as prolific as 23.976fps content either.
Do we know yet if it is a new processor ?
Every year is a “new processor” but it will be a revision of an existing processor.
Hoping it is an actual new one and this outstanding issue will finally be resolved.
AIUI the processor in the 2019 models was all new. They used the same processor, as stated by Panasonic, in the 2020 OLEDs. And this year, it's another new processor.

I think there's an assumption that the 24fps bug is hardware related, when that's not necessarily the case as proven by the recent fix of a similar issue on the AppleTV 4K. The assumption was that that was baked into the hardware too. Thus even if the 2021 HCX Pro processor isn't all new, the 24fps bug may not be present.

Paul

I sold my ATV, but good to know they sorted it, used to drive me nuts watching Netflix first decent home produced films on ATV

I sold my ATV, but good to know they sorted it, used to drive me nuts watching Netflix first decent home produced films on ATV
The fix is still in beta and they regressed the software originally but, fixed both issues in the following revision. But, it's not like Apple are like LG with their software updates, so I'm fully confident it'll make the GA release when ready.
It's actually academic for me as when I very rarely notice motion artefacts, they don't bother me as I'm mindful things could be worse.

Paul

So i just saw on my country's Panasonic site that the JZ2000 has some kind of Luminance Booster Technology and checked neither the HZ2000 nor the JZ1500 mention this technology. Can this mean only the JZ2000 has the new evo panel or someone messed something up/it actually means no difference just marketing?
UPDATE: They might be waiting for the other Pana sites as they have no specs about the JZ1500's panel yet and added the info which is 100% confirmed. Looks like this means the new panel tho.

Last edited:
According to Displayspecifications.com both JZ1500 and JZ2000 have this Luminance Boost tech so we should be good!

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom