NEWS: Panasonic introduces JZ2000 Flagship OLED TV with HCX Pro AI for 2021

What happened with Panasonic withdrawing from the North American consumer TV market?
Are they in or out?

What happened with Panasonic withdrawing from the North American consumer TV market?
Are they in or out?
Out.

Although due to their Hollywood connections, they do supply limited retailers but at very high cost apparently.

Are they in or out?
US consumers can purchase Panasonic OLED's from value electronics... I believe. Granted, they're not the latest OLED models. But the option is there as seen in the video below filmed December 2020.

I swear Panasonic need to switch to Google TV. People want the App Availability

Oh and they need to redesign their Remote
The recently released plug in HDMI Google TV Chromecast with remote may be worth a look, it's not as expensive to buy as Apple 4KTV, Its user interface is quite fast and the little remote is easy to use.
This Chromecast device works okay on my TV but shows Dolby Vision when using some apps without DB, I haven't figured out why, probably the HDMI connection.

US consumers can purchase Panasonic OLED's from value electronics... I believe. Granted, they're not the latest OLED models. But the option is there as seen in the video below filmed December 2020.

Robert Zohn, owner of Value Electronics said that only a limited quota is available, maybe 15 panels a month, mainly for those selective consumers with deep pockets.
Essentially these Panasonic OLED's are similar to those sold to Hollywood movie studios for client viewing, using factory selected panels with the same technical specifications and each will be fully calibrated by Value Electronics.
You have to smile.

It looks like this may come with the same panel as used in the new LG Evo OLEDs and Sony A90J models, thus having the improvements in colour volume. Fingers crossed for that as I'd rather not buy a Sony. :D

Paul

It looks like this may come with the same panel as used in the new LG Evo OLEDs and Sony A90J models, thus having the improvements in colour volume. Fingers crossed for that as I'd rather not buy a Sony. :D

Paul

I'd love this to be true - and if it is it'll also stop me looking elsewhere, but where's this suggestion come from? My currently telly is dying - a few times a day it enters a power on/off loop randomly and I have to play with the power cable (which is a faff as its wall mounted) so I am already "in the market" and the reward of new telly vs the risk of waiting on the new models is weighing heavily! :p

I'd love this to be true - and if it is it'll also stop me looking elsewhere, but where's this suggestion come from?
In Vincent Teoh's latest video, he speculates that Panasonic must be using this panel design. It would make sense given they've made their heatsink design available to LGD and possibly Sony. On the other hand, Panasonic make no mention of it in their marketing for the JZ2000, so who knows. As with all this, we'll only know, when we know.

Paul

Looks amazing (shame about the attached soundbar tho) !!

Any rough guesses what the TV cost would be for the 65"?

Possibly around £3999 maybe

Game Mode Extreme - Our new 4K OLED TVs are ready for action. Our HCX Pro AI processor almost halves input lag*. While HDMI 2.1 supports High Frame Rates (HFR) and Variable Refresh Rate (VRR) for new levels of realism demanded by the latest gaming devices.

Last edited:
Looks amazing (shame about the attached soundbar tho) !!

Any rough guesses what the TV cost would be for the 65"?

Possibly around £3999 maybe

Game Mode Extreme - Our new 4K OLED TVs are ready for action. Our HCX Pro AI processor almost halves input lag*. While HDMI 2.1 supports High Frame Rates (HFR) and Variable Refresh Rate (VRR) for new levels of realism demanded by the latest gaming devices.
Soundbar is well fugly.

Robert Zohn, owner of Value Electronics said that only a limited quota is available, maybe 15 panels a month, mainly for those selective consumers with deep pockets.
Essentially these Panasonic OLED's are similar to those sold to Hollywood movie studios for client viewing, using factory selected panels with the same technical specifications and each will be fully calibrated by Value Electronics.
You have to smile.

Yep. These are considered large-format client reference monitors. Initially Panasonic started selling special client displays to one dealer(filmtools) in the U.S. starting in 2017 who they only distribute to professional studios. Now Value Electronics are getting extra allocations of the panels as well.

They are very expensive...conversion rate is basically like buying a HZ2000 at msrp for that panel.

According to Robert;

• The panels are cherry picked so the uniformity is incredible
  • No frame skipping on 24p or any content because of processor re-tuning
  • These do don't have any built in smart apps
  • No ABL(the mentioned something about a difference with the power supply)

Yep. These are considered large-format client reference monitors. Initially Panasonic started selling special client displays to one dealer(filmtools) in the U.S. starting in 2017 who they only distribute to professional studios. Now Value Electronics are getting extra allocations of the panels as well.

They are very expensive...conversion rate is basically like buying a HZ2000 at msrp for that panel.

According to Robert;

Wish we could have some "processing retuning" on our HZ models to sort out 24fps issues.

According to Robert;

I may have to go back and rewatch but I don't recall Robert mentioning "No frame skipping on 24p or any content because of processor re-tuning", I thought this was inherent in the way the processor converts framerate to apply video processing, so its either a hardware of firmware limitation. If its firmware seems like there would be no reason once they had put in the effort to re-tune that it would not be applied to all models. But if its hardware there is little they can do until a new processor comes along.

I may have to go back and rewatch but I don't recall Robert mentioning "No frame skipping on 24p or any content because of processor re-tuning", I thought this was inherent in the way the processor converts framerate to apply video processing, so its either a hardware of firmware limitation. If its firmware seems like there would be no reason once they had put in the effort to re-tune that it would not be applied to all models. But if its hardware there is little they can do until a new processor comes along.

Per Robert on blu-ray forums. He's working with a isf level 3 calibrator in his store on evaluating the sets. I would be really interested in having a direct comparison between these and the other consumer models which we many never get though I think they might have these in this years TV shootout since they are for sale and could be considered fair game.

" we don't see any frame skipping on 24p or any content with the GZ1000U OLED displays we have. I assume it was fixed for the Hollywood HCX processor re-tuning for the professional GZ1000U versions that are built for Hollywood."

"Some differences we actually see on our inventory is no ABL and no 24p frame skipping. I have not seen or have access to the mass production units to see any other differences, but as you do also know the OLED panels are hand selected and only the very best are used for these Hollywood professional OLED displays."

Per Robert on blu-ray forums. He's working with a isf level 3 calibrator in his store on evaluating the sets. I would be really interested in having a direct comparison between these and the other consumer models which we many never get though I think they might have these in this years TV shootout since they are for sale and could be considered fair game.

" we don't see any frame skipping on 24p or any content with the GZ1000U OLED displays we have. I assume it was fixed for the Hollywood HCX processor re-tuning for the professional GZ1000U versions that are built for Hollywood."

"Some differences we actually see on our inventory is no ABL and no 24p frame skipping. I have not seen or have access to the mass production units to see any other differences, but as you do also know the OLED panels are hand selected and only the very best are used for these Hollywood professional OLED displays."

What does that mean?

What does what mean?
I think he's saying it sounds like a load of marketing nonsense that appears to be baseless? Why does "Hollywood" want a "retuned" mid range previous generation OLED? Where do these super special ultra rare out of date premium hand selected mid range OLEDs go and if they're so awesome why is there overstock of them?

I think he's saying it sounds like a load of marketing nonsense that appears to be baseless? Why does "Hollywood" want a "retuned" mid range previous generation OLED? Where do these super special ultra rare out of date premium hand selected mid range OLEDs go and if they're so awesome why is there overstock of them?
Because they are accurate and their colourists like using them. If they are overstocked its because they are £$**!!! expensive.

I really hope JZ2000 will have the new LG panel that in itself is around 20% brighter and the metalback. Seems like that is the way sony goes with A9OJ and early talks seems very "high nits" and more color volume :)

Why does "Hollywood" want a "retuned" mid range previous generation OLED?

I would assume to address issues mentioned earlier. Also see video below at 5:00.

Where do these super special ultra rare out of date premium hand selected mid range OLEDs go

Filmtools for distribution to professional studios. For example in this link for the restoration of Wizard of Oz, it talks about Motion Picture Imaging's workflow for grading and they use a Panasonic EZ1000 for the client reference monitor. Filmtools supplies Motion Picture Imaging with the Panasonic OLED.

Now this store is getting Panasonic to make additional units that used to be only for Filmtools in a very limited quantity.

and if they're so awesome why is there overstock of them?

It's not an overstock. Panasonic is making an allocation in limited quantities for his store along with filmtools which is the exclusive dealer for 'Hollywood'. He said he has been trying to get this deal done for a couple years now.

I would note these are not the same as the consumer model(these do not have smart apps for example). I would refer to Vincent's video explaining the use of these for being client reference monitors.

Last edited:
TX-65HZ2000B - 4K ULTRA HD / Master HDR OLED Professional Edition

TX-65JZ2000B - 4K OLED/Master HDR OLED Professional Edition/Luminance Booster Technology

I bring good news

This is crucial news and very good to know but lets just get this out of the way......Panasonic's marketing is absolute garbage. The fact that we are first hearing about this through some obscure interview is mind blowing to me.

This is crucial news and very good to know but lets just get this out of the way......Panasonic's marketing is absolute garbage. The fact that we are first hearing about this through some obscure interview is mind blowing to me.
Panasonic don't tend to release much info around CES time, they wait until later in the year.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom