NEWS: Panasonic introduces JZ2000 Flagship OLED TV with HCX Pro AI for 2021

Is this the only TV Panasonic have announced at CES ? Can't see news of any others , which is a shame as I'm looking to replace my now 6 year old CX802 !

Is this the only TV Panasonic have announced at CES ? Can't see news of any others , which is a shame as I'm looking to replace my now 6 year old CX802 !
Yes so far but it follows the pattern from prior years where just the flagship was announced at CES and then more technical detail and the rest of the range were announced during March, so would expect to see details of other 2021 models appear around then

Yes so far but it follows the pattern from prior years where just the flagship was announced at CES and then more technical detail and the rest of the range were announced during March, so would expect to see details of other 2021 models appear around then
Many thanks . Will hang on until then and make the Sony or Panasonic decision .

I believe LG will be releasing 32" OLED gaming monitors along with other sizes in the future.
I'm not sure Panasonic will follow suit it shows no sign of wanting to invest in panel technology diversity.
PC gaming market is huge, but I dont think Panasonic will bother if LG go for it first.

Why does Panny continue to limit size to 65inch??? Do they figure cost will be too high for their models? Do they think they have covered the most sold sizes? It seems sometimes you need BIG screens to highlight all your models even if you don’t sell many. It’s like using a bus stop for a movie poster if you get what I mean. Just don’t understand why.

Why does Panny continue to limit size to 65inch??? Do they figure cost will be too high for their models? Do they think they have covered the most sold sizes? It seems sometimes you need BIG screens to highlight all your models even if you don’t sell many. It’s like using a bus stop for a movie poster if you get what I mean. Just don’t understand why.

Funny enough couple of years ago Panasonic did do a 77" screen the TX-77EZ1002 but it was not successful sales-wise, I guess it had something to do with being £17k retail!

Given how the cost of 77" OLED screen has come down significantly in the last 12 months you would think it's a no brainer for Panasonic to re-launch a 77" but sadly Panasonic especially their AV division is walking on eggshells they just don't have the market share unbelievably Sony is doing better than them in TV sales even though their market share is just blip compared to juggernauts Samsung and LG who have been dominating for several years!

So basically it's a business decision by Panasonic not do a 77" or larger. Sad how the mighty have fallen I remember the times it was all about Panasonic and Sony before Koreans stepped into the ring!

I think that’s my point really! When you’re small, you can’t go cheap because the Koreans and Chinese will beat you on that sector, so as they did, go high end and make really good TV’s but that calls for a BIG screen to show what you’re capable of. Yes it can’t be ridiculous in cost but I’m sure people would pay more than the Korean offerings IF the image quality was evident. They’re not going to survive trying to weave between the Competiton.

I wonder now if Panny is even suitable at 65inch. Yes the picture is natural and really wonderful but the user interface is so lacking. I haven’t seen the last year or two but they must also make the Tv the centre of a connected world in the way that other smart TVs are

I always find it odd that enthusiasts look for anything other than the best screen and ports - who cares about interface if all sources are external? I certainly don't.

I always find it odd that enthusiasts look for anything other than the best screen and ports - who cares about interface if all sources are external? I certainly don't.
That’s part of their market share issue though, enthusiasts without wives or families are a very small minority.

My wife went bonkers with our HZ2000’s, swapping remotes to watch different sources and I wasn’t going to spend a load of money on a Harmony etc.

Harmony’s are going for crazy money at the moment, I sold my 3 year old one and made £100...

That’s part of their market share issue though, enthusiasts without wives or families are a very small minority.

My wife went bonkers with our HZ2000’s, swapping remotes to watch different sources and I wasn’t going to spend a load of money on a Harmony etc.

Cheapskate ;)

To be fair though, I don't understand the issue with the Panny interface either - I only need to press one button on the Harmony to bring up the Apps screen, and from there you can choose what you want. Couldn't be much easier.

Or of course you can just set up something like "Netflix" as an activity, and go straight there.

Cheapskate ;)

To be fair though, I don't understand the issue with the Panny interface either - I only need to press one button on the Harmony to bring up the Apps screen, and from there you can choose what you want. Couldn't be much easier.

Or of course you can just set up something like "Netflix" as an activity, and go straight there.
For us it was Disney+ being the issue as the wee one watches it all the time. Not exactly the enthusiast issue but for the missus, a big one! :rotfl:

Harmony = Happy Wife

If I've invested more than £4k in a system a couple of a hundred is well worth it.

Harmony = Happy Wife

If I've invested more than £4k in a system a couple of a hundred is well worth it.
I think if I was going back to Panasonic then I definitely would do that.

I think the user interface is extremely important. Yes people can buy a screen for its quality but that’s not what is being sold today. We’re sold an experience of a home entertainment centre running from your TV. When the image qualities are seemingly very similar then the appearance, remote design, user interface become all the more differentiating unless people enjoy multiple remotes or having to add peripherals for some reason. We should expect a lot from TVs just as someone saw beyond Nokia handsets to the devices we use today.
It’s the same as a car, you don’t need comfortable seats, electric windows etc. if you’re only interested in how well it’s engineered. But most people pay more for a car that has more than the purpose of going from A-B.

What device do you use for Disney+? Apple TV and Amazon Fire stick/TV work via the TVs remote control

What device do you use for Disney+? Apple TV and Amazon Fire stick/TV work via the TVs remote control
That sadly was beyond my technical ability/knowledge at the time! Damn! Thanks thihhh for letting me know!

Harmony’s are going for crazy money at the moment, I sold my 3 year old one and made £100...
Yes crazy money they were always half price on amazon prime day and black Friday if you look at the old harmony bargain threads £115 nocking on to £300 now fingers crossed my harmony ultimate keeps going. I'd be lost without it Controls 5 devices. As for my GZ950 interface I've got no problems one button for apps then load which ever app you need and it loads instantly but with panasonics poor app support you also need a firestick for Disney plus and other apps panasonic doesn't support

If Harmony do launch another (and they should although some think it’s been discontinued), if they add the mouse like functionality of the LG magic remote, I’d reinvest.

I swear Panasonic need to switch to Google TV. People want the App Availability

Oh and they need to redesign their Remote

Why does Panny continue to limit size to 65inch??? Do they figure cost will be too high for their models?

Probably for the same reasons they limit where they sell OLEDs. The juice isn't worth the squeeze so to speak so they are literally focusing on where the max profit is I would guess. Not selling consumer OLEDs in U.S. Canada and Australia is quite a decision....we are talking a combined first world market of roughly 400 million people...basically equal population to UK, Germany, France, Italy, Spain, Poland, Croatia, Sweden, Norway, Finland, Ireland combined. Panasonic's strategy is really in a niche of where they move the most units by size and area I would guess and it seems they won't deviate from 55/65 because thats where they would sell the most units by far.

Probably similar to Sony. Looks like they will be going after the gaming sector this year with low lag game mode HDMI 2.1.

I swear Panasonic need to switch to Google TV. People want the App Availability

Oh and they need to redesign their Remote
HZ2000 has the best remote I have ever used. Many reviews agrees but I know the HZ980-HZ1500 got a worse.

And yes they should do google tv to get up to speed. Let's see if they switch later since some LCD models didn't use their own platform. Maybe that was a test?

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom